IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   USAC National Sprint Cars to Brownstown Speedway in 2008 (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=1507)

FOR4 10/17/07 1:21 AM

Re: USAC National Sprint Cars to Brownstown Speedway in 2008

Thank you . I have often thought about things like this.. I will say more later....and not on a public message borad....Thank you...Thank you.

cecil98 10/17/07 5:30 AM

Youll probably have a support class...Chris Nunn

I think it's wise to have "A" support class, especially since it's not a regular sprint car venue. It doesn't hurt to have the extra fans that the class will bring in and the pit gate that comes with it. Also, it'll provide concession/potty time for sprint fans while that class is running and vise versa. Add to that, it will also keep those fans who are not "class specific fans" entertained the entire evening.

Dirtfan 10/17/07 7:11 AM

As we all know Brownstown is a tin top track, lets all hope that SPRINT CARS go first so one is not there till ??? after the support class runs. JMO.

Knoke77 10/17/07 7:17 AM

Nothing like a good sprintcar race really close to home!

And Dan please don't get the tin top vs sprintcar debate going. If they run them first then they run them first. If not we just have to live with it. :D :Steer

Bruce Harrison 10/17/07 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knoke77 (Post 14599)
Nothing like a good sprintcar race really close to home!

And Dan please don't get the tin top vs sprintcar debate going. If they run them first then they run them first. If not we just have to live with it

Amen! Thanks to Tim Keithley for stepping up! :applaud:

Sprint Fan 10/17/07 12:27 PM

I am probably going to be the only person on here that would actually like to see a USAC & Late model ONLY event!

I think that would be totally awesome! :thumb:

:checkered:

Mr. Happy 10/17/07 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprint Fan (Post 14623)
I am probably going to be the only person on here that would actually like to see a USAC & Late model ONLY event!

You're not alone! Bring on the late models!! :thumb:

cecil98 10/17/07 12:57 PM

I am probably going to be the only person on here that would actually like to see a USAC & Late model ONLY event!.....Sprint Fan

No sprintfan, You're not the only one. I think it's a great show when both sprinters and late models are on the card together. When I promoted L'Burg, we ran late models and sprints every Saturday. However, times have changed! I would pay the late models about 60% of what I paid the sprinters and I would get 40 of 'em and 30+ sprints. That was our regular show. It would be tough to pay'em both nowadays and keep prices reasonable for the fans (for a regular show, that is).

D.O. 10/17/07 1:58 PM

I would guess sometime in May.

E.P. 10/17/07 6:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprint Fan (Post 14623)
I am probably going to be the only person on here that would actually like to see a USAC & Late ONLY event!

Your not the only one who would like to see the late models. I cut my teeth back in 83-89 traveling with the tin tops when UMP was still gaining momentum. But then I joined HARF for $10 and went to my first ever Midget race at IRP. I've never looked back. Back then Brownstown was the place to be on a Saturday night. As I recall that Godsey name was around back then with Ray at the wheel. :respect: