IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   2018 BOSS Finale Saturday at Montpelier (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=106625)

sprinter14 10/11/18 11:28 AM

2018 BOSS Finale Saturday at Montpelier

2018 BOSS Finale Saturday at Montpelier

​Like most race tracks and sanctioning bodies in the midwest, the 2018 season has been trying at times. Mother nature wreaked havoc like never before on the Buckeye Outlaw Sprint Series. Nearly half of the scheduled events fell victim to mother nature, including the final 2 initially scheduled races.

This Saturday, Montpelier Motor Speedway in Montpelier, Indiana will play host to the rescheduled championship event. This fall spectacular has always seen a very nice field of cars. The previous four events have seen car counts of 40, 41 and 46 entries. Previous winners include Robert Ballou (2014), Shane Cottle (2015), a rain out in 2016, and Thomas Meseraull (2017).

When he pushes off for hot laps on Saturday, Plainfield, Indiana veteran Bill Rose will clinch the season championship. Behind him, there are battles all throughout the top 10. Lima, Ohio's Ty Tilton holds a solid advantage over Cody Gardner of Milford, Ohio for the runner-up spot. Tilton only needs to put his car into the A-Main to secure the spot. Minster, Ohio's Paul Dues sits 4th and has a mathematical shot at 3rd, but is more concerned with holding off the three drivers close behind him. The fourth through 7th spots are only separated by a mere 7 points. Mike Miller, Joe Liguori and Matt Cooley currently sit 5th through 7th and a heat race win alone could vault them to 4th!

Rounding out the rest of the top 12 are Chad Wilson, Kory Crabtree, Steve Little, Bob McMillin and Buddy Lowther. With a good feature run, any of these drivers could advance one or 2 positions in the final standings.

With fall weather finally upon us, Saturday's event will see earlier than usual start times. Gates will officially open at 1 pm with drivers meeting at 3:45. Hot laps will begin at 4 pm with racing action underway at 5. General admission is $20 for adults and children 12 and under are free with a paid adult. Pit passes are $30 and includes transponder rental through the track. Fuel WILL be available at the track. No mufflers are required for this event. This race is the standard $1,500 to win / $250 to start purse.

Making this a true October "Outlaw" night, joining BOSS will be the Topless UMP modifieds, Outlaw Super Streets, Outlaw Thunder Cars and Front Wheel Drive Compacts. We hope you will make plans to join us for one final big show of 2018. With the trend of race tracks closing earlier each year, please get out and support Montpelier Motor Speedway to prove race fans WILL support big fall events!

For more information please go to the track's website at www.montpeliermotorspeedway.com

BOSS Thanks Our 2018 Tour Marketing Partners:

Heat Race Sponsors:
TCB Speed ; Noblesville, IN
Hoosier Race Tire ; Lakeville, IN
Lias Tire ; Indiana, PA
All Pro Cylinder Heads ; Johnstown, OH
Hawkins Speed Shop ; Richmond, IN

Bonus Award Sponsors:
All Star Performance Products ; Watervliet, MI
Cowen Truck Line ; Perrysville, OH
The Bridge Restaurant ; Sidney, OH
J & F Construction ; Bucyrus, OH
Apple Metal Polishing ; Eldorodo, OH
Horne Performance Motorsports ; Springfield, OH
American Racer Tires ; Indiana, PA
Hoosier Racing Tires ; Lakeville, IN

Also:
Superior Bearing & Supply Inc ; Bradenton, FL
Cooley Cabinets ; Greenville, OH
E A Home Supply ; Chillicothe, OH
Superior Tank & Trailer ; Beach City, OH

duel 10/12/18 4:02 PM

Re: 2018 BOSS Finale Saturday at Montpelier

Plan on going. I like the early start time.

Will Shunk 10/12/18 6:31 PM

Can't wait for this race! Friday's rain will enhance the speed on the racing surface. Race starved fans, crews, and drivers will pack the place with sunny skies and the early start time. One of my last outdoor opportunities of 2018. Thanks Harold @ Montpelier and Aaron @ BOSS for making the effort!

Charles Nungester 10/12/18 9:33 PM

Hope they can run this race and let us know before noon that they will.

If the run it, i will come :)

hairracer44 10/12/18 9:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Nungester (Post 503796)
Hope they can run this race and let us know before noon that they will.

If the run it, i will come :)

Hope they make the call early if they decide to pull the plug since they are starting early. I'm loaded and ready to head out but don't want to make an almost 2 hour drive for nothing. Hoping they can run I love the track and it's a good show for the fans.

MIracing 10/12/18 10:24 PM

Weather looks great for Montpelier other than a little cold. It all depends how much rain they got today. I hope they get it in.

I see Brownstown got postponed until tomorrow. TSS is also running. Hard to imagine 3 sprint races in Indiana middle October on the same day. I think all 3 will do fine though.

treecitytornado 10/12/18 10:27 PM

That makes 4 Sprint Car races total in 1 Day, Tomorrow! WoO at Terre Haute, should be a stellar show too!

Rpracing1 10/12/18 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treecitytornado (Post 503800)
That makes 4 Sprint Car races total in 1 Day, Tomorrow! WoO at Terre Haute, should be a stellar show too!

A few gonna try the Brownstown/Haubstadt double!

MIracing 10/13/18 6:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rpracing1 (Post 503801)
A few gonna try the Brownstown/Haubstadt double!

When asked about the double on twitter Tmez said Brownstown and Boss. Either double seems tough with a 2+ hour drive between Brownstown and Montpelier and Haubstadt.

No slight to WoO I kind of forgot about that race. How is he weather looking for all 4 races today?

Stevensville Mike 10/13/18 6:31 AM

Doubleheader? With the World 100 Friday Night show getting washed out last night, it is now scheduled for today, along with the World 100. Hot laps for the Friday Night show start at 10:30 a.m. today. After that they intend to start the Friday Night show. Then, the World 100 itself kicks off at 7:00 p.m.

Surely an Eldora-Montpelier or Montpelier-Eldora double should be looked at. One could probably make the World 100 A-Main at a minimum in the latter. Especially if BOSS runs their feature first at Montpelier tonight.

Or better yet.... anyone care to try an Eldora-Montpelier-Eldora tripleheader? :)