IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   POWRI "Battle at the Center" this Saturday! (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=40379)

FatheadzEyewear 12/13/10 11:08 AM

POWRI "Battle at the Center" this Saturday!

The POWRI National Midget Series roars into Duquoin, Illinois this Saturday for the inaugural "Battle at the Center!"

Nearly 60 midgets are invited to take part in this indoor dirt spectacular!

2010 POWRI Champ Brad Loyet, POWRI runner-up Brad Kuhn, Jerry Coons Jr, Bobby East, Steve Buckwalter, Damion Gardner, Shane Cottle, Bryan Clauson, and more!

The Lucas Oil "On the Edge" cameras will be shooting all weekend for a taped show later to be aired on SPEED!

LIVE Pay-Per-View will be available for Saturday night!

Click the link below to order!
http://interface.audiovideoweb.com/p...02092010142216

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mqD_K9RJ_Y

Jerry Shaw 12/13/10 5:03 PM

Re: POWRI "Battle at the Center" this Saturda

They're asking me to fork over TEN BUCKS to watch SIXTY MIDGETS do battle on Pay-Per-View? And the list of drivers includes names like Clauson, Kuhn, Coons, Darland, Buckwalter, East, Cottle, Loyet, Stratton and Hatton? Just to name a few. I only have one thing to say to that:

SOLD!!

Jerry

OK, I've created an account. Now, how do I pay up, to get the "early registration" price?

illiNOISE 12/13/10 5:39 PM

I hate to settle for PPV over the experience of being there, but having checked the weather forecast for Saturday, I see that they're calling for a high of 33 and a low of 15. So it's going to be mighty chilly inside when they open that big back door. Add in the factor of $3/gallon gas, and the $10 pay per view option starts to look more attractive.

AERO410SCJA 12/13/10 7:58 PM

Right there is why you should have to pay the gate price to watch a race on the Internet and the promoter should get a share!

illiNOISE 12/13/10 9:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AERO410SCJA (Post 206167)
Right there is why you should have to pay the gate price to watch a race on the Internet and the promoter should get a share!

I understand the sentiment, and wouldn't mind paying the gate price. But if you're suggesting that folks like me are hurting promoters, I think you should know that I have another reason for settling for the PPV. I have an uncle with Alzheimers, and it has gotten to the point that we really can no longer take him to the races. This way we can drive him over here and he can watch the races with us.

So do I feel guilty for watching on the computer? Sorry, but no.

AERO410SCJA 12/13/10 10:07 PM

I have know problem with PPV if it's not cheaper then the gate and it's not hurting the promoter.It isn't like it attracts new fans.I've Never meet anyone who got into sprint car racing through surfing the web:16

racinround 12/14/10 3:14 AM

illiNOISE 12/14/10 11:10 AM

Anybody else been able to find an actual link on the page to purchase the PPV yet?:11:

ISF 12/14/10 12:49 PM

I'd like to be able to watch it on my TV as opposed to setting in front of the computer for 3 or 4 hours. Does anyone know how that can be done? I've tried to run an Svideo wire from the computer to the TV and it didn't work and I've read about other ways to do it but never really fully understood how to successfully set it up.

Thanks in advance.

apexonephoto 12/14/10 1:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ISF (Post 206240)
I'd like to be able to watch it on my TV as opposed to setting in front of the computer for 3 or 4 hours. Does anyone know how that can be done? I've tried to run an Svideo wire from the computer to the TV and it didn't work and I've read about other ways to do it but never really fully understood how to successfully set it up.

Thanks in advance.

It all depends on what the age of your tv and computer are.

For audio I use an splitter out of my laptop headphone jack that connects to the input RCA cables on my tv.

For video I use a DVI to HDMI cable I bought from Amazon.com.

For a remote I use my Iphone.

It works flawlessly, my wife can even make it work.

ISF 12/14/10 1:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apexonephoto (Post 206243)
It all depends on what the age of your tv and computer are.

For audio I use an splitter out of my laptop headphone jack that connects to the input RCA cables on my tv.

For video I use a DVI to HDMI cable I bought from Amazon.com.

For a remote I use my Iphone.

It works flawlessly, my wife can even make it work.

It has a DVI port and a S video out. As I said before I tried the S video our jack and it didn't work. I haven't tried the DVI port yet but that will probably be my next attempt.

The TV has some age on it but has RCA video in and audio in connections which I think I can adapt from the DVI port on the computer.

Jerry Shaw 12/14/10 2:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illiNOISE (Post 206220)
Anybody else been able to find an actual link on the page to purchase the PPV yet?:11:

Jerry

Pine 12/14/10 3:18 PM

I still can't figure the damn thing out. I log in and it goes to the "Battle At The Center" page. It tells me my carts EMPTY, (No CRAP), but there's no link to order THE EVENT...:14:

AERO410SCJA 12/14/10 3:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pine (Post 206263)
I still can't figure the damn thing out. I log in and it goes to the "Battle At The Center" page. It tells me my carts EMPTY, (No CRAP), but there's no link to order THE EVENT...:14:

Guess you"ll have to start packing:31::31::31::31::32:

Pine 12/14/10 3:36 PM

I was thinking about it. If it would be a two day show we would be there...:32:

ISF 12/14/10 3:38 PM

Pine, it's doing the same thing when I log in. There are 3 options: refresh page, purchase history and log out. It says your cart is empty and puchase history only gives you the option to return to cart.

As often as not these websites are confusing or they don't work at all, like this one. If you want to sell programming make sure the website works properly and make sure the video is watchable when you finally manage to get it ordered!!

Pine 12/14/10 3:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ISF (Post 206268)
Pine, it's doing the same thing when I log in. There are 3 options: refresh page, purchase history and log out. It says your cart is empty and puchase history only gives you the option to return to cart.

As often as not these websites are confusing or they don't work at all, like this one. If you want to sell programming make sure the website works properly!

Thats exactly what I get.

ISF, you were asking about converting from your computer to your TV. We wrote down the kind of TV we have and the kind of computer we have and took that information into radio shack (?) i believe, and they hooked us right up. It was 35 dollars for the wiring, but it was worth it. Now instead of watching on the computer, I watch on a 42 IN. flat screen....ITS SWEET...

ISF 12/14/10 4:21 PM

Thanks Pine, I'm heading for town shortly and I'll do just what you said.

BrentTFunk 12/14/10 6:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AERO410SCJA (Post 206167)

Funny how most who are talking about ordering the PPV live closer than we do. I think I know why there is so little open wheel racing in Illinois. People do not support it.

Jack Dupp 12/14/10 7:49 PM

POWRI "Battle at the Center" this Saturday

After donning insulated underwear, insulated socks, jeans, an insulated shirt, a hooded sweatshirt, insulated overalls, hooded Carhart jacket and a pair or two of gloves I may look like the Michelin Man and need to be wheeled in with a hand truck but I'll be at the races with my friends having a ball. :10:

skids59 12/14/10 8:56 PM

We'll be there too, I don't think it'll be that bad. At least I hope it's not.

Mud Packer 12/14/10 9:02 PM

We will be there as well. Looking forward to seeing some racing. Layer up and get ready for some hot action on the dirt.:6:

FatheadzEyewear 12/15/10 10:52 AM

Hello racefans,

We apologize for any confusion while trying to purchase the "Battle at the Center" midget event on pay per view.

Here is the correct link to purchase!

Jerry Shaw 12/15/10 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatheadzEyewear (Post 206369)
Hello racefans,

We apologize for any confusion while trying to purchase the "Battle at the Center" midget event on pay per view.

Here is the correct link to purchase!

I completed a PayPal transaction with NeWave Video Productions yesterday @ 1:40 PM. Yet when I log in today, it shows my cart as empty, with an option to purchase the race. And the only email I received yesterday, after my purchase, was the conformation from PayPal. Will you be sending out Emails to those who purchased the event, with a link or instructions on what to do on race day?

Jerry

D.O. 12/15/10 1:26 PM

Top link should work now too.
:35:

petey 12/15/10 5:12 PM

I'm about as close or closer than anyone here to DuQuoin so you know I'll be there. Heck driving up there in some possible bad weather will be half the fun.:3: Been there once when there was snow on the ground.

I just want to say a big thank you to all of the folks at Powri for putting this deal together.:6:

Mud Packer 12/15/10 6:30 PM

Five hours from here and RacinBabe and I plan on being in attendance. Layer up and let's gop racing.:6:

Jack Dupp 12/15/10 6:53 PM

Quote:

Five hours from here and RacinBabe and I plan on being in attendance
You two should at least get a couple of free hot chocolates for making
the trip. I would buy, but I probably won't be able to get to my wallet
because of all the clothes I plan to wear!

tennesseeracefan 12/15/10 7:23 PM

This will be our first indoor race ever to attend. I'm lookin forward to it :2:

apexonephoto 12/15/10 8:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennesseeracefan (Post 206445)
This will be our first indoor race ever to attend. I'm lookin forward to it :2:

Any racing within driving distance of the midwest during November-February is a rare treat. In the last five years I have been to about 15 indoor races. It's still cold and the fumes can be bad. Just use the mentality that it's December and you are at a racetrack. I wish I was going, but the 8+ hour haul has me staying home. Hope you enjoy yourself.

I'll be closing out the year and starting the new one in Fort Wayne, in a few weeks.

BrentTFunk 12/15/10 8:42 PM

Hoping I am not jinxing myself, but i am afraid it will be warmer here than Ocala.

tennesseeracefan 12/15/10 9:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apexonephoto (Post 206455)
Any racing within driving distance of the midwest during November-February is a rare treat. In the last five years I have been to about 15 indoor races. It's still cold and the fumes can be bad. Just use the mentality that it's December and you are at a racetrack. I wish I was going, but the 8+ hour haul has me staying home. Hope you enjoy yourself.

I'll be closing out the year and starting the new one in Fort Wayne, in a few weeks.

Oh I'm not worried about the cold. We sat out at the Ice Bowl at Talladega for 2 days last year and the highest the temp got was like 25!There's no way it could be that bad...

Barney 12/15/10 9:13 PM

Obie & I are making the trip.

Mud Packer 12/15/10 9:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Dupp (Post 206438)
You two should at least get a couple of free hot chocolates for making
the trip. I would buy, but I probably won't be able to get to my wallet
because of all the clothes I plan to wear!

Thanks for the offer. I am used to all of the big spenders here in the Hoosier State.:15: They never can seem to find their wallet except when Cheri stops by with some 50-50 tickets. Then the money comes out and they are knocking each other out of the way to get in line. I hope you enjoy the show. A big thanks to PowrI for scheduling this show. I always enjoy the midgets at the Center.:6:

bandres21 12/15/10 10:50 PM

i went to a go kart show there about 6 years ago.the temps were in the 0 to 10 degree range with winds 35 to 45 miles an hour,it wasn't to bad inside.see you on saturday.

staton 12/16/10 12:02 PM

Looks like no CB for me this year, so Im gonna make the 6.5 hr drive for this one

duel 12/16/10 5:31 PM

I will be there....in front of my pc screen hoping to be able to access the show... 8+ hour drive with working saturday hard to be at the event. i think the promoter must or should get something out this ppv deal. C'mon man! this ppv can't hurt the gate. down the road i see it helping. more people exposed to the sport. it would be interesting to know how much someone will make off this ppv. yes i would pay gate price to watch. i'm not going to see it live so this is great!. Thanks to all envolved for the live feed.

bmemmer 12/16/10 5:41 PM

first event inside for me! cant wait!

STIDA.com 12/16/10 8:36 PM

I am all signed up and paid....

On the night of the race do i just go and sign in?? Anyone know?

Obie 12/17/10 10:21 AM

Does anyone have the address for the Center at Duquoin? I need it for my Tom-Tom & can't find it...help please!