IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Lincoln Park Speedway - Season Opener - Rescheduled (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=76201)

LPS Insider 4/4/14 9:56 AM

Lincoln Park Speedway - Season Opener - Rescheduled

Due to track conditions we are rescheduling our season opener to Saturday, April 12.

We will have another Test and Tune on Thursday, April 10 from 5-9pm. This will be weather permitting, of course.

Looks like lots of sun next week leading into the weekend!

kcarm92 4/4/14 10:04 AM

thank you for early notice see you next week

Pine 4/4/14 10:08 AM

Great news

mike mcghee 4/4/14 10:08 AM

Re: Lincoln Park Speedway - Season Opener - Rescheduled

Steve,will this still be an mscs $4,000.00 to win race?

herbie42 4/4/14 10:15 AM

It's still 8 days away I'm sure Mother Nature will rain on us again usually how it goes!!!

LPS Insider 4/4/14 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike mcghee (Post 370159)
Steve,will this still be an mscs $4,000.00 to win race?

Yes Mike, still an MSCS $4000 to Win Show!

LPS Insider 4/4/14 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbie42 (Post 370162)
It's still 8 days away I'm sure Mother Nature will rain on us again usually how it goes!!!

Now herbie, don't be making any suggestions!

Kansasdirtfan 4/4/14 10:28 AM

Thanks for the heads up. Still planning to make Terre Haute tomorrow to be there for the Sumar, but unfortunately 2 weekend trips in a row won't be possible.

racefan20 4/4/14 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kansasdirtfan (Post 370167)
Thanks for the heads up. Still planning to make Terre Haute tomorrow to be there for the Sumar, but unfortunately 2 weekend trips in a row won't be possible.

Think I would wait for word from the track, being so flat THAT doesnt take water well. Luckily they have an extra day to work on it

Mattmac05 4/4/14 11:32 AM

What time will the test n tune be? Thanks

LPS Insider 4/4/14 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattmac05 (Post 370175)
What time will the test n tune be? Thanks

Test and Tune will be 5-9pm.

herbie42 4/4/14 1:45 PM

If the Burg gets there show in tomorrow there's absolutely no reason why putnamville couldn't have gotten the race in. Show a little effort disappointing.

Mud Packer 4/4/14 2:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbie42 (Post 370196)
If the Burg gets there show in tomorrow there's absolutely no reason why putnamville couldn't have gotten the race in. Show a little effort disappointing.

Absolutely no reason???????????? First of all you have no clue as to how much rain either speedway received. You also are trying to compare apples to oranges. Each speedway has a different make up and it many times has nothing to do with the track surface itself.

Have you taken the time to drive to each facility to see exactly the issues they are facing? I would think not. What is your qualifications for running a race track? Do you have any idea of what it takes to promote a speedway? Have you contacted either speedway and offered your services to help them get ready for race day?

There are still a number of tracks for sale and I am sure that with your attitude of getting it done or else, you would be a prime candidate to buy one of these facilities and run it. Since Lincoln Park has cancelled do you plan on going to Lawrenceburg to support their show since they plan on running?

I will wait for you answers to make a final judgement.

racefan20 4/4/14 2:10 PM

Took the words right outta my mouth Mike

kcarm92 4/4/14 2:14 PM

like them pulling the plug they had pratice on tuesday and its rained every day since they wasnt able to do any track prep so now when they could would probaly be sat am if lucky so would have been rough so either way sombody is going to ***** about it so just live with it and go on or like other post lease a track and become a promotor jmo

Bill Gardner 4/4/14 2:29 PM

Mike, I don't need wrong answers... I've already cast my final judgement. ;)

Charles Nungester 4/4/14 3:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbie42 (Post 370196)

This is the most ridiculous post I've ever read on here.
PVille has hillsides that drain into the track area, Turns 1-2 probably have about four feet of water in them. They might be able to get it drained out but getting the track packed in to where its not completely ruts would be nearly impossible. I remember they ran this race off two or three years ago and like five cars finished the track was so rough.
Nevermind that the quarry road washes out the pit lane and the pits are probably soft as heck.

Dozens of tracks have already called saturday. Burg and Pville are two completely different tracks, One is high banked with built in drainage and pumps. The other is built into two hillsides and Spiker spent a ton in drainage but i still wouldn't expect it to overcome the monsoons we've had.

Really, A Apology would be nice because them people have been top notch trying to get shows in and treating people well. :6:

Ty 4/4/14 3:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mud Packer (Post 370197)
Absolutely no reason???????????? First of all you have no clue as to how much rain either speedway received. You also are trying to compare apples to oranges. Each speedway has a different make up and it many times has nothing to do with the track surface itself.

Have you taken the time to drive to each facility to see exactly the issues they are facing? I would think not. What is your qualifications for running a race track? Do you have any idea of what it takes to promote a speedway? Have you contacted either speedway and offered your services to help them get ready for race day?

There are still a number of tracks for sale and I am sure that with your attitude of getting it done or else, you would be a prime candidate to buy one of these facilities and run it. Since Lincoln Park has cancelled do you plan on going to Lawrenceburg to support their show since they plan on running?

Best post I've read in a long time.

AERO410SCJA 4/4/14 3:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mud Packer (Post 370197)

:18:Somebody needs a nap,or maybe a race:D

Mud Packer 4/4/14 3:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AERO410SCJA (Post 370210)
:18:Somebody needs a nap,or maybe a race:D

Absolutely correct Aero. Since there is no racing, I'm heading in to take my afternoon nap.:6::3:

Charles Nungester 4/4/14 3:53 PM

Guess I was busy flaming where Mike already had his blow torch out.

Im not much on grilling anyone, Mainly because its the main reason I get when meeting people that they aren't posting here. Somebody's question might not be a dumb as it sounds. But that post was just plain disrespectful and something I'd never put up with. It's about like telling a electrician to stand in two feet of water and work on live lines.

herbie42 4/4/14 4:15 PM

When you work construction and have worked with dirt your whole life and have done soil stabilization I kinda know what it takes! There's been many times we've sealed over jobs and had heavy rains for a couple days and went right back to work. All I'm saying is what till at least the morning to call it with the wind today and the sunshine tomorrow it's gonna dry out. Even if you offer help like myself and a couple other racers have in the past about track conditions we just get the cold shoulder so yes I have offered to help thank you!!!! And the burg has gotten just as much rain as we've gotten. Just simply ready to go racing!!!

Bill Gardner 4/4/14 4:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbie42 (Post 370215)
When you work construction and have worked with dirt your whole life and have done soil stabilization I kinda know what it takes! There's been many times we've sealed over jobs and had heavy rains for a couple days and went right back to work. All I'm saying is what till at least the morning to call it with the wind today and the sunshine tomorrow it's gonna dry out. Even if you offer help like myself and a couple other racers have in the past about track conditions we just get the cold shoulder so yes I have offered to help thank you!!!! And the burg has gotten just as much rain as we've gotten. Just simply ready to go racing!!!

Have you ever been stuck in the mud "NEAR" your job site?

Charles Nungester 4/4/14 5:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Gardner (Post 370219)
Have you ever been stuck in the mud "NEAR" your job site?

Probably keeps trying to dig himself out and keeps sinking

Onlydirt 4/4/14 7:03 PM

In Indiana its silly to start before May...that goes for little league also. We still haven't had but 2-3 practices. ITs really wet folks.

Flatrightrear 4/4/14 8:21 PM

Got 6 inches in Evansville. I'm talking rain....HA HA.

K9Racer 4/4/14 8:43 PM

If they wait till day of and realize that it will be too wet, then they will get several complaints as to why they didn't cancel earlier. MR. "expert" would b#### because they didn't cancel earlier. If you are so experienced with dirt, you would be a shoe in for being a track owner or promoter. Several opportunities out there, put your vast knowledge to work and make a fortune. Sounds like you would do well in Washington (DC)! Hope you are just a fan that needs a racing fix. I can't imagine that you have any money invested, or you would understand what is going on in the REAL world.:) Oh, at that work site, did you race expensive race cars on a smooth fast surface. HELLO:21:

johnnythunderhead 4/4/14 9:55 PM

listen they gave ya all an early notice, rather than making you drive to the track only to be notifed then/ the usac opener is at Lawrenceburg, come check it out an quitcher bitchin!:deadhorse:

blue29 4/5/14 3:13 AM

Great decision and a huge thumbs up for calling it on Friday saves a lot of work for everyone and to throw in a test is also great, with decisions like this it looks like a bright future for LPS

BrentTFunk 4/5/14 8:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbie42 (Post 370215)

The track itself is only a small part of it. The parking and pit areas, maybe the septic system or food stands, could be the problem. I work in dirt ,but am far from an expert. Could you explain to me how to seal over a parking lot?