Indiana Open Wheel

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Kokomo Speedway ISW 7/21/18 (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=105282)

Jerry Spencer 7/17/18 5:35 PM

Kokomo Speedway ISW 7/21/18

Make plans to attend the baddest bullring in Indiana this coming Saturday For the second night of sprint week.

Sarah will be selling 50/50 again this Saturday so help her out and buy a bunch of tickets and maybe win what I'm thinking will be a decent pot.

G.A. $25 Pits $30

KIDS UNDER 12 ALWAYS FREE IN THE STANDS

Gates open @3.00 with hot laps 6:45 racing follows As you probably already know the track starts on time and finishes early enough to get you on the road at a decent hour, sometimes before dark.

Don't forget with a ticket stub or a pit pass wrist ban you can get a discount at Choo Choo McGoo's 816 East Markland 1-765-865-8367 for the best home cooked meal you will eat and a huge supporter of the Kokomo Speedway. Dave Trine and his family feed the entire group of retired racers at the first annual reunion this past week at the Kokomo Speedway so lets show them we care and support the restaurant that supports racers. They told us had we continued they didn't care how well we did they just wanted to sponsor Josh and will be on Leland's race car next season. Here is something special as Dave's wife said if you have forgot the ticket to tell them Spencer Racing and the Kokomo Speedway sent you for the discount. There is plenty of parking so don't worry about a place to park.

Make sure to be careful and have fun, tell the staff at the Speedway thank you for giving us all a place to race and enjoy an evening with friends.

Tell them you love em every chance you get.

See you Saturday at The Kokomo Speedway

Jerry #66j
Spencer Racing

jim goerge 7/17/18 5:45 PM

Re: Kokomo Speedway ISW 7/21/18

Jerry May I ask where in Kokomo is Choo Choo"s at? As we always try to back places that back racers :8:

reeserx 7/17/18 6:34 PM

Originally Posted by jim goerge:
Jerry May I ask where in Kokomo is Choo Choo"s at? As we always try to back places that back racers :8:

816 e Markland ave. Kokomo, in 46902. Not too far off of 931

hoosier sprinter 7/17/18 9:50 PM

first time going since the new backstretch bleachers were installed. What's the story there...can u park there and get a ticket? Any reserved seating? Looking to try it out. Thanks.

streetglider 7/17/18 10:00 PM

You can park back there but it is very limited and I have been penned in for hours after the races. Also had my car damaged by the rowdy drunks back there. I wouldn’t advise parking there.

berks co 7/17/18 10:09 PM

I’m considering coming out from Reading PA but I need a decent weather forecast

Jerry Spencer 7/18/18 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by jim goerge:

About a mile West of 931 on Markland 816 East Markland 765-865-8367 Markland right between Locke and Jay on the North side of Markand

Jerry #66j
Spencer Racing

PIT CART 7/18/18 1:15 PM

Do they have a rain date for Friday and Saturday?

Nut'n but Dirt 7/18/18 3:37 PM

As always, Half Moon Restaurant and Brewery is also a good spot to eat during sprint week. Chris and the gang has good food and drink. They also sponsor our team - Daigh/Phillips Motorsports #71P!

hoosier sprinter 7/18/18 7:45 PM

Originally Posted by streetglider:
You can park back there but it is very limited and I have been penned in for hours after the races. Also had my car damaged by the rowdy drunks back there. I wouldn’t advise parking there.

thanks for the info. How bout tickets? front gate only?

david mitchell 7/18/18 8:23 PM

Good luck for that favorable forecast.Weather looks very iffy for first three nites.😿

flagboy55 7/18/18 8:47 PM

Well I was waiting for David to comment on the weather before I did. Now that he has, I'm hoping he's wrong

david mitchell 7/18/18 8:55 PM

Flagboy,It is officially SW.Indeed,lets hope all races can be got in ,regardless of night.😸

34racer 7/18/18 9:19 PM

There is a ticket booth on the backstretch.

HARFprez 7/18/18 9:38 PM

Back area: new stands + concessions + ticket booth + restrooms. Have NEVER taken "HOURS" to get out, and NOT a big drunken bunch. Get there early to park & have some patience after the event, you'll have no probkem.

berks co 7/19/18 8:53 AM

Forecast considered I’m not driving from Reading PA, just not worth the chance☔️👎

oppweld 7/19/18 9:37 AM

I'm only going to be able to make 4 out of 6 as things sit right now. If they hurry up and decide on rain dates that might push my attendance to 6!

Jerry Spencer 7/19/18 1:29 PM

I will update weather in the Kokomo area as soon as possible. I like the rest of you want to see the races run with no problem but I am also not going to lie to you just to get you on the road.

Don't forget Choo Choo McGoo's 816 East Markland for the racers discount and great home cooking.

Be safe and have fun

Jerry #66j
Spencer Racing

Jerry Spencer 7/21/18 11:45 AM

11.30 am and the rain has stopped for now, looks like it is going to rain but it isn't now. May be one of those circle deals all day as it looks like it is just going in circles so maybe we can get the perfect timing on the circle.

The forecast calls for storms until this evening so I will let you know in another hour.

Be safe

Jerry #66j

Jerry Spencer 7/21/18 12:01 PM

I hate this for everyone but I also understand wanting to know whats going on, 12 noon and it was pouring for a few min. it has slowed to a steady rain now.

Will update at 12:30

Jerry #66j

TQ97 7/21/18 12:03 PM

Do they have a time they plan on making a call?

Justigit 7/21/18 12:19 PM

I don't think there is a specific time per say, but if it has been raining off and on all day they usually call it around 2pm give or take. Also the word from the track was if it was rained out the race would be scheduled for Tuesday.

Jerry Spencer 7/21/18 12:49 PM

It is 12:45 Saturday and its raining pretty steady, I hate to report this as I really want to get this show in but I also understand the people calling and asking.

Racers discount at Choo Choo McGoo's at 816 East Markland ticket stub pit pass or mention my or Josh's name for the Speedway discount. Big Race supporters

Be safe

Jerry #66j

Jerry Spencer 7/21/18 1:15 PM

Postponed until Tuesday, July 24.

Jerry Spencer 7/21/18 4:08 PM

4 o'clock and it is really pouring now. I would say good call by everyone involved.

The track and U.S.A.C. saved a lot of people time and money in my opinion

Jerry #66j

TQ97 7/21/18 4:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jerry Spencer:
4 o'clock and it is really pouring now. I would say good call by everyone involved.

The track and U.S.A.C. saved a lot of people time and money in my opinion

Jerry #66j

Agreed, kudos to them for making the call before most were heading there.

Nate 7/21/18 5:29 PM

Judging by the forecast it’s going to be more of the same tomorrow at Lawrenceburg. They’ve already been getting plenty today. Hell of a storm rolled through Louisville last night so I’m sure they got some of that as well.