IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Kyle Larson (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=111948)

Rich Mersereau 11/30/19 2:59 PM

Kyle Larson

***. how do you start a new team with a chassis nobody else has and win 3 stacked USAC National Midget Races. Foyt? Andretti? Tony? Nope. Kyle Fricken' Larson :22::22::22: Congrats Yung Money You = The Man :9::9::9:

Bill Angel 11/30/19 8:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Mersereau (Post 523204)
***. how do you start a new team with a chassis nobody else has and win 3 stacked USAC National Midget Races. Foyt? Andretti? Tony? Nope. Kyle Fricken' Larson :22::22::22: Congrats Yung Money You = The Man :9::9::9:

agree with all but the chassis, pretty sure Pickens is also running the King chassis

percynz 11/30/19 8:48 PM

Re: Kyle Larson

The King chassis is well established as a leading chassis in the New Zealand Midget scene.

Pickens car here in NZ is a king chassis. Several other drivers also run the King chassis. The likes of Larson, Bell and Courtney have all driven King chassis during the international midget series and have been extremely complimentary regarding their performance.

Charles Nungester 11/30/19 9:51 PM

Not taking anything away from Kyle.
But he won that race because it stayed together.

Canon Macintosh had the car to beat and went from 8th to first pretty quickly. Was clearly handling the best and EVEN WITH A BROKEN RR radius rod was able to beat everyone but Larson.

Canon drove off from Kyle and Bayston every time until that radius rod broke.

Heck of a drive by that young man.

That being said, Congrats to Kyle Larson, Everyone of those teams and drivers took a beating last night. Im no fan of Sheepsfoots but it would have made a huge difference in that roller coaster of a track if they ran it and ran it often.

revjimk 11/30/19 10:33 PM

Larson is amazing... winning on that ROUGH track from 13th?
Third in a row....:22:

wobbler 11/30/19 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Angel (Post 523208)
agree with all but the chassis, pretty sure Pickens is also running the King chassis

And so is Carson Macedo and Chase Johnson.

flagboy55 11/30/19 11:00 PM

I have to agree, Larson is amazing! I don’t want to disagree with Chuck but I’m pretty sure Kyle wins regardless of how many radius rods you give young McIntosh. But I’m agreement the kid drove a hell of a race. I just wish Bell was there. Meanwhile they’re both running wings tonight in AZ. We’ll see how that shakes out

Rpracing1 11/30/19 11:55 PM

Pretty sure King Chassis phone ringing off the hook .

jdull99 12/1/19 1:32 AM

I'd say it sounds like he drove a perfect race...kept his equipment under him (read that he "biked" it but caught it & Idt did it again...& I know he spun on his 2nd Q lap, but then got thru 100 laps; to win it!!!).

Assuming his phone has been ringing from Rick Hendrick for the #48...

Chief Wahoo 12/1/19 2:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flagboy55 (Post 523217)
I have to agree, Larson is amazing! I don’t want to disagree with Chuck but I’m pretty sure Kyle wins regardless of how many radius rods you give young McIntosh. But I’m agreement the kid drove a hell of a race. I just wish Bell was there. Meanwhile they’re both running wings tonight in AZ. We’ll see how that shakes out

Larson wins, he’s on an amazing roll. :22: