IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   D2 Midget Engines - Here We Go (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=91344)

HighbanksHustlin 4/9/16 12:17 PM

D2 Midget Engines - Here We Go

1 Attachment(s)
Well folks looks like D2 midget engines have just escalated. I knew it would only be a matter of time before this happened. This is no different that $200 clone engines in karts turning into $1200 (still having similar rules). I can only imagine what this thing costs...could probably buy a good used national motor for less.

DAD 4/9/16 12:37 PM

Re: D2 Midget Engines - Here We Go

High

They got to eat too. Check the ports>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:)

Honest Dad himself:6::6:

Markdąy 4/9/16 12:46 PM

As long as what ever d2 series is running . wheather it be USAC poweri or stars etc. As long as they police there engine rules . and essinger builds motors to spec then if car owners want to build a motor or buy one,as long as its to spec . what's the issue then you

TheSheriff 4/9/16 12:52 PM

For those prices, they might as well just run the 2 divisions together (i.e. Montpelier) rather than divide up midget racing.

zeromotorsports 4/9/16 1:19 PM

Thats a badger motor. Not D2

polecar 4/9/16 6:03 PM

for those who don't know a badger motor is a motor for the badger midget auto racing association. they are 2.4 l motor with oem block, crank and head. no porting and no titanium. everything else is open. i feel all 2.4 motors should have these rules.

TQ29m 4/9/16 7:02 PM

The cost of rods, pistons and cams, between OEM, and aftermarket is minimal, and I am a budget, should say old budget minded racer, so I'm sure a guy who still works, can read an assembly book, could build one, quit smoking, and partying, you can do it. I might add, Crane and Crower as well as others sell cams within a few bucks of new stock ones, H- beam rods are as cheap as stock ones that have been reconned, and good popup pistons won't add anything other than longer life, and more compression, which makes that alky burn faster. The motor Im building is a 2.0 Mitsubishi, same as a Mopar 420a, really common, and cheap. Bob

bobby01 4/9/16 7:47 PM

This is exactly how a 2.3 pinto and a 153 Chevy II became $40,000 National midget engines.We as a group continue to make these same mistakes.Why as group do we keep making the same mistakes as far back
as the days of the V/8 60 Ford and the Offy.I guess my question is why do we expect a different outcome.
Leave them stock and go race.

Backitin 4/9/16 8:18 PM

quit smoking and partying ? :18:

Shreffler21 4/9/16 8:25 PM

👏 i think Bobbyo nailed it ! So much for the kiss method. Or is this what "dad" calls tinkering?