IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Pevely. (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=113394)

chathamracefan 5/23/20 9:14 PM

Pevely.

Don’t know date yet but Pevely is having a usac show in coming weeks. Imagine they would allow close to 50% fans as I am at outlaw show tonight and it appears to be somewhere on that order. Maybe not 50 but more than the 700 tix sold for late model show a couple weeks ago.

revjimk 5/24/20 12:01 PM

Re: Pevely.

Watching both WoO & USAC on PPV, didn't see a whole lot of "social distancing" in the stands at either event... & ZERO face masks.
Not trying to restart the debate, but that makes me in less of a hurry to go back to the races (& I GREATLY prefer live to PPV!)

jonboat15 5/24/20 1:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revjimk (Post 528462)
Watching both WoO & USAC on PPV, didn't see a whole lot of "social distancing" in the stands at either event... & ZERO face masks.
Not trying to restart the debate, but that makes me in less of a hurry to go back to the races (& I GREATLY prefer live to PPV!)

You are always ready to start a debate, doesn't matter which board you are on. If you don't feel comfortable going to the tracks stay away. Don't judge people rev.
beezr2002

Jonr 5/24/20 1:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revjimk (Post 528462)

I watched the POWRi midgets and WAR sprints at Valley last night. When I bought the tickets it was announce as a limited ticket affair. They sold everybody and their mother a ticket last night and less than 5% (maybe 2%) were wearing a mask. Since I had a mask on and set off in a remote area, I was able to maintain good social distancing. However in the main grandstands it looked like any other special event show, and they were shoulder to shoulder.

If it was anything but a national midget show, I would have left.

jonboat15 5/24/20 1:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonr (Post 528466)
I watched the POWRi midgets and WAR sprints at Valley last night. When I bought the tickets it was announce as a limited ticket affair. They sold everybody and their mother a ticket last night and less than 5% (maybe 2%) were wearing a mask. Since I had a mask on and set off in a remote area, I was able to maintain good social distancing. However in the main grandstands it looked like any other special event show, and they were shoulder to shoulder.

If it was anything but a national midget show, I would have left.

I appreciate your point of view. hope you enjoyed the racing

sw1911 5/24/20 1:40 PM

So a national midget show affected your risk tolerance?

Jonr 5/24/20 2:50 PM

Yes. Risk versus reward.

interpreter66 5/24/20 3:25 PM

Please stop it before Peta gets involved, we have beat this horse to death! If you can go to the races and feel comfortable ,enjoy yourself. If you’re not able to or don’t feel comfortable with going then don’t go! END OF CONVERSATION

erich45 5/24/20 4:05 PM

I think the issue here is these events are promoted as following guidelines regarding limiting ticket sales, social distancing, etc, but once the gates open, it all gets ignored.

chathamracefan 5/24/20 4:14 PM

Can’t speak for the other tracks but Pevely was less than 1/2 capacity. Groups were spaced out and seating was every other row. They did sell more this week after the initial 700. I think they got approval for more. I’d guess there were 1500 there last night in a 5 or 6 thousand seat facility.