IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Tips on get getting bladder ou (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=103313)

Mikeymike76 3/12/18 11:31 PM

Tips on get getting bladder ou

Of the tail tank, looking to change the gaskets on my tail tank and not sure how to get it out.

jdull99 3/13/18 12:45 AM

Re: Tips on get getting bladder ou

Imagine yourself as a monkey & its a football...:D...but real slowly...srsly I think maybe one of those screwdriver type "hooks" for getting rubber hoses off radiators work good if you can catch the threads perfect, so as not to effect them, but it may help either removal or re-installing...I 4get...haven't done it for long time...need to someday...I will await more replies here with any info better than I've provided...possibly a powder or can't imagine WD-40 or some type of spray would hurt...obvsly surgically clean it all b4 re-assembly...

flatout 3/13/18 6:29 AM

About the best description ever

jjones752 3/13/18 10:30 AM

If you just need to change the gaskets you may not have to get it all the way out; last time I took mine out my less-than-hundred-pound wife got dragged around the garage like a steer wrestler, hanging onto the tank for dear life while I tried to extract the bladder. I have to admire her tenacity. I hear baby powder helps (on the bladder, not the "assistant" :))...
Sprained my shoulder putting the new bladder back in; that top plate hole is smaller than you might think.

LRP36 3/13/18 2:05 PM

Put a hair dryer in it on for a few minutes...

wildman92 3/13/18 3:54 PM

Based on the thread title, these responses are totally not what I expected. 😂😂😂

kendirt 3/13/18 4:03 PM

I just pulled mine out last week.

Worked the fill neck out a little bit then worked back and forth squeezing down the front corners until I had them both out of the hole. Then both hands in the fill neck, both feet on the front of the shell, sitting on my roll around work seat pulled/pushed like real hard.

TQ29m 3/13/18 5:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdull99 (Post 490787)
Imagine yourself as a monkey & its a football...:D...but real slowly...srsly I think maybe one of those screwdriver type "hooks" for getting rubber hoses off radiators work good if you can catch the threads perfect, so as not to effect them, but it may help either removal or re-installing...I 4get...haven't done it for long time...need to someday...I will await more replies here with any info better than I've provided...possibly a powder or can't imagine WD-40 or some type of spray would hurt...obvsly surgically clean it all b4 re-assembly...

There has to be a better way than the way I tried, or should I say the many ways I tried, maybe that's why they ship new ones with the note inside, "some assembly:47: required"! Bob

copper14 3/13/18 5:16 PM

when you put it back together cut the heads off some 3in bolts the size you need.put them into the bladder holes .makes it all go back together easy using the studs. do the same thing putting a motor in.CG

Mikeymike76 3/13/18 9:23 PM

Think maybe I can just slide the gasket on? I was thinking that too. But I am worried I won't get all of the old gasket off.