IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's have some fun - Indianapolis Motor Speedway trivia. (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=110055)

nathans1012 7/10/19 6:16 PM

Let's have some fun - Indianapolis Motor Speedway trivia.

Let's have some fun - Indianapolis Motor Speedway trivia.

Who are the only 2 drivers to have competed at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in the Indianapolis 500, Brickyard 400, & Formula 1 USGP during their careers?

You get one guess who the two drivers are and you can not look up the answers.

If you have the right answer I will let you know.

One answer may be obvious and the other not so obvious.

chrismattlin 7/10/19 7:44 PM

Montoya and Villeneuve?
Educated guess, promise I didn't look it up.

nathans1012 7/10/19 7:54 PM

Re: Let's have some fun - Indianapolis Motor Speedway trivia

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrismattlin (Post 516757)
Montoya and Villeneuve?
Educated guess, promise I didn't look it up.

You are correct. Villeneuve ran the Brickyard 400 in 2010 in the 32 car for Brawn Motorsports.

B99 7/10/19 8:18 PM

Your trivia is off son. You are missing one name. And if you want to get technical maybe a second.

B99 7/10/19 8:25 PM

Daniel John Sullivan rain all three. And technically Foyt ran in events that paid points toward the world driving championship as Indy during the 50’s awarded points to the world driving championship

hoosier race fan 7/10/19 8:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B99 (Post 516762)
Your trivia is off son. You are missing one name. And if you want to get technical maybe a second.

The Indianapolis Motor Speedway posted this exact same question on their Facebook page today. If they say there are 2, I’m inclined to think there are only 2. Foyt and Sullivan never raced in the USGP at Indy.

nathans1012 7/10/19 9:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoosier race fan (Post 516765)
The Indianapolis Motor Speedway posted this exact same question on their Facebook page today. If they say there are 2, I’m inclined to think there are only 2. Foyt and Sullivan never raced in the USGP at Indy.

NAILED IT. That why I posted here to see if anyone could guess the answer! I saw the trivia the speedway posted.

SteelCore 7/10/19 10:02 PM

My 2nd guess was Scott Speed. Which I guess could still somewhat count. He raced the Brickyard, USGP, but failed to qualify for the 500, but he still competed.

B99 7/10/19 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathans1012 (Post 516777)
NAILED IT. That why I posted here to see if anyone could guess the answer! I saw the trivia the speedway posted.

MY bad, the question related to the three events at the Speedway. Sorry.

chathamracefan 7/11/19 8:03 AM

Sullivan & Foyt's names being mentioned earlier got me to thinking about the 1st Brickyard 400 in 1994. Any of you younger types care to guess how many cars were entered/how many took time in either first or 2nd round qualifying?

If you don't know, the amount will blow you away.