IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Mother Nature claims the Kokomo Grand Prix (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=67813)

rg1 4/12/13 11:44 AM

Mother Nature claims the Kokomo Grand Prix

Mother Nature claims the Kokomo Grand Prix

Regrettably, the Kokomo Speedway has cancelled the Kokomo Grand Prix scheduled for this weekend due to the flooded grounds on speedway property from heavy rains this week. The track is working with USAC & POWRi officials to try to find a possible make up date in the fall.

Sprintfan1985 4/12/13 11:47 AM

Re: Mother Nature claims the Kokomo Grand Prix

This sucks, i was pumped for this event. Lets hope they can reschedule and get everyone back out here

Ty 4/12/13 11:54 AM

Man this really sucks. Was looking forward to making my first trip to Kokomo. Atleast they made the decision before I left and saved me the 10 hour-one way drive

openwheelKT 4/12/13 11:57 AM

Obviously based on pictures, there wasn't much that could be done. They gave it a good try it sounds like by pumping water....

Guess that now means LPS/Lawrenceburg and Anderson make up the double this weekend. Glad to have choices. :23:

dirtnonwingfan 4/12/13 11:57 AM

I am so glad that they did this early. I checked IOW one last time before I walked out the door and headed to Kokomo. This announcement literally came two minutes before I would have started the 240 mile drive. I really appreciate it and look forward to the rescheduled date.

What would we do without Bill Gardner and IOW?

BrandonT30 4/12/13 12:00 PM

I want to thank the entire O'Conner family and crew for all your efforts you can't win against mother nature Thanks guys

duel 4/12/13 12:06 PM

LPS a go saturday?

Charles Nungester 4/12/13 12:16 PM

Burgs a go but I don't know about next week when the river starts going down (They say it can handle it but it did flood once a couple years ago in the parking lot once)

Come on down for a rematch :)

Flatrightrear 4/12/13 1:34 PM

The show at Kokomo will not be re-scheduled according to their website.

Charles Nungester 4/12/13 1:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flatrightrear (Post 325936)
The show at Kokomo will not be re-scheduled according to their website.

Kinda hard to do with both series schedules set. Unless they would try it in Oct or Nov and the risk there is just as bad.