IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Paragon Speedway closed Aug 6 (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=51320)

Keith Ford 8/2/11 10:51 PM

Paragon Speedway closed Aug 6

Paragon Speedway will be closed sat Aug 6 HOTTT, the next racing event will be sat Aug 13

VSneader2 8/2/11 11:08 PM

Re: Paragon Speedway closed Aug 6

Are you saying that you cancelled the races due to high temps? The forecast is calling for a high of 87. wow thats a cool down from what it has been. What a fantastic call. :15:

Wallsracing 8/3/11 12:58 AM

Low car counts must be hurting,i agree sat is gonna be cooler,,,
Posted via Mobile Device

Dannypollock24 8/3/11 1:34 AM

I was told he wasn't racing because he didn't sell but 72 Hamburgers last weekend so he can't afford to have a race! Sounds made up but that's what I was told by someone that called him! Pretty lame excuse no I did not make this up just passing the word and i'm sure some will be mad Including Ford!

Danny 24

hoosiers47404 8/3/11 5:45 AM

Wow Keith, I am a little surprised you would cancel considering we missed about a month of racing in May due to rain. It was a lot hotter last Saturday than what is predicted for this Saturday. Not trying to complain Keith, I just want to race there Saturday.
Posted using Mobile Device

butlergrafix 8/3/11 6:49 AM

I heard the fair was this weekend at Martinsville... so that might have a little to do with it. Im sure the fair would take away from some of the grandstand admissions and maybe a few from the pits. People can be mad for the decision but you cant blame him, i think bloomington takes fair week off also. Im sure it has been a rough year with all the rainouts at the beginning of the season... then only got a few shows in before it turned off 100.

on a side note, i was looking for a place to race this weekend and noticed brownstown also canceled this weekends racing...(maybe b/c of heat?)

throb 8/3/11 7:42 AM

youre kidding right????

wolfracer69 8/3/11 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by butlergrafix (Post 245764)
I heard the fair was this weekend at Martinsville... so that might have a little to do with it. Im sure the fair would take away from some of the grandstand admissions and maybe a few from the pits. People can be mad for the decision but you cant blame him, i think bloomington takes fair week off also. Im sure it has been a rough year with all the rainouts at the beginning of the season... then only got a few shows in before it turned off 100.

on a side note, i was looking for a place to race this weekend and noticed brownstown also canceled this weekends racing...(maybe b/c of heat?)

come on over to put glad to have you

Bradleyracing86 8/3/11 11:36 AM

Everyone can speculate why Brownstown, and Paragon are closed this weekend... High temps, Fair weeks...what ever people think..... We all know the real reason is shark week. Lol

axsom#11 8/3/11 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradleyracing86 (Post 245791)
Everyone can speculate why Brownstown, and Paragon are closed this weekend... High temps, Fair weeks...what ever people think..... We all know the real reason is shark week. Lol

HA HA good one bradley. So sick of tracks closing for fairs and temp . bloomington closed for Fair , Hum right after there biggest week of the year Indiana Sprint Week , they could close for a month and be ahead . Oh and the World of Outlaws are bloomington's next race , going for the home run there 2 shows in one month and there biggest shows.
Paragon , feel bad for Keith they didn't have 50 people in the stands , hard to keep open like that . The near fighting in the pits was good , The heat was getting to people sat nite. I saw 3 near fights before security stepped in . Heat was really bad . People getting out of sprint cars and wanting to beat the snott out of one another. Ha ya racing in the midwest , got a love it. :5::8::10: