IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dave Darland (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=65250)

ljbennett63 12/22/12 12:10 PM

Dave Darland

I listened to an audio interview on TheDirtChannel.com concerning DD the other day, and he announced his plans for this coming summer. He will drive for Steve Phillips in the USAC Sprint Division, Don Fike in selected USAC Midget races (including the Chili Bowl) and he's hoping to get back with Galen Fox in the #56 for the Silver Crown races next summer. He gave no clue as to why he and Jeff Walker went their separate ways. Maybe $$$, but who knows for sure. DD shouldn't have to fight for a ride every off season.

treecitytornado 12/22/12 12:27 PM

Wow, good luck to a great man, I enjoy running against when I get the chance!
I thought Stanbrough was going to drive for Phillips? Any word on what he is doing for sure?
Thanks

Posted via Mobile Device

Dr. Brown's Sprint C 12/22/12 1:14 PM

Re: Dave Darland

I understand that Stanbrough may be driving for Paul Hazen next summer, and that Hazen may have a two car team

K-Dawg30 12/22/12 2:02 PM

Its a sad day when 2 of the all time greats in the sport are struggling to get rides when people who have money that havent proven themselves are doing great. JMO

Dave and Jon will both be winning next year no matter what they drive.

quicktime3 12/22/12 4:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-Dawg30 (Post 313048)
Its a sad day when 2 of the all time greats in the sport are struggling to get rides when people who have money that havent proven themselves are doing great. JMO

Dave and Jon will both be winning next year no matter what they drive.

Who are these drivers, who have money and are doing great, yet haven't proven themselves? I'm sure plenty would be interested to hear.

Someone spends the money for each car to be on the track. They get to make the decisions. If one wants to be the guy who makes the decisions, one can own a car. I don't think any need to defend their decisions to people on a message board...

awon24 12/22/12 7:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Brown's Sprint C (Post 313038)
I understand that Stanbrough may be driving for Paul Hazen next summer, and that Hazen may have a two car team

Just wondering where you heard this? I think Paul has his hands full funding 1 car, let alone 2. I do like the sounds of Jon and Paul hooking up again. I hope that part is true.

racegal 12/22/12 7:50 PM

Speaking of Dave Darland, Does anyone know when the first New Zealand race is? Thanks!

treecitytornado 12/22/12 7:54 PM

I agree on Jon and Paul together again, but can't see Paul funding 2 cars either.

Posted via Mobile Device

racefan20 12/22/12 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racegal (Post 313066)
Speaking of Dave Darland, Does anyone know when the first New Zealand race is? Thanks!

The day after Christmas(NZ time) but supposedly a typhoon is supposed to pass close by so who knows. I think Wed evening there is early AM here.

chad1miller 12/23/12 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Brown's Sprint C (Post 313038)

I hope that Stanbrough and Hazen can team up again..that would be awesome.