IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Ohio Sprintweek (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=104856)

Kinser11 6/20/18 7:59 PM

Re: Ohio Sprintweek

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backitin (Post 496481)
Most of us try not to. To a true wingless fan ( fan being short for fanatic) we could care less about winged racing.
Just speaking for myself a true nonwing fanatic. A nonwinged car and a winged car are two completely different beasts.
Now for who ever is ready to jump in with "a true race fan likes all racing" my middle finger is raised.

I thought a True Non Wing Car Did not have a cage on it. Am I missing something? Or is this some New Indiana only thing?:15:

flagboy55 6/21/18 12:16 AM

I consider myself a true "sprint car fan" that includes wings, non, pavement, dirt. I have preferences. Anyone that doesn't care about winged racing is only cheating themselves. The quality of racing across the board, I would say for the most part is getting better. If you're only watching non wing your missing some good sprint car races. 94 once again comes through with an intelligent response, as always. And the best part is David Mitchell liked it! I will say this however, it seems, to me at least, the wingers may hold as much of a bias as some of the non wing crowd. Both are missing out

revjimk 6/21/18 4:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flagboy55 (Post 496515)
I consider myself a true "sprint car fan" that includes wings, non, pavement, dirt. I have preferences. Anyone that doesn't care about winged racing is only cheating themselves. The quality of racing across the board, I would say for the most part is getting better. If you're only watching non wing your missing some good sprint car races. 94 once again comes through with an intelligent response, as always. And the best part is David Mitchell liked it! I will say this however, it seems, to me at least, the wingers may hold as much of a bias as some of the non wing crowd. Both are missing out

True dat! I asked my Chili Bowl neighbor, who's a Hoosier (nice rhyme) why he didn't like wings & he said "thats cheatin' " I asked an Iowa guy at Knoxville if he liked wingless, & he replied "no, too slow"

revjimk 6/21/18 4:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david mitchell (Post 496499)
Brent Funk speaks the truth.He is wise Sage.

Yea, when he's sober ;)
(Sorry Brent, couldn't resist....:9: )

revjimk 6/21/18 4:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flagboy55 (Post 496515)

However, Eastern Storm always draws good crowds in Pa., who love it. Plus I've met lots of Pa. fans at Indiana Speedweek & Smackdown
Brent introduced me to a couple from England who fly to Indiana THREE TIMES EVERY SUMMER for racing!! They were wingless purists too. I mentioned big contingent of Aussies & Kiwis at Knoxville Nationals every year... their reply? "Yea, they like wings... thats why we kicked them out"....

brsteg 6/21/18 11:28 AM

I like tin tops; dirt late models or NASCAR. I like sprints; dirt, paved, winged, or non-winged. I like Indy Car. I basically like anything with an engine except the straight liners don't really turn me on.

SPRINTCAR 6/21/18 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david mitchell (Post 496494)
I like backinitin for his style and honesty.I like Gyatk 94 for his well thought out piece.I like both,with a caveat,good winged racing on big tracks is rare.Almost always they are good on short tracks.Traditional sprint cars are usually good on both.Not non wing,not such a car.😆

You got it, IMO there are sprintcars and winged sprintcars. What else is there besides spec classes like Race savers and such.:6::23: :47: :22:

brsteg 6/21/18 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPRINTCAR (Post 496549)
You got it, IMO there are sprintcars and winged sprintcars. What else is there besides spec classes like Race savers and such.:6::23: :47: :22:

I come more from the Ohio area so if you say sprint car everyone you are talking to is dreaming about wings... so I usually explicitly say non winged sprint car or winged sprint car unless I'm referring to a sanctioning body.

SPRINTCAR 6/21/18 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kinser11 (Post 496507)
I thought a True Non Wing Car Did not have a cage on it. Am I missing something? Or is this some New Indiana only thing?:15:

That was a long time ago as safety took over. Besides there are no such thing as a non wing car................. it's a sprintcar. :31::32:

motorhead748 6/21/18 1:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brsteg (Post 496546)
I like tin tops; dirt late models or NASCAR. I like sprints; dirt, paved, winged, or non-winged. I like Indy Car. I basically like anything with an engine except the straight liners don't really turn me on.

Same for me, about anything involving internal combustion and I'm game. I'm also not a huge drag race fan but you should go see the top fuelers and funny cars. They are incredible to put it mildly.