IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   usac this weekend. (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=104200)

sprintcarjim 5/15/18 2:53 PM

usac this weekend.

Just wondering what the car count might be this weekend, at tri-city,and pevely? Anyone have any thoughts?

racenut69 5/16/18 10:26 AM

Re: usac this weekend.

These races got rained out last year,so let's just be glad they are coming back!....Go and enjoy the show!...:)

Simon_says17 5/16/18 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racenut69 (Post 493926)
These races got rained out last year,so let's just be glad they are coming back!....Go and enjoy the show!...:)

Aaand cancelled the year before that. I did notice though that these two races are $6,000 to win and $600 to start though (as opposed to the typical $5,000 to win and $500 to start). Almost an extra $8,000 added to the overall purse (possibly from the Brandt sponsorship?). $1,000+ all the way to 8th. Maybe this will help guys feel a little bit better about the trip over to the St. Louis Metro? Here's to hoping!

It looks like the WAR guys have the weekend off, unless i'm missing something? Maybe we can get a few of those guys to come out. I would think Clouser at least would consider it since he's made his way to Indiana for some racing. I'm trying to think of guys that have experience at these tracks as well (in midgets and winged sprints). Maybe Joe B Miller? Daum? Terry Babb? Logan Faucon (not sure if his car is back together after his big ride at Brownstown)?

All that said i'm going to go ahead and say Bacon might be the favorite for Tri-City at least, with his experience on the track. This is going to be many of the USAC guys' first time on that 3/8th and Pevely too.

opnwhlmnd 5/16/18 11:19 AM

The canceled show two years ago was just Granite City as I-55 was not a part of that.

Think most of the top USAC guys have experience at Granite from the Gold Crown days. The first couple of Gold Crown years they ran non-wing sprints also. I know Windom took a nasty ride in a sprint during one of those sprint shows.

Top USAC guys that I know of that have ran at I-55 are Bacon, Darland, and Courtney. Ballou may have ran an Outlaw show there but can't remember correctly.

IndianaSprintFan 5/16/18 12:00 PM

I think ballou ran with WoO just a few weeks ago at i55

Simon_says17 5/16/18 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd (Post 493929)
The canceled show two years ago was just Granite City as I-55 was not a part of that.

Think most of the top USAC guys have experience at Granite from the Gold Crown days. The first couple of Gold Crown years they ran non-wing sprints also. I know Windom took a nasty ride in a sprint during one of those sprint shows.

Top USAC guys that I know of that have ran at I-55 are Bacon, Darland, and Courtney. Ballou may have ran an Outlaw show there but can't remember correctly.

Yep that's right. Last year was the first time Pevely was scheduled. Makes so much more sense to do the 2-day weekend. Hopefully it can thrive, survive, and be a yearly fixture on the USAC sprint calendar.

I would say some have experience, but not most.

I guess we can add Seavey to that list that has experience at I-55 but I guess he'll be in the midget at Belle-Clair. I think I saw Briscoe would be there too? Wish one of the two would be in the 5 car.

miledirt 5/16/18 12:26 PM

Saw where Chase is going to be at Marion in a midget

Simon_says17 5/16/18 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndianaSprintFan (Post 493931)
I think ballou ran with WoO just a few weeks ago at i55

Yeah that's right. Didn't make it out of the C.

chathamracefan 5/16/18 3:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd (Post 493929)

Was Windom the one that stuck it in the front stretch fence? I was at the Gold Crown either the 2nd or 3rd year of it & one of the non wing cars took a hard ride into the front stretch fence. I thought he was coming right on through it but fortunately the cables did their job & kept him in bounds. It was scary though.

illiNOISE 5/16/18 3:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chathamracefan (Post 493942)
Was Windom the one that stuck it in the front stretch fence? I was at the Gold Crown either the 2nd or 3rd year of it & one of the non wing cars took a hard ride into the front stretch fence. I thought he was coming right on through it but fortunately the cables did their job & kept him in bounds. It was scary though.

I think you're referring to the Kent Schmidt Gold Crown high flyer.The fence still hasn't really been repaired.