IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   USAC & WoO to Sanction Gold Cup (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=89118)

Vukie 12/10/15 7:38 PM

USAC & WoO to Sanction Gold Cup

http://www.badlandsmotorspeedway.com...tion-gold-cup/

Andrew S. Quinn 12/10/15 7:42 PM

Re: USAC & WoO to Sanction Gold Cup

I saw Gold Cup,and thought it was Chico in California.

I've wanted to watch non wings at Husets,but not at those prices...........

Flatrightrear 12/10/15 8:51 PM

I'll have to consider hitting new territory and maybe go to this. Might be a one-time race and has the potential of being a lot of fun.

jim goerge 12/10/15 9:05 PM

I thought about going there but man at those prices, add in hotel, fuel there and back. :18: I'd have to give up several races around the state. :7:

Wallbanger 12/10/15 9:07 PM

Finally a USAC race in my backyard! We've been waiting for this for a long time!

kdobson 12/10/15 9:08 PM

No need to drive past Champ Cars and Corn Dogs at the Illinois State Fair Jim.

scottyCbus 12/11/15 11:00 AM

This Cat isn't driving all that way to pay $195 bucks for the whole 4 day event plus Hotel and Food and Etc. When in May I can drive 3 hours away and get both much cheaper and be at one of the Best Tracks in the Country Eldora and it's a 2 day event and use less vacation time and much less driving time which equals less gas!

Daboy 12/11/15 11:26 AM

Unless they figure something out to stop it, my plan is to buy a pit pass for $30-$40 and go where I want. :17:

miledirt 12/11/15 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallbanger (Post 433611)
Finally a USAC race in my backyard! We've been waiting for this for a long time!

So Silver Crown at Springfield during the day... guys fly to South Dakota for sprints after?

AERO410SCJA 12/11/15 12:57 PM

And this is why non wing racing doesn't have any high paying races,cuz tommy tight wads get on here and ***** about the price of the race.:15:

Andrew S. Quinn 12/11/15 4:59 PM

I probably better rephrase my comment. I don't care to pay those prices with the WoO on the same card. I have no interest in watching the WoO.

I like Husets and wouldn't mind watching non wings and or midgets there

Flatrightrear 12/11/15 7:10 PM

It's just great how people complain on here about the cost of going to a race. Everybody wants the drivers to have better paying races but "don't anybody put a hand on my wallet." Just don't go, simple as that. Do you really think a $100,000 total to win both classes will cost $30.00 to get in? This is a huge special event in the middle of nowhere and I applaud the promoter, like him or not, to take a chance and shake things up. That's the spirit this country was built on. The cost to drive to get there is a lot cheaper now than it was a couple years ago but that may change. If I go I'll fly. Can't spend the money when I'm dead.

Chris Nunn 12/11/15 7:23 PM

Earl Baltes paid a million to win for late models and tickets were 89 dollars.

How much did the mopar million charge for tickets?

I know there's a BIG difference. But I was just trying to compare prices between this event and those two

Charles Nungester 12/11/15 8:29 PM

[QUOTE=Chris Nunn;433698]Earl Baltes paid a million to win for late models and tickets were 89 dollars.

How much did the mopar million charge for tickets?

I know there's a BIG difference. But I was just trying to compare prices between this event and those two[/QUM

Mopar Million was a 80 dollar gate and 100pit show. and I know the admissions wouldn't have covered it. There might have been 15000 there for saturday. The LM's were near a sell out like the Kings Royals are. Near 30k fans

From what I understand about half the 996k purse was out of his own pocket.

Flatrightrear 12/11/15 10:55 PM

I may be wrong but I don't remember the Mopar pulling in anything close to 15,000, especially if the Kings Royal is around 20,000. I remember wondering where the really big crowd was, though. It was good but thought it would be better. Eldora will never release the attendance figures, that's for sure.

BrentTFunk 12/12/15 10:35 AM

If you want to go, go. If you don't want to go don't go. The people who have already commented about the price, I will reimburse you cost of your ticket if you commit today. If you end up not going anyway, you pay my way into the non wing show of my choice. Any takers? Areo you were right again.

Daboy 12/12/15 12:10 PM

I will be there one way or the other. A non wing race 5 miles from my house, no way would I miss it!