IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Apologies to Tim Lynch and Nick Speidel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=72845)

martz32 10/14/13 4:54 PM

Apologies to Tim Lynch and Nick Speidel

I am apologizing to both Tim and Nick and their race team and families for a personal attack I made against them through a text Saturday night at Brownstown. I do not in any way defend my actions. I made a very bad mistake and am very sincere in apologizing.

The two of you have had one of the greatest TQ seasons of anyone in history and I apologize for in any way taking away from that with a stupid remark.

I apologize to Brett Hankins as well for dragging him into the situation.

I embarassed my car owner Roger Ramsey, my family, and most of all myself with these comments and am shamed for that.

Sincerely,
Tate Martz

racefan20 10/14/13 5:02 PM

Re: Apologies to Tim Lynch and Nick Speidel

I dont know a thing about this situation but I do know it takes some ballz to come out in public and apologize for a mistake like that.

badcoupe 10/14/13 5:28 PM

I know a little of what happened and while I think it was a bonehead thing for to do, I don't know what tate said but I do know he's a stand up guy who I've grown with and respect highly. It does take courage to apologize on here but thats the kind of guy he is and we all get caught up in the moment

martz32 10/14/13 5:31 PM

racefan20,

Thanks, but really they should be commended for not reacting and making the situation uglier. As for myself, what I did was a chicken****.

racephoto1 10/14/13 8:07 PM

Tate, way to man up. A lot of us out here need at different times to follow your lead. No, I don't know what was said, and don't need to. But for you to man up for your transgression is mighty impressive in my book.

#1Brad Kuhn Fan 10/14/13 10:01 PM

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Tate is one of the nicest guys in the pits. I do not know what was said. But I know Tate is a stand up guy and very respected in the pits and the things said this weekend shouldn't change that.

midget64 10/15/13 1:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1Brad Kuhn Fan (Post 355042)
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Tate is one of the nicest guys in the pits. I do not know what was said. But I know Tate is a stand up guy and very respected in the pits and the things said this weekend shouldn't change that.

From what I heard hes an a$$ hole and cry baby... jusst sayin

racefan20 10/15/13 2:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midget64 (Post 355088)

On the other hand someone who makes a comment like that without putting their name to it deserves no respect at all.

#1Brad Kuhn Fan 10/15/13 2:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midget64 (Post 355088)

Classy.

blue29 10/15/13 2:47 PM

It