Indiana Open Wheel
Page 1 of 2

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   KO in #56? ...looking for sponsorship... (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=27752)

jdull99 1/10/10 7:29 PM

KO in #56? ...looking for sponsorship...

Due to some personal complications, midget racing HoF member/legend Kevin Olson and I are in discussions to arrange a ride for the multi time champ in one of my Shakers Sports Bar/JJ Precision Grinding/Huss Ent. Inc. Stealths. With gas averaging $2.75/gal on top of all the other expenses related to the "Silly Bowl", we are just a little short of making something happen. If anyone would like to see another car out there and racing veteran KO, please contact us ASAP. Thank-you.

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
jasondull.com (For all the Racing News)

badgerfan 1/10/10 8:01 PM

Re: KO in #56? ...looking for sponsorship...

Good luck putting that together Jason!!!

spicoli 1/11/10 12:38 AM

What, the light bulb repair business is down, too? People don't need light anymore????

I'll contribute a couple cartons of smokes.

Send me a t shirt and I'll make 'em Marlboros'.

jdull99 1/11/10 2:11 PM

For those that weren't cheering like a school boy and forgot, KO almost transferred out of the C last year. I believe he ended one spot away on Sat. Still looking to secure support for this effort. You never know how many more runs he will be able to make (not sure if he will admit age on next B-day...but I guess Mel JUST retired, so you never know). It would be a good experience for me to finally take my car down there and see what it take$ to run. Please let us know. Thank-you.

According to the late Butch Dahlke, KO utilized this engine on the way to his BMARA champ and Fireman Nationals wins not THAT long ago.

The car won a race at Sun Prairie this summer. As far as "what have you done for me lately"; qualified in top 10 at Beaver Dam 1/2 mile in BMARA's final appearance there this summer (YES, there were more than 11 cars!). Ran among some good equipment in Fireman nationals (battling for transfer spot in USAC/BMARA event) as well as in the abbreviated BD 1/3 mile show. If not for issues similar to what I am experiencing this week, I think the car could have made top 10 in the prestigious BMARA championship points (calculate where normally finish and add on to total for one week missed...would have been interesting...).

Gene Franckowiak 1/11/10 2:47 PM

Maybe if you cannot afford to go, you shouldn't. for what it costs to run the "Silly Bowl", you could run quite a few local races which will actually help to keep the sport active in your area. local tracks and organizations need support too. Let those who have the $$$$$ go to the bowl..........its just turned into a big circus anyway with all the rent-a-rides and other shenanigans that go on.

jdull99 1/11/10 3:12 PM

Money is ONE of the reasons I am not running. Obviously, I do not have any to spend for some one else to race my car. KO's schedule in the summer does not allow for too many runs. He is available this weekend and I am not in a position to drive. I think some may feel it would be neat if we can make it work to get a legend out on the track.

As far as "local" racing: No club in my area has done anything to accommodate someone in my position. Until I see some rule changes (by no way is this directed at just one sanctioning body), I am only focused on the "next race"...that is why I am very upset not to be running Tulsa. As far as my support: Campaigned a car/go-kart in 45 events last year...not counting multiple other practice type runs. I intend to attempt a similar schedule in 2010.

As I posted above though, I think it would be very good experience for my team to make the haul down there. You never know what relationships can build from that event. It is good to be involved in off-season races and stay up on things. We will see what happens...thanks.

outsider 1/11/10 3:22 PM

Originally Posted by jdull99:
KO's schedule in the summer .

What does that mean?

jdull99 1/11/10 5:40 PM

For sometime he has worked on the IRL radio broadcast team...usually busy on the weekends...

jdull99 1/12/10 1:18 AM

Seriously folks, we are just a little short of making this happen. Want to head out in morning. Please call anytime. Thank-you. 815 494-6002.

DREW= Hines #1 fan!!! 1/12/10 7:35 AM

Jason I know it's not much but I'll commit $50.00 and feed your guys on thursday.Every little bit helps,if you can get just 10 people to do the same it would help a lot.John P huss said you are a really good guy.So come on people lets help the little guy and not buy 2 shirts or hats from a big name driver.Best of luck.