IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR at LA. (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=119531)

TQ29m 2/4/22 5:39 PM

NASCAR at LA.

I gotta see some of this 😩.

IndianaSprintFan 2/4/22 10:16 PM

If your old school raise hell and praise dale, I wouldn’t bother watching. This is a gimmick race to attract new fans, LA, a DJ. Clearly are going after a new crowd. Outside of all of that I think think it could be entertaining

racenut69 2/4/22 11:55 PM

Re: NASCAR at LA.

I agree about the gimmick thing......:11:
Quote:

Originally Posted by IndianaSprintFan (Post 548651)
If your old school raise hell and praise dale, I wouldn’t bother watching. This is a gimmick race to attract new fans, LA, a DJ. Clearly are going after a new crowd. Outside of all of that I think think it could be entertaining

TQ29m 2/5/22 11:37 AM

I got a preview this morning, it was compared to a turtle race, I've not seen any for a long time, probably be a snoozer, but what the hay, every one's entitled, right 😀

Charles Nungester 2/5/22 12:05 PM

Seen a twitter of a couple laps of four cars, Blaney, Elliott among the four. Looked like Old Burg that got dry slick. You could ride a good bike around the corners faster. That being said, I'll check it our.

TQ29m 2/5/22 4:33 PM

Could be kinda like watching reruns of Lawrence Welk 🤔.

Stevensville Mike 2/5/22 5:03 PM

Like it or not, card well played by NASCAR. The Super Bowl is there in LA next weekend and they also have us talking about it on IOW. The whole deal/series is a gimmick. It goes w/o saying. Gimmicks will get the ratings and the short term gain. Let us see where the long haul leads them with gaining fans.

Us.... we have bigger fish to fry: The No Way Out debacle, the new wingless series to combat USAC, losing Plymouth Speedway to (back to) pavement.....

nathans1012 2/5/22 7:18 PM

I watched practice this morning on FS2. It was decent given the circumstance. I would think once the heat races and Clash start tomorrow it will be ok all things considering. They practiced in 3 groups and each group had three 8-minute sessions. It wasn't as bad as I intially thought it would be given the track is flat with only 2.5 degree of banking. It did have this local short track feel to it except for being in a large stadium. Going to be some beating and banging for sure. A lot of people have been wanting them to go back to more short tracks. Maybe this is a start. Along with the re-building of the old North Wilksboro Speedway that is getting a huge facelift that is helped in part by the North Carolina government that granted them $18 million for the project.

The one thing that intrest me the most is the thought of the USAC Silver Crown cars racing at North Wilksboro on the same card with the NASACR Whelen Modified Tour once the major facelift and re-building is done on National TV or on FloRacing. :D:D

Charles Nungester 2/5/22 8:38 PM

Practice to me was encouraging, it was clear that at times they were playing nice and letting the faster car by, But there were some move em out of the way moments, and they increased almost three seconds from the start of practice to the last practice for 68mph avg. With eleven cars on track each practice it was doable. we'll see how 26 work out in the feature.

I's a heat, consi and feature format, so I'll give it a chance.

wingless1 2/6/22 12:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
October 11, 1945 URA midgets had 55,000+ spectators show up for a show at the Coliseum , Ed Haddad won the feature. Will NASCAR out draw that show?