IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Question (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=79263)

dirt in ur beer 8/4/14 1:34 PM

Question

Anybody ever understand what it is that makes people act so stupid when tracks or sponsors give away free tshirts? Most of the time they have no idea what's on it and certainly no idea what size it is .

Rpracing1 8/4/14 1:43 PM

Re: Question

Alcohol.............

Danny Burton 8/4/14 2:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rpracing1 (Post 386820)
Alcohol.............

The above, mixed in with a silly desire to get something, anything, for free.

BigWheel7 8/4/14 2:22 PM

Because it's "fo free" and who doesn't like free stuff. Even if the shirt they throw are medium and larges and your a 3xl.

Charles Nungester 8/4/14 3:10 PM

Except for the Real Bacon Bit's thrown out at Midget Week...................

I don't get it either. Much prefer the trivia or ticket/arm band number give aways. Somebodys going to fall over the bleachers some day and sounding like my late grandfather. "Mark My Words"

SteelCore 8/4/14 3:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Nungester (Post 386828)

I don't get it either. Much prefer the trivia or ticket/arm band number give aways. Somebodys going to fall over the bleachers some day and sounding like my late grandfather. "Mark My Words"

Probably the only thing I've ever went nuts over! I are the bacon in the stands that instant!

dirt in ur beer 8/4/14 3:44 PM

We were up too high for the bacon bits to get to us !! I once saw a guy knock another guys hat n glasses off trying to catch what turned out to b a pink small tshirt! Here's the embarrassing part the guy that performed the assault rode there with me. To this day when they start throwing shirts I tell everyone around him to " hit the deck!" He hasn't tried to catch a thing since !!

Gregg 8/4/14 4:20 PM

Quote:

Okay. Guilty as charged. I got stupid over the real bacon bits. :3:

Rpracing1 8/4/14 4:29 PM

Quote:

The Bacon Bits were good...........I was handed a bag of them though......

wrtracing 8/4/14 5:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirt in ur beer (Post 386818)
Anybody ever understand what it is that makes people act so stupid when tracks or sponsors give away free tshirts? Most of the time they have no idea what's on it and certainly no idea what size it is .

I saw two guys that are both north of 75 years of age get mad about a free frisbee thrown into the stands. On a good day neither one of them could throw the damn thing 10 feet. You just have to wonder what they are thinking?

Sprintcarfanatic 8/4/14 5:25 PM

At Limaland 1 night I just happen to be going to the restroom & a t-shirt still in the package came down right in between the bleachers beside me, I scooped it up & kept on a walking. Gave it to a kid who was a fan of Tony Stewart.

Tumey's 55 8/4/14 5:52 PM

Go to a Pacer game and watch people sitting in seats which cost $100 and up react to a free T-shirt toss. That is a real head scratcher.

REH24 8/4/14 6:31 PM

Why do fans do what they do at any event. I had a jerk actually try to yank a pen out of my hand while waiting to get an autograph at Indy one year, luckily I had a good grip and he was unable to get it. I just don't get it as we are there at the event for the same reason and that's to have a fun time. Comes down to no respect for the other person.

REH

Flatrightrear 8/4/14 6:37 PM

Respect? Is this day and age? Like common sense it's pretty rare.

Mud Packer 8/4/14 6:44 PM

The only time I ever caught a t-shirt at the races, I gave it to the kid sitting in the row next to us. His mother opened it up and it was larger than the kid. She said that would be his PJ's for quite some time.:6: In looking at the kid you would have thought someone gave him a million dollars. I doubt if he has ever outgrown it.:3:

Charles Nungester 8/4/14 6:53 PM

Was coming up to the stairs under the bleachers at Waynesfield last year's Harvest of Sprints and a shirt in a bag flew through the stair opening and I caught it on the fly. Gave it to Gail Sorenson :) Guess that gift was topped last weekend :)

Jerry Shaw 8/4/14 6:59 PM

Making people compete with one another for "free stuff" has always triggered a dark part of human nature, in some. You see it more obviously, now, because there's a 24 hr news cycle and more coverage, but it's always been that way. 20 years ago I was working in retail on Black Friday at a place that was giving away free "Lion King" tapes to the first 100 people through the door. I saw people running over one another when we opened and a hell of a little scrap, on the floor, between two 30'ish women. Neither looked like they were anywhere near what you would call needy or poor. And it took three people to get them to let go of one another. Free stuff just tends to bring out the lowest common denominator.

Jerry

suzuki756 8/4/14 8:29 PM

Because people today are lazy and want everything for free they can get there hands on..... and common sence ... that's gone along time ago

racenut69 8/4/14 9:18 PM

Just call my 50/50 number and I'm happy!..I've got a closet full of T-Shirts and you are right,they never throw my size or my color(Large and NOT pink)!..LOL!