IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Double D"s ride in USAC? (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=108790)

jim goerge 4/17/19 10:08 AM

Double D"s ride in USAC?

Anbody know what happened to Dave"s ride in USAC with Chases team? I was really looking foreward to him wheeling that ride this year. IMHO Dave can still wheel with the best of them :8:

WinglessLovers 4/17/19 12:09 PM

Re: Double D"s ride in USAC?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim goerge (Post 511815)
Anbody know what happened to Dave"s ride in USAC with Chases team? I was really looking foreward to him wheeling that ride this year. IMHO Dave can still wheel with the best of them :8:

Jim,

I heard that the sponsorship deal fell through and they are not able to run the full USAC National Sprint Car deal.

Bruce Eckel :(

7horse 4/17/19 1:26 PM

Why doesn't he run his #5 car with USAC

racegal 4/18/19 8:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7horse (Post 511827)
Why doesn't he run his #5 car with USAC

Put your thinking cap on.

Chief Wahoo 4/18/19 9:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim goerge (Post 511815)

Same here Jim, the guy can still wheel with the best of them. Proved that at Bloomington and TSS last year. Just sucks nobody will give him a good ride:15:

Charles Nungester 4/18/19 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo (Post 511844)
Same here Jim, the guy can still wheel with the best of them. Proved that at Bloomington and TSS last year. Just sucks nobody will give him a good ride:15:

So the Epperson #2 isn't a good ride?
Coulda fooled me.

Speedmax3 4/18/19 11:37 AM

I think there are less non-driving car owners as the years go by as the cost continues to escalate. It takes a large financial commitment to run a full season traveling across the country with USAC. It seems I am seeing more and more talented drivers having to field their own equipment or partner with someone. It's not that Dave isn't competitive because we know he is and a class act, it's fewer opportunities. In my opinion the car owners now are looking for that young up and coming talent or someone who is going to bring sponsorship or pay for their ride and Dave is caught in the middle of that.

nodramazone20 4/18/19 11:37 AM

My sources say he may be back in the 17GP ....at least for a few races

7horse 4/18/19 3:34 PM

Just don't understand how the winningest driver in USAC history doesn't have his own equipment, how much money did those 60+ wins pay?

streetglider 4/18/19 3:55 PM

7Horse you are either delusional or very ignorant to the sport of sprint car racing. The 60 + wins were accumulated over a 30 year period, and more often than not DD was driving for only a percentage of his winnings. Dave isn't loaded with money... just talent(and balls)!!