IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Paragon Speedway May 31 - Friday - MSCS Sprints (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=109343)

Paragon Speedway 5/26/19 1:30 PM

Paragon Speedway May 31 - Friday - MSCS Sprints

This Friday, May 31st, Paragon Speedway will host MSCS sprints for the first time in 2019. Sprint car drivers will choose at sign-in to register as MSCS or as a Paragon Sprint. Drivers will not be allowed to race in both divisions. Paragon Sprints will be $500.00 to win and $150.00 to start feature for May 31.
Also racing will be Modifieds and Bombers. Paragon Sprints, Modifieds, and Bombers will still have the every car runs a feature set-up.

Pit Gate will open at 4:30pm
Pit Admission
11 and up $30.00
10 and under $15.00
(Anyone under 18 will be required ro have insurance paperwork and birth certificate/guardinaship paperwork on file. And insurance paperwork must be filled out by parent or legal guardian.

Main Gate will open at 5:30pm
General Admission $20.00

Paragon Speedway 5/28/19 8:40 AM

Bump

JDK222 5/28/19 11:21 AM

If you choose MSCS will those points go toward Paragon Championship points?

Rpracing1 5/28/19 12:11 PM

Re: Paragon Speedway May 31 - Friday - MSCS Sprints

How many Modifieds, and Bombers they typically get?

Paragon Speedway 5/28/19 1:04 PM

If you chose:

MSCS - show-up points for the event

Paragon Sprints - normal points for event

JoshCunningham 5/29/19 12:43 PM

This does not make sense to me. I could see it maybe the other way around. But why penalize the points of a regular competitor that wants to run against the MSCS?

JDK222 5/29/19 3:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paragon Speedway (Post 514116)
If you chose:

MSCS - show-up points for the event

Paragon Sprints - normal points for event

I agree it would be nice to see what the Paragon regulars have for the MSCS guys!

Chief Wahoo 5/29/19 9:25 PM

So there’s going to be 2 sprint features?

wildman92 5/30/19 7:28 AM

Looking forward to making our first trip to Paragon this season!!

TQ97 5/30/19 7:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo (Post 514200)
So there’s going to be 2 sprint features?

There are 2 complete sprint shows.....

Chief Wahoo 5/30/19 9:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TQ97 (Post 514216)
There are 2 complete sprint shows.....

Thank you, looking forward to attending. Is this going to be another night long marathon? Don't understand the thinking in splitting the 2 shows up. Lincoln Park, Bloomington and other don't separate the 2 when MSCS comes to town. Haubstadt doesn't separate the USAC and MSCS shows. Logic please?

Charles Nungester 5/30/19 9:27 AM

Still makes no sense. Cunningham has beat them before, so why punish him by giving him no track points. Do it on finish position as you normally would.

TQ97 5/30/19 9:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo (Post 514219)
Thank you, looking forward to attending. Is this going to be another night long marathon? Don't understand the thinking in splitting the 2 shows up. Lincoln Park, Bloomington and other don't separate the 2 when MSCS comes to town. Haubstadt doesn't separate the USAC and MSCS shows. Logic please?

I’m a team owner not the promoter, you’d have to ask them. I assume it’s because teams like ours (our driver is a rookie to sprint cars) and some others who run Paragon do so due to the guaranteed seat time where everyone runs a feature. I don’t understand the points decision myself, but if it’s an MSCS race only, my guess is some teams who aren’t ready for that level of competition would not show up.

dsc1600 5/30/19 11:05 AM

Why not just do show up points for all?

jscott101 5/30/19 11:41 AM

Completely agree, doesn't make any sense. I guess we are going to run with MSCS and forget about the points :/

Chief Wahoo 5/30/19 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TQ97 (Post 514224)
I’m a team owner not the promoter, you’d have to ask them. I assume it’s because teams like ours (our driver is a rookie to sprint cars) and some others who run Paragon do so due to the guaranteed seat time where everyone runs a feature. I don’t understand the points decision myself, but if it’s an MSCS race only, my guess is some teams who aren’t ready for that level of competition would not show up.

Thanks, I kinda see what your saying. How many non MSCS sprints you think will show up?

Chief Wahoo 5/30/19 12:26 PM

How much rain fell up there yesterday and this morning? Just wondering how track conditions are?and if there’s a chance it will get called.

bobbyhill 5/30/19 12:32 PM

Paragon always runs two features so I don’t see night being any longer. Paragon sprints have open tire rule so can’t run all together The points deal is not right but it’s there track.

hsracer338 5/30/19 2:47 PM

My guess is about 20 cars for both mscs and paragon. It just depends on how many paragon cars want to run for points and how many run mscs. Our current plan is to be with mscs.

Rpracing1 5/30/19 5:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hsracer338 (Post 514241)
My guess is about 20 cars for both mscs and paragon. It just depends on how many paragon cars want to run for points and how many run mscs. Our current plan is to be with mscs.

Thought they used to get about 50 Paragon Sprints?

hairracer44 5/30/19 7:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo (Post 514219)

Tire rules and trying to be sure they get a good amount of cars in the pits. While yes a Jake, Josh and maybe a few others have a good chance of beating the big money guys that run MSCS. Some that would not would decide to just stay home feeling as thought they are wasting money and getting little in return. If your going to go home with $50 after runnning a B main(assuming that is what MSCS pays as show up money) and running your butt off it make since to stay home. So as a promoter he is trying to take care of his bread and butter regulars while also giving some that want to play with the big dogs the chance to get off the porch and play. JMO For me Fridays are hard and if it were just and MSCS show I would choice to stay home but will choose to run the Paragon portion of the show because it make since finacially. I may kick myself if the MSCS portion get a low car count but that is what makes this a little entertaining as well we have to choose before we really know the car counts. Much like Smackdown at Kokomo with USAC and BOSS. (See someone else does do this based on type of drivers/team budgets)

As far as points, while it would be cool to win a points championship but if it's not paying you extra money at the end of the year it really doesn't matter because it won't get you a cup of coffee at Denny's. Go race and race to win and screw points there is too big of a deal made about point. JMO

Andrew S. Quinn 5/30/19 7:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rpracing1 (Post 514249)

One night I went there probably 10 or so years ago and there were 73 sprints,and 3 features.

cmiracingvids 5/30/19 7:44 PM

After a quick search on MSCS website, I think it’s quite obvious what Spiker is doing. To run with MSCS you either have to buy a $25 one time license for the race or already have a license with them. ($100). That’s not a lot, but I don’t know when the last time MSCS ran at Paragon. The other thing, and this is a big one, you MUST run Hoosier tires on all 4 corners, AND there is a spec right rear. Paragon sprints do not have any such rule. So, he’s simply allowing everyone that wants to run Paragon “outlaw” rules to run, instead of basically saying, buy Hoosiers and a membership or stay home. As Hairracer mentioned, BOSS did this same thing at Smackdown last year. I believe, mostly because the tire rule situation. BOSS is open tire...USAC is not.

Sandy Lowe 5/30/19 9:00 PM

BOSS isn't an open tire rule anymore. Hoosier tires are mandatory on all four corners starting with their fifth race this season (I think their event Saturday is race number three).

Rpracing1 5/30/19 9:28 PM

Hmmmmm, So it Really does make sense then. Hmmmmm......

kcarm92 5/30/19 10:13 PM

When Keith was on sprint week guys that ran with usac, got feature, points,highest Paragon regular got 1st place points next got second place points ,etc Paragon regulars, that might have won Paragon feature ,got points after guys that ran usac ,could be 5 th place points or could be 10th place points for win just depends on regular cars that ran usac , instead of Paragon sprints,

Kendall2020 5/30/19 10:50 PM

no but the paragon feature is paying like a second feature. I don't get that.

Kendall2020 5/30/19 10:53 PM

so why are the paragon regulars"which we aren't" getting paid as a B feature? just curious

hsracer338 5/31/19 7:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rpracing1 (Post 514249)

We did have 53 earlier this season when nobody had raced for a month and gas city had rained out. But we only had 28 the next weekend.

i love dirt track racing 5/31/19 1:17 PM

Our racing family's our heading that way. Looking forward to seeing all the great racing fans and racing events. Have fun and enjoy all the great things that we all love. Thanks.

wildman92 5/31/19 1:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i love dirt track racing (Post 514285)
Our racing family's our heading that way. Looking forward to seeing all the great racing fans and racing events. Have fun and enjoy all the great things that we all love. Thanks.

See you there Richard 😱

Dirtfan 5/31/19 2:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildman92 (Post 514286)
See you there Richard 😱

Me too I hope,if I get my work done in time.😬

i love dirt track racing 5/31/19 2:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirtfan (Post 514289)
Me too I hope,if I get my work done in time.😬

Unbelievable. Can't we all get along. Get your butt to the racing events. Lmao . Thanks.

ronmil 5/31/19 8:40 PM

Anyone doing updates? I didn’t feel up to making the trip.

Rpracing1 5/31/19 9:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronmil (Post 514305)
Anyone doing updates? I didn’t feel up to making the trip.

Feature pushing off now Ron at 9:40 local

Pat O'Connor Fan 5/31/19 10:04 PM

Ron, I hope you are soon feeling up to attending races "in person" instead of hoping for updates.

Rpracing1 5/31/19 10:04 PM

Cummins Short Jackson top 3

Very good race!

cmiracingvids 5/31/19 10:08 PM

Aawww cmon! That was a great feature! Excellent racing.

My only complaint is I, as I’m sure many others, couldn’t hear the PA all night. They need to get that either fixed or updated, cause I literally didn’t hear anything once one car was on the track.

Rpracing1 5/31/19 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmiracingvids (Post 514311)
Aawww cmon! That was a great feature! Excellent racing.

Agree.....was hoping Dakota could hold on!

Nut'n but Dirt 5/31/19 10:38 PM

Any updates on the other sprint feature?