IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Winged Dirt Sprint Car Health (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=108757)

Dirt Is Best 4/14/19 9:42 AM

Winged Dirt Sprint Car Health

Pennsylvania and Ohio have tracks regularly running various winged sprint classes. Knoxville, Iowa, even supports 3 weekly sprint classes. Other areas are not as fortunate.

Up in Michigan for instance, Butler Motor Speedway has been the only weekly sprint track for years. Sprints On Dirt, with its "beyond limits" format, and Butler work together for the good of the sport.

Sprint car racing may not be dominant in Michigan, but how many series anywhere paid over $90,000 in points cash and contingency awards in 2018 like SOD did?

cornerthree 4/14/19 11:44 AM

Re: Winged Dirt Sprint Car Health

Knoxville looses money every week of there weekly show. If it wasn't for there 3 big specials they couldn't afford to stay open.

tmac39 4/14/19 1:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornerthree (Post 511697)
Knoxville looses money every week of there weekly show. If it wasn't for there 3 big specials they couldn't afford to stay open.

maybe if they were a little more fan friendly they would get more local fans.

MIracing 4/14/19 6:23 PM

Love SoD and what they do to keep sprint car racing alive in MI.

Non wing lover 4/14/19 6:33 PM

Wing racing seems to be healthy. My concert is non wing racing. Why does a professional series like USAC get 29 cars at Bloomington then the next night get 33 at LPs for a regular show?

davidm 4/14/19 6:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Non wing lover (Post 511713)
Wing racing seems to be healthy. My concert is non wing racing. Why does a professional series like USAC get 29 cars at Bloomington then the next night get 33 at LPs for a regular show?

Some teams just can't make Fridays work. Car counts are typically always better on Saturday.

Non wing lover 4/14/19 6:38 PM

Now granted with USAC count rather low quality cars were there I'm just used to seeing40 plus cars at a USAC show its just not happening anymore OK guess IU m just lost in the past lol

interpreter66 4/14/19 6:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmac39 (Post 511704)
maybe if they were a little more fan friendly they would get more local fans.

I watched the dirt nights modified series on mav , they left Boone where it was crazy racing,they went to Knoxville to race and the track people were a$$holes and they had nobody there to watch,it was very odd!

fourteen fan 4/14/19 7:35 PM

Watch out comments about car counts will get a rope offer.

tmac39 4/15/19 7:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Non wing lover (Post 511713)

a lot of drivers and car owners don't like the taste of the USAC kool-aid