IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Looks like WOO going to have a good group of racers in 2018 (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=101888)

nathans1012 11/12/17 5:56 PM

Looks like WOO going to have a good group of racers in 2018

It appears the WOO Sprints will have a god group of full time travelers next year in 2018 plus some other WOO news as well.

2018 News
National open will pay $56K to win & $1K to start
Jackson Nationals will pay $40K to win & $3K to start
Port Royal will have a 2 day show in late October
Dodge City Raceway Park in Dodge City, Kansas - Saturday, October 20th 2018
Terre Haute Action Track in Terre Haute, Indiana - Saturday, October 13th 2018
Fairbury American Legion Speedway in Fairbury, Illinois - Date tba
KKR back in 2018 with both cars.

Possibly 17 / 18+ full time racers & likely the deepest field since the early 2000's.
Jacob Allen
David Gravel
Sheldon Haudenschild
Jason Johnson
Clyde Knipp
Dane Lorenc
Ian Madsen
Brent Marks
Paul McMahon
Parker Price-Miller
Daryn Pittman
Donny Schatz
Logan Schuchart
Shane Stewart
Brad Sweet
Greg Wilson

Kraig Kinser - tba
Jason Sides - tba
Stenhause SWR #17 - tba
Kerry Madsen - tba
Joey Saldana - tba

miledirt 11/12/17 8:00 PM

Re: Looks like WOO going to have a good group of racers in 2

WoO coming to Fairbury next year...and a return trip to the Jacksonville bullring

Maybe Rico in the WoO next year?!

captrat 11/12/17 8:07 PM

Who does not love a parade? Been around this sport for 50+ years. The WoO has become the greatest hoax and ultimately the greatest detrimate to sprint car racing since aero became more important factor. A very smart friend of mine once said "when perception becomes reality we are in deep doodoo"!

nathans1012 11/12/17 8:57 PM

Also heard WOO might be releasing their 2018 schedule on Winged Nation this week. Not sure on that though.

dsc1600 11/13/17 12:01 AM

Saldana in the Rudeen 26 for 60 races, mostly WoO but will run other shows as well/.

If Rico runs the tour, that will be a big pickup.

I hope Gravel can continue to get better, Schatz has needed a rival for years.

Stevensville Mike 11/13/17 6:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captrat (Post 485316)
Who does not love a parade? Been around this sport for 50+ years. The WoO has become the greatest hoax and ultimately the greatest detrimate to sprint car racing since aero became more important factor. A very smart friend of mine once said "when perception becomes reality we are in deep doodoo"!

Ahhh.... Ye of little faith. Don't give up the ship so easily.

If Schatz wasn't running, there would be so many mixes and matches of winners and comers and goers. Just like when Steve Kinser ruled the roost. Or Mark and Karl Kinser. Or Sammy's best years. But Donny is there and he has to be dealt with every round.

Ebb and flow. Highs and lows. Goods with the bads.

Me? I've seen some parades in both wing and non-wing. But then you have nights where your jaw is in your lap. THOSE nights keep us coming back.

Can't wait for the full sched to be released. Can't wait for Volusia Speedway Park in February and the opening rounds. I just hope they keep the cars on the track side of the fence this time. No one needs what happened this past time there. Trust me - you'd like to be there if you could. :)

Rich Mersereau 11/13/17 6:48 PM

i'm glad when Dad first started taking me to the track we never cared what type of racing it was. Like it or not winged sprint cars are fun to watch. :31:
p.s. my first World of Outlaw race Steve Kinser had an open trailer. True story.

motorhead748 11/14/17 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captrat (Post 485316)

Lol! That's funny... I've seen good & not so good races both wing and non wing. But I just don't see how you can denigrate a series that can allow close to 20 drivers and crew to make a fair living doing what most would consider a dream. As to your assessment of the racing being a parade, name another series that had 20 different winners, averaged 38 cars over a 90 race season, and 13 lead changes in the last 2 laps.
I havnt been around quite as long as you but it's close and in that time I've owned & drove my own car and others but now I'm just a fan. I've also been around long enough to know sprint car racing and maybe all dirt track racing owe a debt of gratitude to 3 men, those are Ted Johnson, Earl Baltes and Ralph Capitani. Those 3 set the standard and brought along every track up with their efforts.

nathans1012 11/14/17 10:04 PM

Fairbury (IL) American Legion Speedway - Wednesday, May 30th 2018 <> Per WOO on Facebook
Lake Ozark (MO) Speedway - Friday, May 4th 2018 <> Per SLS Promotions Twitter page

Kydehart 11/16/17 1:29 AM

As another said, Saldana to Rudeen for a true outlaw ~60 race season. Kerry Madsen back in the big game 2 for a similar schedule. Thought Kraig Kinser was alluding towards another year with outlaws at world finals. Paul McMahon in what car? Haven't heard that one as PPM is taking over the Destiny 4. SWR 17 driver tba but nice to see the deal with NOS energy. I hope they get their stuff together. As far as the parade nonsense, you clearly were not in attendance at the May WoO race at Lawrenceburg. Race of the year contender. No aero stuff there. Just a rough track and drivers hanging it out. I also can't wait for the Terre Haute date. The hot laps will be worth the price of admission. So much speed.