IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Indianapolis 500 (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=104065)

DirtIs4Racing 5/6/18 8:37 PM

Indianapolis 500

35 entries and only 14 Americans and you can't even tell if some of them are American with the way they spell their names and prance around on the camera like a bunch of San Francisco fruit loops. None of them nancies have any dirt experience because they are skeered to saddle up the beast.

Tony George should have buried CART and Chump Car, Chimp Car, whatever it was at the end of it's death bed stay and kicked old I Get My Way Roger Pimpske to the curb. The next thing he should have done was taken the wings off, put the engine back in the front where it rightfully resides, taken all those tuity fruity limp wrist twisties off the schedule and added those dirt bullrings back to the schedule.

It's a crying shame that we can't see our heroes run the hallowed grounds no more. Penske, Cheap Ganassi, and some of those other so called owner want nothing but to go after those Frenchies, South Americans, and Australians with their funny walk and talk and their tendency to be skeered of anything resembling an oval.

Give them a field and season full of real hardcore American drivers like Swanson, Grant, Windom, T-Mez, The People's Champ, Ballou, etc and they'll have those stands packed like never before and the TV ratings will be through the roof.

Tony74 5/6/18 8:51 PM

One of those guys has driven at Winchester, Salem, Indy Mile, Duquion, Springfield... and sat on the pole twice at Indy...

GYATK94 5/6/18 8:55 PM

Is this a serious post? I can't tell because I would struggle to define anyone willing to drive a car at 240 mph into a turn with 9 degrees of banking a "nancy."

I get it if you want to cheer for the Americans and dirt racers, but I for one enjoy the fact that the greatest spectacle in racing gathers many drivers and fans from around the globe. The racing has been fantastic over the past few years at the 500, and I don't find myself worrying about the driver's home country (that they don't choose when born, by the way) when they're slicing it up at 240 for the Borg Worner trophy.

Hoping for another great 500 this year!

Now, I guess I'm going to prance away from my keyboard and change my name to Nancy.

Vookie 5/6/18 8:56 PM

It must be May! The annual bashing of the 500 begins.

Jerry Shaw 5/6/18 9:02 PM

Re: Indianapolis 500

I'm guessing Ernest T here has a secret crush on Helio Castroneves.:5::5::5:

Jerry

ISF 5/6/18 9:42 PM

Can hardly wait for ol' Brickyard to trot out those White Papers again and set the OP straight once and for all. :5::8:

flagboy55 5/7/18 12:36 AM

Obviously 94, I think someone is trying make fun of those of us who would like to see more opportunities for the guy's we watch race every weekend. It was a fairly entertaining read however.

treecitytornado 5/7/18 1:11 AM

Only 34 drivers after Fittipaldi broke both his legs. Maybe someone else will come in.

GYATK94 5/7/18 2:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flagboy55 (Post 493410)
Obviously 94, I think someone is trying make fun of those of us who would like to see more opportunities for the guy's we watch race every weekend. It was a fairly entertaining read however.

Yeah you're right. I believe I just let my irrational annoyance get in the way when I began reading and missed the sarcasm. I just always get bummed out reading the same material he's mocking around this time of year. I get rooting for our dirt drivers when they're entered. Each year BC was in it I was wearing his shirt for that year on race day. I just don't understand letting the lack of those drivers interfere with one's enjoyment of such a great event. The racing has been so competitive and entertaining over the past few years.

I, too, would like to see more dirt drivers get opportunities at Indy. However, i won't let their absence take from my enjoyment of watching my favorite event of the year. Nothing compares to the goosebumps of them screaming by on lap 1 for me.

BrentTFunk 5/7/18 6:03 AM

I went to 3 sprint car races this weekend and the stands were far from full. In fact 2 of the shows the crowds were weak, and these guys are going to fill IMS? I saw Jack Hewitt and Steve Kinser run the 500. I bought a ticket for $20 and sat anywhere I wanted. I will be rooting for Chris Windom on Carb Day.