IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bacon (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=123541)

mc/rider 6/24/23 10:33 PM

Bacon

The Beast went macho mode tonight :22:

EldoraMark 6/24/23 11:39 PM

Congrats to Brady but It's a shame that Brady does not have a major sponsor on the side of his car. He is by far the best ambassador for USAC. Hopefully some company will see a chance to sponsor a champion team.

Charles Nungester 6/25/23 7:22 AM

Re: Bacon

Quote:

Originally Posted by EldoraMark (Post 566067)
Congrats to Brady but It's a shame that Brady does not have a major sponsor on the side of his car. He is by far the best ambassador for USAC. Hopefully some company will see a chance to sponsor a champion team.

Well it ought to say HOOSIER in big letters and with big $$$ behind it since they've possibly screwed him out of a championship. But that's just me.

Daisy's dad 6/26/23 1:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Nungester (Post 566076)
Well it ought to say HOOSIER in big letters and with big $$$ behind it since they've possibly screwed him out of a championship. But that's just me.

I don't get the connection, but I'm pretty much out of the loop here in AZ. Can you expand on that a little bit, Charles? On a related subject, what happened to his Fatheadz sponsorship? I noticed that missing from his car at Eastern Storm.

Gene Franckowiak 6/26/23 2:52 PM

Fatheadz is still on the car and the relationship continues. Rico Elmore is a huge supporter of auto racing on many levels. I feel privileged to call him a friend.

Charles Nungester 6/26/23 3:33 PM

Thanks Gene, Because I honestly don't know. I did know Fatheadz still helps.

mc/rider 6/26/23 9:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daisy's dad (Post 566099)
I don't get the connection, but I'm pretty much out of the loop here in AZ. Can you expand on that a little bit, Charles? On a related subject, what happened to his Fatheadz sponsorship? I noticed that missing from his car at Eastern Storm.

Hoosier has had issues with tires delaminating at a few races this year. Id say Knoxville was most notable

Charles Nungester 6/26/23 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mc/rider (Post 566112)
Hoosier has had issues with tires delaminating at a few races this year. Id say Knoxville was most notable

Grandview about ten laps in
Williams Grove. Also about ten laps in.

What's the point in a reversible tire if it won't last one race. Yeah, some may be the tracks, But grandview sure wasn't.

Daisy's dad 6/26/23 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mc/rider (Post 566112)

Thanks, Mc/rider. I thought that might be what Charles was hinting at, but I wonder why the rest of the teams aren't having the same problems with those tires, at least as consistently. With 25 races still to go on the schedule, we're a long way from crowning a champion.

BrentTFunk 6/27/23 2:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Nungester (Post 566076)

How did they screw him? Aren't all of the teams running the same tire. How did they do something to just him? You seem a little obsessed with your hatred of Hoosier. Did someone beat you with a Hoosier tire when you were a kid?
If Brady would have blown an engine would you be saying that whoever manufactured the failed part screwed him? Brady is going to be just fine. He is a good racer, and as consistent as anyone.