IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   pretty cool (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=51228)

kcarm92 8/1/11 9:09 AM

pretty cool

saturday at lps i always give my trophys away when i win , as i did saturday but back in the pits as we was loading cars a man and his two boys came up he said his son had something for me he said i gave him my trophy couple of races ago he races 1/4 midgets he won the hall of fame 50 lapper at his track and he wanted me to have his trophy since i gave him mine, i got it on our shelf at work so people can see it, pretty cool:8:

mod4s 8/1/11 9:14 AM

Re: pretty cool

that's pretty cool! good karma

racefan20 8/1/11 9:18 AM

Now that is cool!!! :6:

Blackduce 8/1/11 9:54 AM

This could be the racing story of the year! Really feels great to hear this. Perfect roll model.

Thanks Lynn

SHORTBUS 8/1/11 9:58 AM

That right there is the way it should be done.GREAT JOB :6:

Mud Packer 8/1/11 10:02 AM

This is exactly what separates short track racing from other sports.:6: I commend you on being a role model to young fans and glad to see that you were "rewarded" for your generosity.:9: There needs to be more of this to help bring new fans on board. Thanks for sharing.

Bill Gardner 8/1/11 10:06 AM

Wow! Isn't it amazing how the small things in life can have such a large impact. Congrats on the wins Kenny both on the track and off. Well done!!!

Tim Watson 8/1/11 10:26 AM

If i would have been there to see that i think it would have brought a tear to my eye. That is a great story. :6:

davidm 8/1/11 10:36 AM

That is just so cool! Racing people are the greatest! :6:

Great Scott 8/1/11 11:16 AM

Reading this made my day. Very cool!

IndyBound 8/1/11 11:33 AM

Can't say what I am feeling any better than Mike and Bill already have.
Very Cool!!!!!

767 8/1/11 11:48 AM

Great story! I'm sure that ment more than the win. Things like this are why I live at the short tracks.

jim goerge 8/1/11 12:00 PM

Kenny good job on the track and a great job off the track ! :8:

Panama 8/1/11 12:12 PM

That is one of the coolest racing stories I have ever heard, and I have been around a little while.

Kenny, that proves you are a GREAT ambassador to the sport we all love!

Thank you! :6:

Jerry Shaw 8/1/11 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcarm92 (Post 245471)
saturday at lps i always give my trophys away when i win , as i did saturday but back in the pits as we was loading cars a man and his two boys came up he said his son had something for me he said i gave him my trophy couple of races ago he races 1/4 midgets he won the hall of fame 50 lapper at his track and he wanted me to have his trophy since i gave him mine, i got it on our shelf at work so people can see it, pretty cool:8:

That's one of the neatest stories I've ever seen here on IOW.:8: Written by a true racer. I mean, think about it, how many guys can get in that many different types of race cars and be competitive in all of them? Kenny, Jr.'s probably second in that category. Kenny's act of kindness obviously made a hell of an impression on the kid.

It says a lot about that kid's parents, too. They've obviously taught their kids the value of gratitude and giving back. I bet that boy ends up being successful at racing and whatever else he does in life.

Jerry

SprintManDave 8/1/11 1:57 PM

That is one of the best examples of 'Paying it forward' that I have ever heard,and I have been telling people for 40 years that short track racing people are the greatest in the world. Thanks for sharing ,Kenny.

Danny Burton 8/1/11 3:21 PM

Kenny Carmichael is a winner, both on and off the track.

Dirtfan 8/1/11 4:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Burton (Post 245540)
Kenny Carmichael is a winner, both on and off the track.

Couldn't have been said any better:6:

openwheelKT 8/1/11 5:16 PM

That's a great story. Thanks for sharing.

Sprintwatcher 8/1/11 10:10 PM

Very Kewl !!:6:

Pushtruck 8/1/11 11:18 PM

Nice story Kenny. I'm thinking there will be a lot more kids getting your trophies in the weeks, months and years to come. You still got it... you know... for an old guy. :3:

MORGAN 8/1/11 11:18 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

backitin 8/2/11 6:32 AM

Very cool, stuff like that makes racing what it is. Our local speedway "promoter" was/is so cheap that a few years back I took a bunch of my nicer mx trophies had some speedwaybikes flo jeted and converted them over to Speedway trophies, so as the kids would get trophies. Five, six years later I still have kids come up to me to thank me again saying them trophies are the coolest yet. I love giving back to the sport, cause what goes around, well you know the rest. I have some photos with all four kids after their main event with they're trophies held high and they're faces glowing, worth every second I spent making them when I should have been working on our race equipment. Nice job, bro.

JEFFSTOY 8/2/11 9:11 AM

thats what short track racing needs more of. GREAT JOB KENNY.

jim goerge 8/2/11 1:28 PM

You know we all talk about the races we have seen so far this year. I myself think this story just got my vote for race of the year. Again Kenny Great job! :8:

CROSSED FLAGS 8/2/11 3:11 PM

Is this the same Kenny Carmichael I grew up with? Just kidding buddy, you have always been a great friend and person. Glad to see it come back to you. Rusty

outlaw13 8/2/11 7:35 PM

Very Cool!:8: