IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   FloSports and NASCAR joining forces. (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=119042)

Chief Wahoo 12/2/21 3:18 PM

FloSports and NASCAR joining forces.

https://www.floracing.com/articles/7...scargrassroots

nathans1012 12/2/21 4:08 PM

Re: FloSports and NASCAR joining forces.

Cool to see them showing some of NASCAR's lower divisions we don't always get to see on TV. I'm especially happy to see the NASCAR Modifieds. I love watching the ground pounders. :32:

Stevensville Mike 12/2/21 4:23 PM

I like the idea of the mods, too, and up front this looks good.

But somewhere down in my gut I can feel something like NASCAR buying Flo out and it becoming something different than what it is now. Maybe I have a Debbie Downer attitude about this, but my gut usually gives me the true vibes.

Charles Nungester 12/2/21 6:18 PM

Over 1,700 races scheduled for Flo Racing next year. Divide that up by $150
All USAC
All ASOCS
All Short Track Super Series
And many ,many more.

opnwhlmnd 12/2/21 7:44 PM

It is not just racing for Flo. They have many other sports that they stream and the fans of those pay the same $150 a year.

Stevensville Mike 12/2/21 9:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Nungester (Post 546440)
Over 1,700 races scheduled for Flo Racing next year. Divide that up by $150
All USAC
All ASOCS
All Short Track Super Series
And many ,many more.

Sure. Lots of races. Right now. I'll put this in the memory banks. We'll bring it back in a couple of years from now.

When has NASCAR ever intervened in the past decade and things have gone positive for us IOW members?

If you are stifled, reference Speedvision.....SpeedTV...... FS1....

Trusting my gut I am.....

Dick Monahan 12/3/21 12:27 AM

That was my first thought, too.

mc/rider 12/3/21 6:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike (Post 546443)
Sure. Lots of races. Right now. I'll put this in the memory banks. We'll bring it back in a couple of years from now.

When has NASCAR ever intervened in the past decade and things have gone positive for us IOW members?

If you are stifled, reference Speedvision.....SpeedTV...... FS1....

Trusting my gut I am.....

Gold Crown debacle

chrismattlin 12/3/21 12:44 PM

Don't freak out guys! This "NASCAR Roots" content has been available for a couple years now over on NBCSportsGold.com for, like, $5 per month. For those who aren't aware, NBC is shutting down the NBC Sports Network at the end of the year along with the NBCSportsGold platform. NASCAR simply needed a new home for these properties; a home that would put some dough in their coffers. FloSports' growth has simply allowed them to have the cash to pay NASCAR what I'm sure is a sizable fee.

If NASCAR was looking to purchase something here, it would have made tons more sense to purchase the platform that they were already on that is about to go out of business, amirite? Instead of spending money, they are receiving money. (Settle down, boys!)

kendirt 12/3/21 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrismattlin (Post 546454)
Don't freak out guys! This "NASCAR Roots" content has been available for a couple years now over on NBCSportsGold.com for, like, $5 per month. For those who aren't aware, NBC is shutting down the NBC Sports Network at the end of the year along with the NBCSportsGold platform. NASCAR simply needed a new home for these properties; a home that would put some dough in their coffers. FloSports' growth has simply allowed them to have the cash to pay NASCAR what I'm sure is a sizable fee.

If NASCAR was looking to purchase something here, it would have made tons more sense to purchase the platform that they were already on that is about to go out of business, amirite? Instead of spending money, they are receiving money. (Settle down, boys!)

No because purchasing the platform they were already on does nothing to rid themselves of competition.

They have a history of trying to destabilize competing series and "competing" is anything with wheels that races and gets too popular. It is what it is.