IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sterling Cling? (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=111713)

Hubie 11/8/19 5:44 AM

Sterling Cling?

What in the World?

One of the dumbest things I have ever seen. Hope JMac is OK, because it did not look like he was OK. I think he slammed his gourd into the front of the cage.

chathamracefan 11/8/19 8:18 AM

That one makes the case for needing some good ole pit justice. Put a knot on his head maybe he won’t drive like that again. Glad J Mac got out under his own power

Tom23 11/8/19 9:18 AM

Went to a Sprint car race and a Midget race broke out.

Charles Nungester 11/8/19 10:09 AM

Re: Sterling Cling?

Id say he ran out of talent, no way he was going to make that run and still hold the line.

That's not what Im upset about. I really couldn't tell what was going on at the accident site with JMAC. But replay and I even seen it in the live feed his whole upper body flailed around and his head hit either the cage or the wheel. He was slumped over. And two or three guys casually got to the car. THEN HAD HIM GET OUT ON HIS OWN. No backboard etc.

I could be totally wrong and jason mght have said, I got it. IDK but good safety teams would have asked or demanded he take precautions like a backboard removal. As it was Jason could barely stand on his own and sat on the track for a bit. then went to the hospital.

Hope Im wrong, Hope Jmac is ok, he sat out Burg due to concussion.
Hope Im also wrong that the crew wasn't taking every precaution necessary. Like I said. I don't know and you can't make a driver stay put.

jdeuel87 11/8/19 1:19 PM

Same kid that put one of Arizona's best into retirement with injuries after plowing into disabled car at full throttle when the YELLOW was out

badcoupe 11/8/19 1:22 PM

Yea not fond of him, he tore a lot of stuff at cb last year. What I’ve seen of him in a sprint this year wasn’t the best either

Eric Smith 11/8/19 1:32 PM

Today's protocol is to allow people to "self extricate" from traumatic incidents if they are able. Put a cervical collar on them and let them get out on their own if they can. Backboards are only for carrying. If you have to use a backboard to carry someone, take them off the backboard when you get to where you had to carry them to. I'm not saying anything about the situation or the skill and knowledge of the safety crew, just saying what medicine says today.

badcoupe 11/8/19 1:49 PM

Any video of this crash?

erich45 11/8/19 2:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdeuel87 (Post 522487)
Same kid that put one of Arizona's best into retirement with injuries after plowing into disabled car at full throttle when the YELLOW was out

Missed that story. Can you provide details?

jonboat15 11/8/19 2:10 PM

It was a really bad mistake by Cling, might be better for everyone if he sat out the rest of the weekend. Glad to see J Mac get out after watching him getting bounced around in the cockpit. I know belts stretch upon impact but that was pretty scary.