IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Track info suggestions needed (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=118109)

Chubs Peterson 8/17/21 4:31 PM

Track info suggestions needed

Had a racecation all planned for Indiana this year. BC39 Wed & Thurs. and then the ASCS National tour at the new Circle City. Well, Circle City is cancelled so here we sit wondering what is our best option now for Friday and Saturday. Any suggestion greatly appreciated.

FRIDAY - Bloomington, Gas City or road trip to I-96 in Michigan for All Stars
SATURDAY - Lawrenceburg, Lincoln Park or if we go to I-96 Plymouth for the All Stars.

We really just want to see a good show at a reasonable price. Cheap beer is always a plus!

And yes we know USAC is at Paragon on Sunday, but unless I want to dot the final I and cross the final T on the divorce papers, I think we will return home on Sunday.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

nathans1012 8/17/21 4:58 PM

Re: Track info suggestions needed

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubs Peterson (Post 543360)
Had a racecation all planned for Indiana this year. BC39 Wed & Thurs. and then the ASCS National tour at the new Circle City. Well, Circle City is cancelled so here we sit wondering what is our best option now for Friday and Saturday. Any suggestion greatly appreciated.

SATURDAY - Lawrenceburg, Lincoln Park or if we go to I-96 Plymouth for the All Stars.

We really just want to see a good show at a reasonable price. Cheap beer is always a plus!

And yes we know USAC is at Paragon on Sunday, but unless I want to dot the final I and cross the final T on the divorce papers, I think we will return home on Sunday.

Gas City on Friday & Lincoln Park on Saturday.

nathans1012 8/17/21 4:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubs Peterson (Post 543360)

or hit a Gas City on Friday & Plymouth for the All Star Sprints on Saturday. Those two track aren't that far apart. About 1 1/2 hour drive. from Gas City to Plymouth/

Charles Nungester 8/17/21 5:06 PM

Bloomington is a beautiful facility with often two groove racing. Hillside plateued seating where you can bring a chair. Only downfall may be car count.

Gas City is a tight track that can be racy. But sometimes on the bottom. Interesting format this week with twin 21 lap features.

LPS is a nice facility and good racing. Also has seating that allows for lawn chairs

Lawrenceburg is kinda like eldora used to be. Fast, breath taking slide jobs. Nice grandstand, restrooms and consessions. Also hosting Dick Gaines memorial a race honoring the Hoosier multi time champion and knoxville nationals winner.

Gas City, LPS and Burg are all within a couple miles of the highway and easy to get too. Bloomington is a little off the path but from Indy area not bad.

Have fun, seen your post on another forum. but lost my password to reply.

Chubs Peterson 8/17/21 5:10 PM

Plymouth cancelled. Cross that off and I-96. Free admission at Bloomington could be tough to beat. One more question. do all/any of the tracks allow coolers? Beer?

Charles Nungester 8/17/21 5:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubs Peterson (Post 543366)
Plymouth cancelled. Cross that off and I-96. Free admission at Bloomington could be tough to beat. One more question. do all/any of the tracks allow coolers? Beer?

Gas City no coolers, no carry in beer.
Bloomington yes and yes
LPS coolers, no beer They sell it though
Burg, Coolers, No beer. They sell it though.

DaleDuBois 8/17/21 5:54 PM

Bloomington yes and yes but no glass bottles, take your lawn chair or a blanket. Nice hillside with grass for laying or sitting. The sprints go wide open around the high banks of the track like no other tracks that I know. Best place to see a sprint car race and LPS is not for behind with not a bad seat at the track, also lawn chairs and grass for the kids.

badcoupe 8/17/21 7:28 PM

The burg you can sit on backstretch drive vehicle in with your beer. There’s a small lot on the backstretch you can park at.

Chief Wahoo 8/17/21 8:50 PM

Friday is FREE admission at Bloomington. Hard to beat that plus the place is beautiful if you’ve never been.

Sprint6615 8/17/21 10:10 PM

I took my first trip to Bloomington and Lincoln park this year for sprintweek and can tell you they are now two of my favorite tracks I’ve ever been to. I felt like I should of gone and paid again after warm ups and time trials. I couldn’t stop smiling watching those guys beat on the cushion and throw the cars the way they did.