Indiana Open Wheel
Page 1 of 2

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Kyle Cummins (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=111494)

IndianaSprintFan 10/19/19 9:59 PM

Kyle Cummins

He sweeps the season at tri state. Congrats young man. You will go down in history

LUCKYONE 10/19/19 10:11 PM

Does anybody have a run down and car count Thanks

KingRandomUser 10/19/19 11:26 PM

32 Sprints, 28 Midgets, 22 Mini Sprints

Kyle Cummins dominated all night, wins and sweeps the season over Schnapf, Cottle, Leary

Brad Strunk and Rod Henning chased each other through heavy traffic in a green-to-checkard feature with Strunk winning again.

McDougal and KTJ put on an epic slider battle for a good bit of the midget feature. T-Mez also traded the lead a bit with McDougal until he hit the cushion and spun about 2/3rds through. By then KTJ was fading a little and McDougal went unchallenged the rest of the way to win over KTJ and Cummins.

3Cfan 10/20/19 3:33 AM

Re: Kyle Cummins

Originally Posted by IndianaSprintFan:
He sweeps the season at tri state. Congrats young man. You will go down in history

And he was 4 for 4 at Brownstown including the No Way Out as well. :22:

jonboat15 10/20/19 9:59 AM

Impressive year!! How many other non wing teams use a Mach 1 chassis, I think Kyle has been running one for a few years?

i love dirt track racing 10/20/19 11:16 AM

What a great year for kyle and the 3r racing team. Thanks for all the great things that you guys have done for us racing fans. See you guys down in Florida in February. Thanks.

Chief Wahoo 10/20/19 1:53 PM

Originally Posted by KingRandomUser:
32 Sprints, 28 Midgets, 22 Mini Sprints

McDougal and KTJ put on an epic slider battle for a good bit of the midget feature. T-Mez also traded the lead a bit with McDougal until he hit the cushion and spun about 2/3rds through. By then KTJ was fading a little and McDougal went unchallenged the rest of the way to win over KTJ and Cummins.

Actually T-Mez was under J-Mac in turn 4 and washed up making wheel to wheel contact with McDougal causing him to spin out. This was hell of a race and I’m still excited about what I saw last night. Please don’t make us wait another 7 years for midgets at TSS!

flagboy55 10/23/19 2:41 AM

As a friend of mine on IOW said, has to be the front runner for the HARF Driver of the Year

ossuks 10/23/19 7:01 AM

The track was perfect...hopefully not reworking the track before the feature will become the norm!

openwheelfan1 10/23/19 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by ossuks:
The track was perfect...hopefully not reworking the track before the feature will become the norm!

Actually, they did do a quick rework before the sprint feature. But yes, the track was perfect.

flagboy55 10/24/19 2:46 AM

Isn’t it almost always perfect?

Rpracing1 10/24/19 8:57 AM

Originally Posted by flagboy55:
Isn’t it almost always perfect?

Yes, you are correct. I remember once in 82, they had an issue one night with track. :11;

BillV99 10/24/19 10:40 AM

List of races, and Kyle Cummins wins at Tri-State...
http://www.sprintcarratings.com/Trac...k=Tri-State,IN

brsteg 10/24/19 10:48 AM

So what will it take to get Kyle on tour with USAC for the full deal? Just a bucket of cash?

ossuks 10/24/19 11:19 AM

Why would he want to travel...he has made more money picking and choosing than the 5-6 full time USAC guys! And the car owner has accomplished the same !

Chief Wahoo 10/24/19 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Rpracing1:
Yes, you are correct. I remember once in 82, they had an issue one night with track. :11;

Was that the night you streaked across TSS? Nothing but tube socks and Pony tennis shoes:5:

Dirtfan 10/24/19 4:23 PM

Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo:
Was that the night you streaked across TSS? Nothing but tube socks and Pony tennis shoes:5:

Wearing a diaper too?LoL🤭

MIKE HEIMEL 10/24/19 5:13 PM

His name will be brought up at the officers meeting prior to the banquet !! Thanks for your suggestion !

jim goerge 10/25/19 2:54 PM

Originally Posted by brsteg:
So what will it take to get Kyle on tour with USAC for the full deal? Just a bucket of cash?

Kyle has a business he owns and he told me a couple years ago that he can"t race forever and with his business he has something to fall back on. He also told me that's why he don"t run the Eastern Storm, two years ago at that time he was making some kind of braces for the Dallas Cowboys foorball team. Kyle is not only a very good driver, but a very smart young man. I am very proud to call him my friend . :D

jim goerge 10/25/19 2:56 PM

Originally Posted by MIKE HEIMEL:
His name will be brought up at the officers meeting prior to the banquet !! Thanks for your suggestion !

I would think his name would already be at the top of the list for Driver of the Year :6:

i love dirt track racing 10/25/19 3:28 PM

Originally Posted by jim goerge:
I would think his name would already be at the top of the list for Driver of the Year :6:

Hell i am ready to put the sticker on my racing cooler. Lol.

Hammer 10/26/19 6:04 PM

Met Kyle Cummins this year at Kokomo Smackdown, talked to him for awhile, he's a super nice young man. Kyle has a great attitude and is very humble. he has shown his talent as a driver and given the right opportunities I think he'll accomplish many things in this sport. I've become a fan and definitely looking forward to next season.

treecitytornado 10/27/19 3:07 AM

Kyle Cummins,for H.A.R.F., Driver of the Year!!

Chief Wahoo 10/27/19 5:34 PM

Originally Posted by treecitytornado:
Kyle Cummins,for H.A.R.F., Driver of the Year!!

I agree 100%. Who does everyone think his competition would be?

Rpracing1 10/27/19 7:02 PM

T Mez had 18 wins this year, GC champ and from Indy area which has benefits.

65 Push Truck 10/30/19 6:21 PM

Originally Posted by Rpracing1:
T Mez had 18 wins this year, GC champ and from Indy area which has benefits.

T Mez had 12 non wing wins and 3 midget wins and a GC track championship.
Kyle had 16 wins, an MSCS championship, and swept TSS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rpracing1 10/30/19 8:33 PM

Originally Posted by 65 Push Truck:
T Mez had 12 non wing wins and 3 midget wins and a GC track championship.
Kyle had 16 wins, an MSCS championship, and swept TSS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From T-Mez himself......

The season in the Midwest has come to an end for 2019. My best year yet! 18 wins in total and the @gascityspeedway track Champion. Picked up my first career wing sprint car win.

Maybe you know more than he does?????

Fred Zirzow 10/31/19 1:32 AM

http://www.sprintcarratings.com/Rati...pe=2&Year=2019

This pretty much sums it up.

Harleyburns16 10/31/19 8:38 AM

305 wing win at the klash for tmez

Speedmax3 10/31/19 11:37 AM

I'm not taking anything away from Kyle and the great year he had but I do think T Mez has to be in the conversation for driver of the year. His wins came in non-wing sprint, wing sprint and midget. He won the Gas City Championship and tied the record held by Jon Stanbrough for the most feature wins at that track. He won the first night of the Smackdown in a good but underfunded 47 car and a few weeks later at the Klash in a 305 winged sprint.

mc/rider 10/31/19 11:58 AM

Tough decision,wouldnt be disappointed if the award was shared

i love dirt track racing 10/31/19 1:46 PM

Originally Posted by mc/rider:
Tough decision,wouldnt be disappointed if the award was shared

I would still put that sticker on my racing cooler. Lol.

oppweld 10/31/19 2:02 PM

I love watching them both. That said I dont know if there is any criteria on the process. I believe all of Kyle's win were in the Hoosier state, Three during ISW and he completed the first ever season sweep at Haubstadt this year.

SoIllSprinter 10/31/19 2:18 PM

Originally Posted by Fred Zirzow:
http://www.sprintcarratings.com/Rati...pe=2&Year=2019

This pretty much sums it up.

Notable in that Cummins, racing MSCS and other select events, including many USAC shows, makes nearly as much money this year as the USAC top guys.

Chief Wahoo 10/31/19 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by SoIllSprinter:
Notable in that Cummins, racing MSCS and other select events, including many USAC shows, makes nearly as much money this year as the USAC top guys.

No more deserving team after the tough year they had previously. Both Cummins and T-Mez deserve all the recognition possible and I hope they can both have equally impressive seasons in 2020.:9::8:

jonboat15 11/1/19 8:42 AM

Originally Posted by SoIllSprinter:

I really wish they could raise the purses for non wing racing, the teams deserve more for their investments.

Hammer 11/1/19 1:56 PM

Definitely both Kyle Cummins and Tmez deserve any awards coming to them, both had awesome years winning and both gave the fans super exciting performances. I would definitely have a hard time deciding who had a better season and both would be great choices for driver of the year. I'd vote co drivers of the year.

Slider20 11/1/19 9:29 PM

Not really as close as people are making it out to be. 13 less races attended for Cummins and he made $38,000 more.I also thought he did a real good job of taking care of his equipment while piling up the $.

trackprep 11/1/19 11:42 PM

Jonboat. Take your wallet out and add to the purse making it what you feel it should be. Not being an ass but the other way is increased front/back gate, no more coolers etc. Believe me when I say no track at the end of the day is wheelbarrowing cash to the bank. There are so many week to week expenses that go into just opening the gate. One home run gets knocked down by the sacrifice fly.

3Cfan 11/2/19 12:49 AM

I compared head to head competition between the two and Cummins dominated those races many more times than not. Two great seasons but Kyle gets the nod.