Indiana Open Wheel
Page 3 of 5

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Anyone know Brian Spieker (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=88556)

Airsys 11/10/15 9:10 AM

Re: Anyone know Brian Spieker

The Banning of drivers seems a bit puzzling. Arnt these the same people the promoters rely on to bring in the fans to make money? I am not sure all those names are drivers. I think some are fans???

MWRmgr1010 11/10/15 11:23 AM

What puzzles me is that depending on what page you click on the copy right digital act policy changes years. 1998 is the quoted year in the about us page.

Do they even know what the actual laws are regarding their information?

Kansasdirtfan 11/10/15 4:21 PM

Originally Posted by DAD:
For some reason Kansas attracts shyster people.

I resemble that remark!

darnall 11/10/15 5:06 PM

I am friends with about half the people on the banned list...does that mean I can plan on being banned once a full fledged social media investigation is finished? If not I betcha the question I am about to ask will get me banned... good thing I haven't had a ride the last couple years or else it would make me sad to be banned...

Question...

Much like the dominant question in the discussions of Husets Speedway in SD coming under a new name, ownership, and crazy big announced purse structure I just have to wonder.... WHERE IS THE MONEY COMING FROM TO FULFILL ALL THESE PROMISES? 5-10 grand to win midget shows, hiring of 70-90 people to work for this group, building rentals and track construction for the indoor shows, track leasing for the outdoor shows, etc etc etc. The announcement says the purses are bonded... does that mean Lloyds of London sold a policy that will actually pay out a purse on the off chance that a race actually does happen? If so few existing racetracks can put it on the line to have a midget special that pays that kind of money once a year how in the heck is somebody going to spend 100s of thousands of dollars on renting venues and making them race ready and still be able to pay that kind of money?

This looks to me like somebody trying to collect preseason membership dues from every race car driver possible. They talk about midgets, A class micros, outlaw motor micros, upright mini-lightning sprints, modifieds, winged 305 sprintcars, nonwing 305 sprintcars, winged 360 sprinters, nonwing 360 sprinters and who knows what else. Looks like a pretty good way to collect a bunch of money to me. Figure out every kind of racecar that runs in your geographical area, promise huge, earth shattering events for every one of them, collect as many memberships as you can before the first scheduled event, and be sitting on a beach in Cancun wondering how many trailers are parked outside of a locked arena on the date of the first event. And be sure to strong arm anybody who dares ask these questions by letting the world know they are banned from all the bliss and good times you are telling the world you will provide.

Makes me want to call the front offices of the venues in Dodge City and Des Moines and see if those dates are available for me to promote a big farm equipment trade show or something.

interpreter66 11/10/15 5:40 PM

Originally Posted by DAD:
For some reason Kansas attracts shyster people.

Remember the Kansas city indoor Kemper Midget show a few years ago.

All promoters see things in a very positive view, that is natural >>>BUT>>> If his deal sounds too good to be true it probably is.

Honest Dad himself:6::6:

Great for once their not from Florida 🏁

Quantrill 11/10/15 6:50 PM

Here is how it will go down.....

Because of this neg. press the sponsors have backed out and we all are to blame for it being cancelled...

Seen this tactic used before!

Speedway2u 11/10/15 8:25 PM

I looked at the site and have seen many of the facebook posts that the UHRA banned you for on their page. :42::

Mark Billings - I'm certain that the UHRA and others appreciate your free advertisement of their groups. :deadhorse:

None of you guys would even race in their series if you were not talking :21: to promoters this way. Remember defamation and false light could cause you guys to lose everything if they did litigate.

You have never met these guys face to face, yet you hide behind a screen and talk like this? :10:

Reminds me of my 6 year old at school. I would bet that if you guys acted your age instead of like little 2nd grade playground bullies you might possible be taken off their list.

I know 2 of the board members, and the guy you refer to is not one. They have 7 board members one of them has over $5 million invested in this deal alone.

With that kind of money it takes more than a few phone calls to shut them down.

You do know, you are the ones looking like the circus clowns while these guys are making deals.

Keep up the good work guys. :8:

Finally, I do have the balls to post my REAL name.

Greg Dewalt,
Beatrice, NE

Quantrill 11/10/15 9:41 PM

Guilty as CHARGED......You are correct I have NEVER meet Brian Spieker or anyone else from UHRA.... So why the need to banned me... Puzzling.

Looking at the comments on here and FB it looks like I am not the only one questioning these events. Matter of fact I would not even be aware of them if not for being tagged on FB from a fellow racers informing me I made the banned list for UHRA..... My response was who?? I am still asking who.

Originally Posted by :
You have never met these guys face to face, yet you hide behind a screen and talk like this?

You mean like posting someone's name saying they are banned. That kind of deal?? Nope I would never do that!:11;

Originally Posted by :
I know 2 of the board members, and the guy you refer to is not one.

Just a thought,,,,, you might tell Brian Spiekers to stop posting info about these races. He might be the guy you go after because it looks like to me if you want to promote you don't start by creating a list of drivers who are banned because SOCIAL MEDIA VIOLATIONS! :16

Originally Posted by :

Phone calls to shut down who, to do what? Heck I hope it happens it would be great for our sport but personally don't see it.

Originally Posted by :

Yep you and your two post.... Congratulations on your second post. WTG! :44: It's a forum what fun would that be?

kdobson 11/10/15 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Speedway2u:
They have 7 board members one of them has over $5 million invested in this deal alone.

Could you help a brother out and give me that fella's name? I have plenty of ways for him to 'invest' his next 5 million in dirt racing.

Ken Dobson
Jacksonville Speedway [Or whatever the gentleman with 5 million to invest wants to call it next]

interpreter66 11/10/15 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Speedway2u:
I looked at the site and have seen many of the facebook posts that the UHRA banned you for on their page. :42::

Mark Billings - I'm certain that the UHRA and others appreciate your free advertisement of their groups. :deadhorse:

None of you guys would even race in their series if you were not talking :21: to promoters this way. Remember defamation and false light could cause you guys to lose everything if they did litigate.

You have never met these guys face to face, yet you hide behind a screen and talk like this? :10:

Reminds me of my 6 year old at school. I would bet that if you guys acted your age instead of like little 2nd grade playground bullies you might possible be taken off their list.

I know 2 of the board members, and the guy you refer to is not one. They have 7 board members one of them has over $5 million invested in this deal alone.

You do know, you are the ones looking like the circus clowns while these guys are making deals.

Keep up the good work guys. :8:

Greg Dewalt,
Beatrice, NE

Thanks for posting Brian oops I mean Greg 😏
Joe peckalevitch