IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Cameron Dodson Bad Crash (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=11318)

tq11 11/19/08 4:20 PM

Cameron Dodson Bad Crash

I just read in the paper that Cameron was involved in a very bad car wreck. Just think that the open wheel community should keep him in our prayers! Cameron just finished 2nd in the Copper World Classic two weekends ago. I have met Cameron a few times and he seems to be a good Kid. I wish him a speedy recovery!
Brandon Gray

Seadog 11/19/08 4:43 PM

Re: Cameron Dodson

Quote:

Originally Posted by tq11 (Post 74149)
I just read in the paper that Cameron was involved in a very bad car wreck. Just think that the open wheel community should keep him in our prayers! Cameron just finished 2nd in the Copper World Classic two weekends ago. I have met Cameron a few times and he seems to be a good Kid. I wish him a speedy recovery!
Brandon Gray

Prayers go out to him and his family. He seems like a fine young man and has a bright future in racing.

STP 11/19/08 7:29 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with him.

Redwood17257 11/19/08 7:39 PM

For those who might not have seen the article, I just pulled this off the AP wire.

Thoughts and prayers to the family and to Cameron.

GREENFIELD, Ind. (AP) — U.S. Auto Club driver Cameron Dodson has been critically injured in a crash along a rural Hancock County road.
The 20-year-old Dodson drives for NASCAR driver Carl Edwards’ team and was the USAC Silver Crown series rookie of the year in 2007. He won one race in four starts this year.
Methodist Hospital spokesman Gene Ford said Dodson was in critical condition Wednesday evening but did not disclose the nature of the injuries.
The Daily Reporter in Greenfield reported that authorities said Dodson was not wearing a seat belt and was thrown from his car when it went off a county road into a ditch about 20 miles east of Indianapolis early Wednesday.

illiNOISE 11/19/08 8:00 PM

Thoughts and prayers from all of us at Pittsfield (Pike County) Speedway. As some of you may already know, Cameron won our Pike County Nationals in '02 while racing micros.

Brandon Paul
Pittsfield Speedway scorer/announcer

D.O. 11/19/08 8:41 PM

OFFICIAL STATEMENT
Contact: Michelle Petroff, Rising Star Mgmt Group, mpetroff@risingstarmg.com or (618) 406-6842

November 19, 2008 - 4:30pm ET

With deep regret, we must confirm that 2007 USAC Silver Crown Rookie of the Year, Cameron Dodson, was seriously injured in motor vehicle accident early this morning. The accident, which occurred near Dodson's home in Greenfield, IN, left the 20 year-old Carl Edwards Racing/R.E. Technologies driver in need of advanced medical care and he was transported by air to Indianapolis for further treatment.

"On behalf of the Dodson family and everyone who has the pleasure of working with Cameron, we would like to thank the local and motorsports communities for their immediate care & concern," stated Michelle Petroff from Rising Star Management Group - Dodson's representing agency. "We would ask everyone to continue keeping Cameron and his family in their prayers but respect their privacy during this difficult time. We will continue to provide updates as they become available."

Updates will be available online at http://www.camerondodson.com. For those wishing to send cards, please address them to: Cameron Dodson, C/O Rising Star Management Group, 6199 SW Leland Ave., Des Moines, IA, 50321. Thank you again for the outpouring of support!

tq11 11/19/08 8:46 PM

I have since heard Camerons injuries are alot more serious then I first thought. I guess he is in very bad condition. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family! Im shure Camerons will put up one hell of a fight!!
Brandon Gray

IndyBound 11/19/08 11:48 PM

What sad news! My thoughts and prayers are with Cameron and his family. I had the pleasure of meeting Cameron and his Dad the day before the 2008 ORP Race and his Mom the day of that race, they are great people. Through that chance meeting we found out what a small world it is, although we did not know each other when we all lived in central N. Y., my god-daughter's father replaced Mr. Dodson at UPS when he left N. Y..

Having just spent time visiting with Cameron and Mr. Dodson at PIR, my heart aches for the Dodson family. As someone else said on here Cameron has a bright future in auto racing, I pray that God gives him the strength to fight this battle head on and a speedy full recovery is in his future.

God Bless!

Patti

cabjr111 11/20/08 12:02 AM

Sorry TQ11 didn't see your thread.

Midget82 11/20/08 1:17 AM

Not bashing Cameron by posting this by any means... but...

I don't see why people (in general) don't wear seatbelts. Especially someone that drives a race car... So many tragedies occur from the lack of seatbelt use and I especially don't like hearing about people my age (19-20) getting seriously hurt or even killed due to accidents like this one.

Anyway, off the soapbox...

Best wishes and here's to a speedy recovery, Cameron...