IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Kevin Olson collection on American Pickers (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=125218)

revjimk 3/15/24 1:29 AM

Kevin Olson collection on American Pickers

Did anyone else catch Kevin Olson's collection on American Pickers? His kids are letting go of some of his stuff.. pretty interesting
And they're keeping a lot too :)

kb78 3/15/24 7:03 AM

Re: Kevin Olson collection on American Pickers

I went to watch it and found that I was a victim of modern streaming platforms, I do not have that channel, I will find it somewhere soon.

TQ29m 3/15/24 9:07 AM

Yes, I happened on to it on my Dish,lots of things, guess he was saving it for the kids ,brought back memories, good ones from the good days, had a neighbor kid who bought a new Vincent motorcycle about 1974,nice but noisy, he was a big kid and could handle it, ran karts in his home state back in the day, can't imagine how people collected all their stuff ,guess I must have had my mind to the grindstone

ronmil 3/15/24 11:13 AM

I have quit watching pickers, but I saw the episode was about a famous race card driver, so I watched.
Very interesting. Quite a collection.

Chief Wahoo 3/15/24 11:38 AM

One of his helmets had his blood type on the back. Was that common back then for racers to do?

CRA91 3/15/24 12:24 PM

Yes back in the day a lot of drivers would have it on their helmet and uniform.

TQ29m 3/15/24 1:35 PM

If I remember correctly, Mike bought a hat for a hundred and a Hinchman dirt track suit for five hundred, and offered 40k for the Vincent motorcycle, and 28 hundred for the Kawasaki, but was declined on both, I have some Hinchman dirt track suits from that era, I might part with! Lol

jdull99 3/15/24 6:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TQ29m (Post 572681)
If I remember correctly, Mike bought a hat for a hundred and a Hinchman dirt track suit for five hundred, and offered 40k for the Vincent motorcycle, and 28 hundred for the Kawasaki, but was declined on both, I have some Hinchman dirt track suits from that era, I might part with! Lol

30 on the vincent and I gathered the Kaw sold...

Frank Reiner 3/15/24 8:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TQ29m (Post 572676)
Yes, I happened on to it on my Dish,lots of things, guess he was saving it for the kids ,brought back memories, good ones from the good days, had a neighbor kid who bought a new Vincent motorcycle about 1974,nice but noisy, he was a big kid and could handle it, ran karts in his home state back in the day, can't imagine how people collected all their stuff ,guess I must have had my mind to the grindstone

The last motorcycle produced by Vincent was in 1955.