IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Weather??????? (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=11542)

Tim Watson 12/19/08 6:50 PM

Re: Weather???????

Here's what we got here in Wisconsin today. About a foot of snow with blowing and drifting. We had 9 people that couldn't make it in to work and schools were cancelled. When i left work the drifts were high enough that i couldn't open my car door without shoveling the :censor: snow away. Now we are looing at another 4-7" of snow tomorrow night and wind chills ranging from minus 20 to minus 34.

The good side to this winter disaster story is that when i got home my wife was almost done clearing the driveway with the blower and now i'm on my 3rd BEER. God i love her. :wink

micro94 12/19/08 8:38 PM

Here in Anderson its 7:30 and its not bad at all.A little windy but other than that roads are clear.

interpreter66 12/19/08 9:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Watson (Post 78155)
Here's what we got here in Wisconsin today. About a foot of snow with blowing and drifting. We had 9 people that couldn't make it in to work and schools were cancelled. When i left work the drifts were high enough that i couldn't open my car door without shoveling the :censor: snow away. Now we are looing at another 4-7" of snow tomorrow night and wind chills ranging from minus 20 to minus 34.

The good side to this winter disaster story is that when i got home my wife was almost done clearing the driveway with the blower and now i'm on my 3rd BEER. God i love her. :wink

she's defintley a keeper:applaud:

Speedwrench 12/19/08 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Watson (Post 78155)

Given the circumstances, that's got to be better the a deaf mute nymphomaniac who's father owns a licquor store and who's uncle owns a chrome shop.:wink

Onlydirt 12/19/08 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Spencer (Post 78074)
Friday morning 12:10 am heavy rain turning to ice as it hits the ground, all roads solid ice. Police and fire having trouble getting around. I hope everyone is safe and warm.

Jerry #66j
www.joshspencer.com

I am so glad I was already home when this stuff started! The guys said it was Zamboni training exercises...in a crown vic. :O:

Bluteam 12/19/08 11:45 PM

30 miles South of Seattle. 15 degrees - 3" snow. Kids been out of school for 3 days. Wife won't drive to work. New dog won't go outside to pee. Expecting more snow tomorrow, with 50 mph sustained winds and 90 mph winds in the foothills.

WAY better than Florida last week. This is how December and Christmas is supposed to be. : )

illiNOISE 12/21/08 1:39 PM

12 degrees above, with a chill factor of -7 right now in Alton. I just got in from picking up downed tree branches out of our yard, and after about 10 minutes, I felt about half-frozen solid.

But there's no snow or ice.:thumb

AustinSprinter 12/21/08 2:13 PM

Back in Austin 16th,after Turkey Nite,Perris "Howard Mem., 2 wks in warm Yuma,ride'n 2 wheelers....Sat. here was 80*....Sun. am it's 40*...still,nothin compared to the East!!.........
_________
Brucer'

Jerry Spencer 12/21/08 4:55 PM

Last night at work it did not take long to freeze anything outside, today the wind is unbelievable one degree and around minus 20 with the wind. The wind is not supposed to lay until 7 am just in time for a mix of rain and snow. I have the kerosene heater going on the beer so as not to ruin it. Winter came in at 7:04 this morning with a bang. Wonder what al gore is inventing today. :angry-smiley-007:

Jerry #66j
www.joshspencer.com

Roger Hughes 12/21/08 5:40 PM

SNOW....you want SNOW...I'm in Brunswick, Maine. Just got the forcast on TV. 6 to 8 inches this afternoon. 10 to 12 inches additional tonight. At least it is warm, last check 7 degrees.

I will have to listen to DO Monday :dologob:on the net! Merry Christmas to all! :checkered:

Roger Hughes