IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Best dirt track ? (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=35303)

dirt330 7/31/10 8:56 AM

Best dirt track ?

What is the best dirt track year in and year out. Fan friendly, seating, food,parking ,and camping?

racefan20 7/31/10 9:12 AM

Re: Best dirt track ?

Ummm since you only have 18 posts you probably dont realize that that is a major bone of contenton around here. Folks get territorial about that and this will likely end up being a :34: Especially on a day when there are SIX dirt tracks running sprints.

Gregg 7/31/10 9:29 AM

What is the best dirt track?

The best dirt track today in my opinion is a tie between Lawrenceburg, Lincoln Park, Waynesfield, Paragon Tri-State and maybe, maybe KC Speedway. Tomorrow I think it will be Kokomo. Six days from now it will be none of the above but I'm willing to bet my answer will be a tie between Gas City and Bloomington. There's a pattern here.;)

Rpracing1 7/31/10 9:54 AM

Hope that the powers of above can delete this post before WW3 breaks out..........:15:

:20:

:33:

:deadhorse:

wildman92 7/31/10 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirt330 (Post 186937)
What is the best dirt track year in and year out. Fan friendly, seating, food,parking ,and camping?

Each track has it's own "thing" I like. Haubstadt is second to none for track prep. Putnamville has the most comfortable seating arrangement. Bloomington has the best ice cream. We don't camp but Lawrenceburg is great for tailgating (lots of open space). Gas City has one of the best fan friendly "policies" of letting anyone into the pits for $1 before the driver's meeting. I've only been to Kokomo several times but both times the racing was excellent. Even Terre Haute, with all its issues, always provides an exciting finish to a usually long day, but I've rarely walked away disappointed. I also like that Paragon allows all sprint cars to run a feature...more cars, more racing, who can argue against that?

Surely focusing on the positives of each track won't set off WW3, but you never know! Let's go racing!:23:

berks co 7/31/10 11:11 AM

Grandview speedway Bechtelsville PA
Posted via Mobile Device

skids59 7/31/10 11:20 AM

Anywhere there are sprints or midgets and your able to attend. Doesn't really matter just attend a track of your choice and enjoy it while you can.:23:

Gasman fan 50 7/31/10 11:54 AM

Calistoga upper Napa Valley, the food money go to the High School, parking fee goes to the High School! 9 hole Golf Course , around the north end of the track. Mother Nature at it's best. Now it's the largest 1/2 west of the Big river!

They did kill off the racing by putting on those dam wings on the cars we love!

Come on out West on Labor Day weekend and test view it for yourself!

Second best is the Race of Gold Cups Winged Sprint Cars in Chico! Friday nights Chili Feed!:42:::32:

Four days of racing you never have to leave the track!:32:

Mud Packer 7/31/10 12:00 PM

The race track that I am at on that particular day of course. So many options here in the great Hoosier state and surrounding area. No time for negatives, only positive thinking involved.:6: Back away from the computer and go get your best racin clothes on and get out to a track and cheer on the racers.

If the track is dusty, don't worry, a little soap and water will wash it off. If the track is tacky, hang on and enjoy the action. If you don't like the person you are sitting next to, just move someplace else. If you find someone to talk to and you enjoy the conversation, make plans for meeting up again maybe even at a different track.

If the motorcycle guys & gals show up, have a cold one :32: with them and soak up the culture. If the campers in the lot have dogs, watch where you step,:18: they have already marked their territory and you are invading their space. If they are running 5 other classes, for once in your life sit there and watch it because it may just be the best racing of the evening. And last of all remember the worst day at the race track sure the hell beats the normal grind of working for a living.

Go support a race track near you. It is the greatest entertainment going.:6:

Pine 7/31/10 12:24 PM

I agree with Mud Packer. I enjoy the track's I'm at on that particular weekend. But the tracks I look forward to are:

The PAS
East Bay
Lawrenceburg
Kokomo
LPS
Lernerville
Eldora
And sometimes I look forward to going to my local tracks, Lincoln and Williams Grove, PA......