IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Gas City 2014 (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=75003)

Jerry Spencer 2/6/14 7:40 AM

Gas City 2014

Midgets every Friday night, trophy dash for top six and more, Good luck Mel we are behind you 100%

Spencer Racing #66j
stida.com / HalfMoon Resturant & Brewery
www.joshspencer.com

coondog 2/6/14 8:15 AM

Re: Gas City 2014

This is great to see. I had a conversation with another track owner a couple years ago at Chili Bowl and said that if a weekly track would pick up the midgets, even a couple races a month, that I felt midget racing would grow again in IN. First Montpilier and now Gas City. Any midget owners, I wouldn't mind doing some double duty when I'm there with the 10e! Also don't forget that I put together a contingency program for the dirt tracks in IN. The midgets at Gas City and Montpilier would fall under this. If you need info, e mail me at jcoons@impactraceproducts.com

interpreter66 2/6/14 8:47 AM

midget's and sprint's ?

PatrickMead#13 2/6/14 9:36 AM

Interesting... It's good to see even more midget racing coming back. It should help Montpelier on Saturdays and Gas City on Fridays. Good stuff!!!

jjones752 2/6/14 10:06 AM

I don't see anything yet on the Gas city website about Midgets, or the 2014 schedule at all for that matter; does anyone know if they will be using Montpelier rules (i.e., Mini Sprints welcome)? If so, I welcome the opportunity to run more often; if not, well, good luck in your new venture.

RayPro33 2/6/14 10:31 AM

Any contact info or official info on this would be great.

cjaxx1987 2/6/14 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjones752 (Post 364961)
I don't see anything yet on the Gas city website about Midgets, or the 2014 schedule at all for that matter; does anyone know if they will be using Montpelier rules (i.e., Mini Sprints welcome)? If so, I welcome the opportunity to run more often; if not, well, good luck in your new venture.

They posted an article in our local paper saying midgets were going to be in the weekly show.

Jerry Spencer 2/6/14 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coondog (Post 364946)
This is great to see. I had a conversation with another track owner a couple years ago at Chili Bowl and said that if a weekly track would pick up the midgets, even a couple races a month, that I felt midget racing would grow again in IN. First Montpilier and now Gas City. Any midget owners, I wouldn't mind doing some double duty when I'm there with the 10e! Also don't forget that I put together a contingency program for the dirt tracks in IN. The midgets at Gas City and Montpilier would fall under this. If you need info, e mail me at jcoons@impactraceproducts.com

Jerry We read about the news in the Kokomo Tribune on Wed. As far as the stands (another post) I am pretty sure the city of Gas City would not allow the upgrade. Had I not read this I would have never put it on the site.

Jerry #66j
stida.com / HalfMoon Resturant & Brewery
www.joshspencer.com

dirtnonwingfan 2/6/14 12:56 PM

That is great news. For years there have been conversations among fans about the desire for more midget racing in Indiana and the positive effects this would have. I am so happy to see that now there will be two nights a week. I hope that midget owners support these races. I look forward to attending them.

jjones752 2/6/14 5:53 PM

Just read the Kokomo Tribune article (http://www.kokomotribune.com/sports/...th-fresh-ideas), and it sounds like things are still in the planning stage, very much like over at the Speedrome; "Trophy Dashes, midgets on a weekly basis and a different plan of attack are just a few things that new promoter Mel Botkin has in mind for his first season at the Gas City I-69 Speedway". Hopefully a schedule/rules package will be out soon. Until then, I'm sure the IOW Rumor Mill will have plenty to say on the subject :44: