IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Shady hill this weekend (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=100363)

Jerry Spencer 8/8/17 12:25 PM

Shady hill this weekend

We are looking forward to running back at Shady hill but have a few things to ask, does the track have a safety crew to keep us alive till we get to the proper care? will we be out at a decent hour and not kept all night? Will the track consider more Sprint car shows if we bring a good field of cars and fans?

I really want this to be a winner for everyone involved as we need a track to run on Friday or Saturday this side of 465, I applaud the people at Shady Hill for letting us come into the track to race in front of a new crowd as I think this is a win win for everyone involved. Before anyone says if you want another track I should buy one, we may just do that but until then we want some of the established tracks to give open wheel another shot and the only way this is going to happen is to get the cars there and fill the stands with paying fans.

Kokomo has me and a lot of other fans spoiled as this past Sunday we were done around 8pm with a great track/and a really good show, they get things going and keep them going until the end so as to get us home on Sunday night. Oh well that's for another thread so in my rambling please try to get to Shady Hill this weekend and show the promotor we want open wheel racing on this side of 465 as I think we have could pull this off without hurting the tracks south of 465

Just a ole race fan rambling.

Jerry #66j

The Old Coyote 8/8/17 1:40 PM

Re: Shady hill this weekend

I will be there.

rapid robert 8/8/17 1:53 PM

wish we could make it Jerry but it looks like the Michigan is done until SMACKDOWN. Good luck to everyone.

Nate 8/8/17 2:13 PM

Sounded as if last weekend they had a rough go and didn't get done until very late (there was a rain shower mixed in there as well). I wasn't there so can't comment on how the show was ran. That said, I wish them luck this weekend.

I'm glad to see the MSCS going out and giving tracks that don't normally run sprint cars (they ran at Boswell last year) a chance and thankful there are tracks willing to operate outside their normal comfort zones.

If these tracks and sanctioning bodies can pull these shows off they have the possibility of tapping into new fans and getting more people interested in non-wing sprint cars which is a win-win for everyone involved.

nathans1012 8/8/17 3:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate (Post 479685)
Sounded as if last weekend they had a rough go and didn't get done until very late (there was a rain shower mixed in there as well). I wasn't there so can't comment on how the show was ran. That said, I wish them luck this weekend.

I'm glad to see the MSCS going out and giving tracks that don't normally run sprint cars (they ran at Boswell last year) a chance and thankful there are tracks willing to operate outside their normal comfort zones.

If these tracks and sanctioning bodies can pull these shows off they have the possibility of tapping into new fans and getting more people interested in non-wing sprint cars which is a win-win for everyone involved.

I was there. Shadyhill is one of my home tracks. If people think it's such a bad place as far as time then explain 6 classes started at about 7:30 and out by 11:30. Understand The time is an issue for some but the racing it self has been a lot better this year. The new promoter is the best that track has had in many years. The track prep has been a lot better this year. The Topless 20 UMP Modified feature this past weekend was a photo finish. If you guys would like to have another place to race in the future this is a good place to start. Who knows you could have a few more Friday shows next year. I'm willing to stick my neck out for this place even though I have been a bit critical in the past. Yes they still have a ways to go as far as track improvements but remember it all cost money to do that and it don't just happen over night.

Friday, August 11th 2017
MSCS 410 Non-Wing Sprint Cars
Teen-4's (4 cyl. ages 12-19) - Track is giving these young drivers a chance to race in front of a different crowd and to have some down time for the sprints to make adjustments.

With just 2 classes the races should be over fairly early. This will be the 1st time they have had actual sprint cars there in many years (Not including that Steel Block Non-Wing series about 6 / 7 years ago. Think 2010 / 2011). They ran Sprint as a weekly class in I believe 1990. If I remember correctly Warsar's Kevin Atkins was the track champ that year.

Also there will be a large FIREWORKS show for the fans.

treecitytornado 8/8/17 5:55 PM

American Sprint Car Tour was not a steel block only series! I ran 2nd in a steel block car to Brent Turner in an aluminum Engine car.
Fun track to race on! Nice cushion to ride in the Feature too!

Jerry Spencer 8/8/17 9:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathans1012 (Post 479690)
I was there. Shadyhill is one of my home tracks. If people think it's such a bad place as far as time then explain 6 classes started at about 7:30 and out by 11:30. Understand The time is an issue for some but the racing it self has been a lot better this year. The new promoter is the best that track has had in many years. The track prep has been a lot better this year. The Topless 20 UMP Modified feature this past weekend was a photo finish. If you guys would like to have another place to race in the future this is a good place to start. Who knows you could have a few more Friday shows next year. I'm willing to stick my neck out for this place even though I have been a bit critical in the past. Yes they still have a ways to go as far as track improvements but remember it all cost money to do that and it don't just happen over night.

Friday, August 11th 2017
MSCS 410 Non-Wing Sprint Cars
Teen-4's (4 cyl. ages 12-19) - Track is giving these young drivers a chance to race in front of a different crowd and to have some down time for the sprints to make adjustments.

With just 2 classes the races should be over fairly early. This will be the 1st time they have had actual sprint cars there in many years (Not including that Steel Block Non-Wing series about 6 / 7 years ago. Think 2010 / 2011). They ran Sprint as a weekly class in I believe 1990. If I remember correctly Warsar's Kevin Atkins was the track champ that year.

Also there will be a large FIREWORKS show for the fans.

We ran there every weekend way back when, I hope this does turn into something and like the idea of just two classes as we do have an early call in the morning so getting home at a decent hour will be nice. Don't care about the fireworks and hope they are after the show.

Big thanks to the new owner for getting us another place to race.

Jerry #66j

flagboy55 8/9/17 9:23 PM

We also ran our sprint car there that season till we broke the rear end and never did recover. Talking to the folks that owned it at that time, they told me they pulled the plug too quickly on sprints and wish they would have kept them. As far as now, I haven't been there this year but I certainly will be Friday. I have heard that things have been inconsistent with the track at best, but as anyone who's been involved with prepping a dirt track can tell you it's not easy and you need some time to learn the surface plus deal with whatever the climate throws your way. As freshman owners, I'll give them the benefit of doubt as they learn what the track likes. I know it can produce good racing as I've witnessed it many times myself. As far as even running sprint cars and midgets, they get the stamp of approval from me. I'll be there and going to try to bring some friends with me, hopefully it's well supported by fans and teams both

Jerry Spencer 8/10/17 1:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flagboy55 (Post 479771)
We also ran our sprint car there that season till we broke the rear end and never did recover. Talking to the folks that owned it at that time, they told me they pulled the plug too quickly on sprints and wish they would have kept them. As far as now, I haven't been there this year but I certainly will be Friday. I have heard that things have been inconsistent with the track at best, but as anyone who's been involved with prepping a dirt track can tell you it's not easy and you need some time to learn the surface plus deal with whatever the climate throws your way. As freshman owners, I'll give them the benefit of doubt as they learn what the track likes. I know it can produce good racing as I've witnessed it many times myself. As far as even running sprint cars and midgets, they get the stamp of approval from me. I'll be there and going to try to bring some friends with me, hopefully it's well supported by fans and teams both

Glad you are going to make it too support the track and drivers. I'm not worried about track prep as we all run the same track I'm more concerned with not being stuck there all night due to a early morning appointment and knowing our drivers will be taken care of if need be with medical staff at the track. We are going and hope that the stands are packed so maybe we can get another place North to race, going South is very hard as our people work and cant get off in time to make it down South.

Again thank you Shady Hill and thank you in advance to all the fans that show up

Jerry #66j

Jerry Spencer 8/10/17 2:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flagboy55 (Post 479771)

Glad you are going to make it too support the track and drivers. I'm not worried about track prep as we all run the same track I'm more concerned with not being stuck there all night due to a early morning appointment and knowing our drivers will be taken care of if need be with medical staff at the track. We are going and hope that the stands are packed so maybe we can get another place North to race, going South is very hard as our people work and cant get off in time to make it down South.

Again thank you Shady Hill and thank you in advance to all the fans that show up

Jerry #66j