IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR Cup Race @ KY Speedway 7/9/11 (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=35716)

Seadog 8/10/10 12:08 PM

NASCAR Cup Race @ KY Speedway 7/9/11

I saw this announced today and was wondering if it will affect ISW in any way - for the better or worse or not at all?

Charles Nungester 8/10/10 12:36 PM

Re: NASCAR Cup Race @ KY Speedway 7/9/11

you couldn't give me a ticket. As for ISW I say raise the price and the purses :) Might be one week long show still better (Knoxville) But thats about it.

PAW 8/10/10 12:42 PM

:5::5::5::5::5:

Seadog 8/10/10 1:18 PM

My point is this. If this Cup race is the same weekend as the start of ISW, would that hurt or help attendance at any ISW events, especially that Saturday night?

I couldn't care less about Cup at KY Speedway personally.

Vukie 8/10/10 1:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seadog (Post 188855)
My point is this. If this Cup race is the same weekend as the start of ISW, would that hurt or help attendance at any ISW events, especially that Saturday night?

I couldn't care less about Cup at KY Speedway personally.

Lawrenceburg for sure. Especially for fans who book motel rooms.

Charles Nungester 8/10/10 1:31 PM

they've had the nationwide race and truck races same night at burg races. Didn't hurt much if at all

Racer12 8/10/10 1:47 PM

I dont think it will affect ISW much, but that is real close to when the Brickyard is. I am not a big fan of the Brickyard 400 but it does have a huge impact on the local Indy economy. I was not able to park many cars in my yard this year for the race. Now with a cup race so close to indy and a few weeks before they run here, NASCAR just screwed IMS! JMO

Bob Shutt

Dyno Don 8/10/10 2:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Nungester (Post 188857)
they've had the nationwide race and truck races same night at burg races. Didn't hurt much if at all

Nationwide and Truck races do not draw squat for crowds in comparison to a Cup race. A NASCRAP Sprint race could cause problems.

REH24 8/10/10 2:14 PM

When Ky tried for a Cup race at first didn't NASCAR balked because of being so close to Indy they thought it would hurt the attendence, now they have them schedule 3 weeks apart. Time sure have changed, will be interested just to see how this plays out in attendence for Indy.

REH

Seadog 8/10/10 3:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REH24 (Post 188866)
When Ky tried for a Cup race at first didn't NASCAR balked because of being so close to Indy they thought it would hurt the attendence, now they have them schedule 3 weeks apart. Time sure have changed, will be interested just to see how this plays out in attendence for Indy.

REH

Will the BY 400 date be moved in '11? I guess it would be on July 31 if they don't?

I'm thinking if they have ISW at the 'burg on July 8th, maybe some of the NASCAR crowd could wander over that Friday night and put some a$$es in the seats.

Just thinking out loud here.