IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   More stuff stolen from Gasoline Alley (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=20702)

cshuman 7/26/09 3:41 PM

More stuff stolen from Gasoline Alley

We had our trailer broke into last night, cut the locks and the cables on the back door and stole our Yamaha Pro Hauler.. It looks like a big off road golf cart with a blue body and a black Kobalt tool box bolted on the back... hopefully we will be able to see something from the video cameras tomorrow morning.. Im sure these idiots wont be dumb enough to try and sell it or drive it around but who knows... keep your eyes open... Thanks

Shu

racefan20 7/26/09 4:28 PM

Re: More stuff stolen from Gasoline Alley

Kinda puts a damper on a winning night. Good luck finding the thieves.

Wallsracing 7/26/09 5:01 PM

i just a had a buddy had 2 drag racing trailers broken into here south of terre haute the took everything that seemed like didnt have a serial number...tools..generator...helmets...dist..etc... .4 wheeler they had to climb over to get the generator and didnt touch it...he checked pawn shops etc but police said ne thing without numbers would just be my word against yours..good luck fiding them cut their nuts off if you do
Posted via Mobile Device

dirtywhiteboy 7/26/09 6:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cshuman (Post 122001)
We had our trailer broke into last night, cut the locks and the cables on the back door and stole our Yamaha Pro Hauler.. It looks like a big off road golf cart with a blue body and a black Kobalt tool box bolted on the back... hopefully we will be able to see something from the video cameras tomorrow morning.. Im sure these idiots wont be dumb enough to try and sell it or drive it around but who knows... keep your eyes open... Thanks

Shu

Best thing you can do (this was told to me by my insurance agent) is to engrave everything you use for your job be it a driver of a racecar or like me a mechanic at a farm equipment dealership with a number that is personal to you and register it with the authorites. That makes it easier (not perfect but easier) for the tools to be traced if found.

SteveD 7/26/09 7:17 PM

For a bucket of ckicken and a case of pepsi you could of had a family of four sleep with your stuff. I hope you find it before da cops and insurance dudes do.

sc96 7/26/09 10:59 PM

One lesson I learned after our fire and we lost everthing was that tools used for work or anything that you get paid for doing (racing) IS NOT COVERED ON YOUR HOME OWNERS POLICY. Also if you want to seperate it out so you can cover it its so expensive that you cant afford the premium. So how do you go about getting the right coverage for your stuff and still be able to buy bread and peanut butter.

sprntr 7/27/09 8:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtywhiteboy (Post 122029)
Best thing you can do (this was told to me by my insurance agent) is to engrave everything you use for your job be it a driver of a racecar or like me a mechanic at a farm equipment dealership with a number that is personal to you and register it with the authorites. That makes it easier (not perfect but easier) for the tools to be traced if found.

Hey, whatever happened to McGruff, The Crime Dog & Operation I.D.?

Danny Burton 7/27/09 11:59 PM

Bump

cshuman 7/28/09 2:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprntr (Post 122306)
Hey, whatever happened to McGruff, The Crime Dog & Operation I.D.?

hey thanks for the smart ass comments,,, but its kinda a big deal... being that this now cost me a ride, plus a ride for the TNT tour and the end of the year....

Stagger 7/28/09 8:48 AM

OUCH......Hope it all works out for you. That would be a bummer not to race in the Shuman Classic. That would be down right wrong.