Indiana Open Wheel
Page 1 of 2

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Midwest Thunder 410 Sprints (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=124535)

MMSA 11/5/23 12:47 PM

Midwest Thunder 410 Sprints

November 5, 2023

KB Promotions LLC Owner, Kevin Bayer, is excited to announce the launch of the Midwest Thunder 410 Sprint Car Series, the newest traveling, 410 non-wing, sprint car series in the Midwest. This new series aims to provide racers with a platform to compete at prestigious tracks throughout central and southern Indiana/Illinois.

Following the dissolution of the MSCS series, the decision to create a fresh new series was made by the Midwest Thunder team. We take this opportunity to extend our sincere gratitude to the Helfrich family for their unwavering support and for providing us with vital insights as we embark upon this journey.

Although this may be the first year for the Midwest Thunder 410 Sprint Car Series, it is not the first for this dedicated staff, comprised of a group of individuals with extensive knowledge and experience in the sport of racing. Having successfully managed the Midwest Mini Sprint Association – tabbed as a premier support series by many prestigious sanctioning groups – and having been deeply involved in the racing world for many decades, the team is excited to uphold the rich tradition of 410 sprint car racing in the Midwest.

One of the key highlights of the Midwest Thunder 410 Sprint Car Series is the increase in the minimum prize money for participating racers. Feature event winners will receive a minimum of $2,500, and an increased amount of $400 will be guaranteed to all those who start the feature race. For those unfortunate racers unable to make the main event, they will receive no less than $150 to help the racer travel up and down the Indiana highways. Kevin was also happy to note that in his discussions with various track managers, many are expressing interest in providing even higher prize amounts for the feature winners. This increased incentive is a testament to the level of competitiveness and excitement that Midwest Thunder aims to bring to the racing circuit.

In the coming months, the Midwest Thunder team will work diligently to finalize and announce the official schedule for the season. Racetracks across the Midwest have eagerly expressed their interest in being a part of this new and exciting series, and they are eager to collaborate with them to deliver an unforgettable racing experience for both the drivers and fans.

As the anticipation builds for the Midwest Thunder 410 Sprint Car Series, the team encourages all racing enthusiasts and sponsors to join them in this thrilling journey. Updates will be posted to our new Facebook page, Midwest Thunder 410 Sprint Car Series.

For media inquiries, please contact:
Kevin Bayer, Owner
Midwest Thunder 410s (MT 410s)
Midwest Mini Sprint Association (MMSA)
812-630-3989

Crankin 11/5/23 1:26 PM

So, um, you couldn’t come up with any other name? A name that has been used since 2015 by the USAC Midwest Thunder midget division.

https://www.usacracing.com/schedule-...hunder-midgets

Rpracing1 11/6/23 11:48 AM

I guess when You start Your own series you can call it whatever you would like.

Refresh my memory, what is your series called?

Originally Posted by Crankin:
So, um, you couldn’t come up with any other name? A name that has been used since 2015 by the USAC Midwest Thunder midget division.

dsc1600 11/6/23 12:37 PM

Salty on a Monday morning.

TQ97 11/6/23 2:22 PM

Of which that name was taken from the .25 division from about 2010….

Gene Franckowiak 11/6/23 2:26 PM

Re: Midwest Thunder 410 Sprints

Where are the rules posted ? How can one plan to raace in a division unless they post the rules. I realize the schedule takes time to develop but the rules should be available at this point.

Crankin 11/6/23 7:19 PM

Originally Posted by Rpracing1:
I guess when You start Your own series you can call it whatever you would like.

Refresh my memory, what is your series called?

Oooo, I must say, that's about as imaginative as the name of the series. :17:

Vookie 11/6/23 7:55 PM

Oooo, I must say, that's about as imaginative as the name of the series. :17:

The worst name ever for a racing club ever, WOOM - World of Outlaw Midgets. :(

wildman92 11/6/23 11:25 PM

Lordy. New racing series announced and we’re already ********? About the name?? 🤦🏻*♀️. Who cares what they call it - let’s go racing!!

Crankin 11/7/23 8:34 AM

Originally Posted by wildman92:
Lordy. New racing series announced and we’re already ********? About the name?? 🤦🏻*♀️. Who cares what they call it - let’s go racing!!

I totally agree Mr. Wild. I too hate it when someone works hard at something new, and then the big day comes for the announcement. Like clockwork, the next post is written by someone who has never owned a racecar in their life, and is whining about the tire rule within said announcement.

I understand how my initial post could be taken that way, but that was not the intention. I was just pointing out to this person that someone else in the same region has spent many years trying to build that same name, and maybe for some strange reason, this guy didn't know that?
It was not I that stirred things up after that. I mean, I didn't mouth off to TQ. I did not know about what TQ said, aaaand, there is no reason to stir things up over what he wrote. I read his post, I respect his point, and move on.

But, the name does matter Mr. Wild. Midwest Thunder has spent more than 6-7 years building their brand. They went from just another class among 47 other classes at Montpelier, to now being regular opening acts at Sprint Week shows! And now, someone else doing a similar thing, in the same region, wants to use the same name??!!

That would be kind of like some guy named Bob wants to start his own business called Bob's Lil Wieners. Bob builds his business over time from Kokomo to Indianapolis to Bloomington, and beyond. Things are starting to go pretty good for Bob's Lil Wieners.
But from out of the blue, 7 years later, another guy named Bob, from Muncie, wants to start his own business too, and he calls it Bob's Lil Wieners & Warm Buns? Bob has aspirations of going from Muncie to Indianapolis to Terre Haute, and beyond.

Seems like 2nd Bob, out of sheer courtesy, should start with a different name to avoid confusion. And, to maybe not step on the toes of others who have worked hard to build their name to kind of the same audience/participants.

Again, I never intended to start an argument on this announcement. Nobody seemed to have an issue with Sir Charles saying basically the same thing in another post on the same subject? Yet here, Bob stepped on his wiener, and well, ya know........

The Old Coyote 11/7/23 9:24 AM

Look at that Jen, he just called you a guy!:D

oppweld 11/7/23 10:07 AM

Kinda like Powri BOSS 410 Sprints.

Dirtfan 11/7/23 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by The Old Coyote:
Look at that Jen, he just called you a guy!:D

He did call her Mr,at least twice, it would appear he didn't read very well and stepped on his "Little Weiner".🙄

WBR 3E 11/7/23 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by TQ97:
Of which that name was taken from the .25 division from about 2010….

The USAC SpeeD2 Midwest Thunder Midget name was proposed by the USAC Race Director over HPD and QM in 2015, to demonstrate a connection between the new D2 series and the existing USAC Thunder QM series for younger driving looking to move up once they had aged out of QMs.

BrentTFunk 11/7/23 1:38 PM

If this new group is planning on replacing MSCS, I hope they study as to why teams didn't follow the series. Earlier this year only 3 of the top 20 in points ran at Gas City. It looked to me like only 2 ran all the races. Hope they are able to figure out why that is and make the right corrections.

azsprintfan1 11/7/23 2:05 PM

This is great that someone stepped up to replace MSCS. Would be cool if they could co-sanction some shows with BOSS to get the car counts and purses up.

Crankin 11/7/23 3:00 PM

Originally Posted by Dirtfan:
He did call her Mr,at least twice, it would appear he didn't read very well and stepped on his "Little Weiner".🙄

TEE HE, TEE HE :17:
Yeah, and you don't punctuate very well, so there you big meanie. (now looks at post, and makes move to correct)

I'm sorry, I don't spend my life on this board. Judging by your post count in comparison to mine, and considering we joined at the same time, I'd be surprised if you don't know everyone's eye color?

Excuse me for not thinking/seeing WildMAN was actually a woman.

My apologies to her.

mc/rider 11/7/23 6:38 PM

Sooo now we have devolved into pronoun usage. ugh

MMSA 11/7/23 6:48 PM

Dear Fans of the Midwest Thunder 410 Sprint Car Series,

We are overwhelmed with gratitude for the incredible support and enthusiasm you've shown following our recent announcement for the 2024 season. Your unwavering dedication to our sport is what fuels our passion, and we can't wait to share the excitement of the upcoming season with you!

As we dedicate ourselves to the continual growth of the beloved sport, it's hard not to notice the unified theme of the Midwest Thunder 410s (MT 410s) and the Lightning Sprints (MMSA), both proudly organized by KB Promotions. Our team remains steadfast in our commitment to delivering an unparalleled on-track experience, constantly striving to raise the bar and provide the ultimate racing spectacle for all enthusiasts.

The Midwest Thunder 410 Sprint Car Series would not be possible without an extraordinary group of individuals who tirelessly work behind the scenes.
Kevin Bayer - Owner/Race Director
Dustin Bayer - Videographer and Statistician
Shaun Waters - Announcer
Dane Reynolds - Event Coordinator
Jason Adams - Event Coordinator
Keith Dewig - Official Starter (Flagman)

Stay tuned to our official Facebook page as we continue to work on the rule book, 2024 schedule and the new website.

NOSTINKINWINGS 11/10/23 1:25 PM

WSS.........Wabash Sprint Series might fit better:16

MMSA 12/13/23 3:27 PM

12-13-23

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Midwest Thunder 410 Crew Announces Progress on 2024 Schedule Release

The Midwest Thunder 410 Crew, is pleased to announce significant advancements in the development of its highly anticipated 2024 schedule and 2024 rulebook. With several dates already meticulously planned, the organization is taking a considerate approach by withholding the release until tracks have announced their respective schedules.

The Midwest Thunder 410 Crew is looking forward to unveiling the finalized 2024 schedule at the beginning of January right here on our Facebook page. Fans of the heart-pounding action can anticipate an exhilarating lineup of races that highlight the skill, talent, and excitement synonymous with 410 sprint car racing.

To enhance the experience for fans and enthusiasts alike, the Midwest Thunder 410 Crew encourages sharing this news with friends and followers on social media platforms. By doing so, the organization aims to grow its online presence and establish a stronger bond within the racing community.

Stay connected and be the first to know about the release of the 2024 schedule by following the Midwest Thunder 410 Crew on our Facebook page.

MMSA 1/3/24 11:00 AM

Top of the morning to all my racing enthusiasts!

With the new year upon us, extremely excited the days are now getting longer, and with that only means one thing....
MT410 racing season (March 30th) will be here before we know it!

Schedule is all but done, (17 events, 5 venues)
The rules have been revised, (pretty much sprint car rules)
The 2024 payout and 2024 point fund is in place.

As I have done for several years with MMSA. I plan to have a zoom meeting, the meeting will be this Sunday evening at 6:00 EST for Midwest Thunder 410 series.

I will post zoom link here Sunday morning for all those wanting to join in.

Promptly at 6:01, my staff and I will first do the MT410 intro, that will lead into the brief rule package breakdown, continuing on we will chat about the 2024 schedule, payout and point fund and put a wrap on it with a Q&A session.

Hope to see you online Sunday evening!
Kevin Bayer

MMSA 1/7/24 2:05 PM

For those interested in joining tonight's Zoom meeting:
Time: Jan 7, 2024 06:00 PM (Eastern Time - or fast time)

Join Zoom Meeting by clicking this link:
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/8375117805...hjq5rumPVKWx.1

If prompted for a passcode: 362279

Please share. Thanks!

MMSA 1/7/24 8:15 PM

The 2024 zoom meeting for Midwest Thunder 410s is in the books. Thanks to all that joined in and asked some very great questions.

Highlights of zoom...
Slight rule adjustments are as follows:

Start of race:
No freebies on a start of a race, you cause bad start, immediate 2 spot penalty.
Restart of a race:
On restart single file thru cone, if jump two spot penalty, if caution comes out penalty will then be accessed, if no caution it will be accessed at races end.

C-Main:
C main no longer will be ran.
If need be we will run two smaller B mains in place of a C main and then B main.

Provisionals: 2 per driver per year, will go down list of points until 21st position is fulfilled. First race will be based off last years points and then after first race will be current point standings.

Must have a Hoosier tire on all four corners!
Gentlemans agreement no doping of tires.

Show up points will be 5.

Working hard to pay heat winners $50.
With heat 1 doing the redraw.

Schedule to be 18 events.
First event March 30th Brownstown Speedway
Appears:
Brownstown 1
Tri-State 5
Paragon 3
Circle City 5
Red Hill 4

Schedule is all but done, need one date cleared up.

$2500 to win $400 start 150 non transfer is base amount but several events are over the $2500 to win.

Point fund of $10,000 is in place.

Facebook is where you will find most up to date info, the website is being generated but facebook is the place for now.

Thanks again....Kevin Bayer

wildman92 1/7/24 9:04 PM

Originally Posted by MMSA:
Gentlemans agreement no doping of tires.

What about the female drivers who participate in this series? 🤦🏻*♀️🤔

brown11b 1/8/24 2:37 PM

Originally Posted by wildman92:
What about the female drivers who participate in this series? 🤦🏻*♀️🤔

My reading of the rules says they are free to tire dope.

kinser 1/8/24 8:18 PM

Originally Posted by brown11b:
My reading of the rules says they are free to tire dope.

That’s pretty much what I thought.

MMSA 1/14/24 5:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
2024 Midwest Thunder 410 Race Schedule

MMSA 1/14/24 10:54 PM

Website completed ….

https://www.midwestthunder410s.com/

treecitytornado 1/16/24 12:33 AM

Vookie, I loved "WOOM!" Had a decal on our Cooler when I was a little kid!! 🙂🙂👍👍

MMSA 1/21/24 9:53 PM

The 2024 Midwest Thunder Driver Application is now available.

https://www.midwestthunder410s.com/_...2862d784c4.pdf

MMSA 1/28/24 5:39 PM

Please support the ones that support racing!

Our 2024 partnering sponsors for the Midwest Thunder 410s.

Scotts Performance Engine Center (SPEC)
Hinchman Firesuits
Wilwood Brakes
Best One Tire
Hoosier Speed
Saldana Race Products
AFCO
CHIPS
Hoosier Tire
S/K Powder Coating
Rod End Supply
RE/MAX
Swat Pest
Midwest Dyno Services

Feel free to contact us if you wish to be part of the Midwest Thunder 410 sprint car series!

MMSA 3/7/24 2:10 PM

As we near our first event of 2024 at Brownstown Speedway, on March 30th, please remember, all up to date info can be faithfully found here. Once info comes from the track for that event I will pass on.

Thanks for all the preregistered memberships forms. This indeed will definitely make your sign in process streamlined come race day.
Here is the link, you have until Friday, March 15th to preregister and save dollars in doing so.

https://www.midwestthunder410s.com/_...dnV-dmcPHbixHc

Thanks for supporting MT410s

MMSA 3/23/24 8:04 AM

The count down begins to the first Midwest Thunder 410 series race of 2024…

Brownstown Speedway
The Spring Meltdown
Saturday, March 30th

Midwest Thunder 410s,
Midwest Mini Sprint Association,
and Hornets!

www.midwestthunder410s.com

MMSA 3/24/24 8:26 PM

Excitement is brewing for opening night at Brownstown Speedway – Saturday, March 30!
• Gates open at 3
• Hot laps at 6
• Racing to follow
• $4,000 to win/$400 to start/25-lap feature

More info: https://www.facebook.com/brownstownspeedway

MMSA 3/26/24 3:06 PM

Brownstown Speedway Saturday March 30th

3:00 Gates
4:50 HORN for MT 410s drivers meeting
5:00 MT 410s drivers meeting
5:15 MMSA drivers meeting
5:30 HORN for MT 410s engine heat
5:40-5:55 MT 410s engine heat (group 1 stays on track)
6:00 MT 410s hotlaps/group qualifying
6:15 MMSA hot laps
6:30 HORN for MT 410s heat races
6:30 Hornet hot laps
6:45 opening ceremonies
MT 410s heat races
MMSA heat races
HORN for MT 410s B main
Hornet heat races
MT 410s B main
MMSA B main
HORN for MT 410s feature event
Hornet B main
MT 410s feature
MMSA feature
Hornet feature

MMSA 3/28/24 11:58 PM

On behalf of Dirt2Media & the Midwest Thunder 410 Sprint Car Series .. a right rear tire awaits the racer who passes the most cars combined in Friday’s No Way Out 40 A-Main at Paragon Speedway AND Saturday’s Spring Meltdown A-Main at Brownstown Speedway.

Catch all of the action LIVE at www.dirt2media.tv!

MMSA 3/30/24 6:44 AM

ITS RACE DAY !
Safe travels to all teams and fans, see ya at the speedway….
Brownstown Speedway
Gates 3:00 Hot laps 6:00 Racing to follow.

MMSA 3/31/24 1:12 AM

34 entries tonight…

Brownstown Speedway Results

SPEC Racing Heat Race Winners:
CJ Leary
Robert Ballou
Cody Trammell
Kyle Cummins

B-Main Winner:
Jadon Rogers

Feature Results:
CJ Leary