IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Ballou vs Stewart (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=106356)

cleatziff 9/23/18 1:48 PM

Ballou vs Stewart

1 Attachment(s)
This could be interesting

cleatziff 9/23/18 1:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another part

badcoupe 9/23/18 2:07 PM

I’m with Ballou though, the times I’ve been I couldn’t understand why that place is such a draw it’s so dry and dusty that it’s nearly unwatchable.

Charles Nungester 9/23/18 2:12 PM

Re: Ballou vs Stewart

is this last years or this years post. With all the cars, there never was much of a cushion left by the middle of the second feature Vogler, Hewitt would do it just like Leary did and bounce the RR on the wall.

Last night wasn't dusty in comparison to the past couple years Really racy.

Charles Nungester 9/23/18 2:26 PM

Wow, just wow.

Tony Stewart
‏Verified account @TonyStewart
1h1 hour ago
Replying to @robertballou81 @EldoraSpeedway @spencerbayston

Well after the flood of text I’ve got from the same guys you raced against last night, I would just rather you never come back to @EldoraSpeedway . We don’t need you
13 replies 14 retweets 210 likes

I love this sport, I think Robert Ballou is one of the best in sprint car ever, I also think he's a great guy, always says hi, chats with the kids, helps others who need it.

To me, the track was 100% better than last year

This isn't good.

cleatziff 9/23/18 2:29 PM

This is from this year. Ballou’s original post was from last night. Stewart response is from today.

Big Mike 7 9/23/18 2:37 PM

Ballou is a huge whiny idiot. If he was one of the best ever in a sprint car and he didn’t whine and cry about everything he might have a shot at a good ride. Why do you think he doesn’t have a midget or crown ride?

hairracer44 9/23/18 2:45 PM

THis is from 1999 sprint car race at Eldora, dust and on the fence. The place has changed but it comes and goes like any other track.

https://youtu.be/8sys8T4VEIg

Charles Nungester 9/23/18 3:42 PM

Rich Mersereau 9/23/18 3:47 PM

I'm a Robert Ballou fan, but he's wrong. The racing is as good as it's ever been at Eldora.

B99 9/23/18 3:52 PM

I love watching Ballou race. But from my vantage point this was one of the better Eldora tracks in recent years. And, they did go out and water and scratch the top before SC hot laps.

minispeed 9/23/18 3:53 PM

He don’t have a midget ride because he can’t fit in one!! Lol

interpreter66 9/23/18 4:10 PM

A battle you can’t win

dsc1600 9/23/18 4:20 PM

I like the new Eldora but i get the people that don’t like to see drivers run the very bottom on a high banked track.

That Silver Crown race was nuts and the WoO race on Friday was really good, Wilson from 23rd to 3rd and a great battle for the lead and 2nd place.

Rich Mersereau 9/23/18 4:35 PM

Farm it like Haubstaut? You'd need 5 helicopters.

miledirt 9/23/18 5:12 PM

How could anyone say the racing in the outlaw and Silver Crown feature was not good

Spi-nex 9/23/18 7:02 PM

Wasn't Ballou also the one that pulled out of Kokomo years ago one night because the track was too wet before hotlaps?

hoosier race fan 9/23/18 7:21 PM

https://stickeroid.com/uploads/pic/f...608e__mask.jpg

Hustlin-Hoosier 9/23/18 7:22 PM

wasn't he complaining about track conditions at Lawrenceburg too ?

BrentTFunk 9/23/18 8:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hustlin-Hoosier (Post 502463)

And Kokomo during Smackdown prelims. I like Robert. I like watching him race. I have seen him do and say many things that help the sport. On this one I think he is wrong. Watching Leary in the sprint feature proves the track was racy. The heats were good. Name dropped his buddy Rico, yet Keith Kunz praised the track. Kyle Larson praised the track on Twitter, and he's pretty close with Rico also.
I have only missed the first 4 crown, and can't remember better racing. Lots of side by side racing.

Dffuchs12 9/23/18 9:30 PM

Because he doesn't have time.and he's not comfortable in a midget.

Rhody 9/23/18 10:04 PM

Ballou is just salty because he can't pedal a dry slick. I think Eldora has always hurt you if you overcooked the entry, that's why it is the track that separates the men from the boys.

racingfan99 9/23/18 11:13 PM

If ballou would have won he would have said different or if he did not wreak.😁

RichH 9/23/18 11:26 PM

Why are track conditions always such an issue at Eldora?
The dust issues go way back before the Tony era.
That said, I enjoyed the racing last night very much. This after swearing to never come back after dust storms and sunrise home arrivals.

smith19 9/24/18 12:18 AM

rich your just a big dumb race fan like me.:3:

Puppy 9/24/18 1:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badcoupe (Post 502439)
I’m with Ballou though, the times I’ve been I couldn’t understand why that place is such a draw it’s so dry and dusty that it’s nearly unwatchable.

Dirt fans complaining about dust.... AMAZING!!!:10:

7horse 9/24/18 1:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Mike 7 (Post 502443)
Ballou is a huge whiny idiot. If he was one of the best ever in a sprint car and he didn’t whine and cry about everything he might have a shot at a good ride. Why do you think he doesn’t have a midget or crown ride?

He is one of the best ever

7horse 9/24/18 1:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hustlin-Hoosier (Post 502463)

Yeah the track usually sucks there too

Chief Wahoo 9/24/18 2:53 AM

Ballou mentioned on recent podcast before race that Tony promised him a big wet cushion last year. That being said there seemed like a lot of incidents where cars were pushing the limits between the small cushion and wall. Seemed like they were in hurry to get all races in. Maybe coulda spent a little time working track. I know with 4 classes it’s going to be a long night. As a fan in the stands I’d rather go back to camper a hour later with them working track. Still the track looked racy from YouTube highlights. Looking forward to seeing Ballou on tractor next year working the track and Tony better budget for bigger water bill.

Charles Nungester 9/24/18 6:22 AM

Guess you guys missed the part of Smoke telling him to not bother coming back.

While I agree Ballou blames track conditions a lot at a lot of different tracks if he don't win.
Smoke sure would speak his mind until they fined him into submission in Nascar.
My favorite. "Goodyear bringing junk tires again, I wouldn't put Goodyears on my tractor"

Charles Nungester 9/24/18 6:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichH (Post 502473)
Why are track conditions always such an issue at Eldora?
The dust issues go way back before the Tony era.
That said, I enjoyed the racing last night very much. This after swearing to never come back after dust storms and sunrise home arrivals.

Ditto. Was good to see you and Larry if only for a few seconds

bigvee 9/24/18 7:05 AM

There sure isn't any passing "above the cushion" anymore.

ossuks 9/24/18 7:48 AM

Every year it is the same....Track conditions at Eldora, they run so late, blah blah blah...Stay home if you do not like it. My absolute favorite show of the year is the 4 Crown, I love the fact that you have to have talent and coconuts to win there. Flat, rubber down huggy pole is not for me, almost as bad is when you get a big, wet cushion and everyone hits the set up because it is easier to find ( bigger sweet spot) and it is just hammer down around and around and everyone "looks" like a driver!!

I will take Eldora like it is over any track, any time!! Fast enough to respect, tricky enough to take talent, and legendary enough to make heroes!! Look back at who wins at Eldora and you will find legends, men that won in Indy Car, NASCAR, ect...TALENT that went on to fame.... You like what you like, there are a lot of west coaster that love their wet tracks and that is great, there are those that love high banked asphalt ( me included), wingers and non wingers, stock car and open wheel.....I like them all, but if I could only watch one race a year my ass is watching Eldora, Earl built it and made it famous, Tony picked it up and not only continues the legend but had made fantastic improvements! :22:

Big Mike 7 9/24/18 8:57 AM

The only thing that he is the best at is whining. As far as sprint car drivers, he couldn’t carry the best guys helmet bags.

cletust2 9/24/18 9:41 AM

I don't think we need to tell racers not to come back. I don't think its good for the sport.

Rpracing1 9/24/18 9:41 AM

Always enjoy watching Robert race and even enjoy reading and listening to Roberts ideas and rants. He is kind of the "Jeff Burton" NASCAR type of Policeman for Sprint Cars, right or wrong. Just think at this point in time, he may be better off just worrying about his "Shock" issues and finding the car that is "Right" for Robert, and leave the track prep to others. JMO

Therealether 9/24/18 10:51 AM

Isn't that the nature of dirt track racing? It won't always be to your liking, so shut up and race. Hell, at Volusia this past Feb they had a giant hole develop in the first turn,and guess what? 3 or 4 divisions ran without as much ********. Even Gravel, who destroyed an chassis after hitting it didn't whine like Ballou.

Chase Hightower 9/24/18 11:10 AM

Calling Ballou "one of the best ever" is kind of ridiculous in my opinion. The best ever drove and won on every type of track surface and condition. I liked his hammer down style when he came on the scene, and still has at certain tracks. But, he sure can't run dry slick, use patience, and isn't what I'd call "smooth" by any stretch. He definitely isn't bigger than Eldora, or the races that happen there, or the people that show up to watch the racing there, and will come with or without Robert. I'm pretty certain The Big E will survive without Ballou. Simple, if all you want to do is cry, complain, call out people, and don't run worth a sh*it at certain joints, then stay home. I liked the racing fine, and that's probably the best Silver Crown race I've seen. Ballou wouldn't know, he wasn't in it. Hopefully he enjoyed watching as much as I did.

tamati 9/24/18 11:50 AM

I guess winning a usac sprint championship does not make you one of the best, Then I don't know what does.

55fan 9/24/18 11:57 AM

I simply prefer the smaller tracks. I don't like seeing anyone getting hurt or killed.