IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Channell 13 news at six Miranda (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=72589)

Jerry Spencer 9/30/13 5:56 PM

Channell 13 news at six Miranda

News at six Miranda is going to be on.

Jerry #66j

mscs20 9/30/13 6:34 PM

Re: Channell 13 news at six Miranda

What happened to the previous thread concerning this subject?

awon24 9/30/13 6:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Spencer (Post 353752)
News at six Miranda is going to be on.

Jerry #66j

http://www.wthr.com/story/23569607/2...zes-for-tweets

racefan20 9/30/13 7:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscs20 (Post 353760)
What happened to the previous thread concerning this subject?

It got taken down

davidm 9/30/13 7:52 PM

Nice to see that they used one of my photos in the story without my permission.

beliles66 9/30/13 8:05 PM

Everybody is totally for freedom of speech until someone says something that they disagree with. By threatening to boycott her sponsors, all you're doing is censoring people. I can't believe this is newsworthy anyway.

Gregg 9/30/13 8:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidm (Post 353768)

And they label the photo Amanda Throckmorton too.

cmakin 10/1/13 6:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidm (Post 353768)

Contact them for compensation.....and I am most certainly NOT kidding.

davidm 10/1/13 7:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmakin (Post 353790)
Contact them for compensation.....and I am most certainly NOT kidding.

I have contacted them will wait and see what comes from it.

SprintLuvr 10/1/13 10:33 AM

Everyone is all over Miranda about Boycotting her sponsors, why hasn't anybody said anything about boycotting Dean Mill's videos? He said very similar things on his facebook page and was even more ignorant about the situation, as he didn't even know the circumstances of Officer Bradway's death. At least Miranda has apologized for her tweets.

mowerman 10/1/13 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SprintLuvr (Post 353803)
Everyone is all over Miranda about Boycotting her sponsors, why hasn't anybody said anything about boycotting Dean Mill's videos? He said very similar things on his facebook page and was even more ignorant about the situation, as he didn't even know the circumstances of Officer Bradway's death. At least Miranda has apologized for her tweets.

I would expect something from DQ .:7:

Millsvideo 10/1/13 11:47 AM

All you people really need to get real lives and stop living vicariously through the actions of others on the Internet. I don't read this board anymore, and have to be told of things that go on around here. Facebook and Twitter make a place like this completely irrelevant. Completely.

That said, this forum is a haven for negativity, back biting, and sniveling. So many of you people act like 12 year olds here. You constantly bash people from the shadows, complaining about racers, racetracks, officials and more, incessantly tearing down the sport you love, all the while claiming to love it. You hide behind screen names and say critical, demeaning things you would never dare say to someone's face. It's so pathetic.

Miranda was thrown to the wolves over an opinion that many local residents shared in the wake of last week's shooting tragedy. Not everyone agreed, but some did. And the bulk of you are speaking about things you know nothing about, not living in the area. But you judge others anyway. It showcased one of our biggest problems in this country. Intolerance of a differing opinion. That Miranda, a 21 year old girl, who is a nice person, was subjected to threats because she voiced her opinion on her Twitter account is deplorable. The actions of this forum in response were disgusting. She was advised by an attorney to shut down her Facebook and her Twitter in the wake of all the hatred she was subjected to. And for what? Because she thought traffic could be handled better?

I love this sport as much as anyone, but sometimes the people in it can be such begrudging, hateful ignoramuses. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Say what you will.

"Judge not lest ye be judged yourself" - JH

DM

monkeyboy 10/1/13 12:01 PM

Post of the year dean mills.

PJ Wright 10/1/13 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Millsvideo (Post 353814)
All you people really need to get real lives and stop living vicariously through the actions of others on the Internet. I don't read this board anymore, and have to be told of things that go on around here. Facebook and Twitter make a place like this completely irrelevant. Completely.

That said, this forum is a haven for negativity, back biting, and sniveling. So many of you people act like 12 year olds here. You constantly bash people from the shadows, complaining about racers, racetracks, officials and more, incessantly tearing down the sport you love, all the while claiming to love it. You hide behind screen names and say critical, demeaning things you would never dare say to someone's face. It's so pathetic.

Miranda was thrown to the wolves over an opinion that many local residents shared in the wake of last week's shooting tragedy. Not everyone agreed, but some did. And the bulk of you are speaking about things you know nothing about, not living in the area. But you judge others anyway. It showcased one of our biggest problems in this country. Intolerance of a differing opinion. That Miranda, a 21 year old girl, who is a nice person, was subjected to threats because she voiced her opinion on her Twitter account is deplorable. The actions of this forum in response were disgusting. She was advised by an attorney to shut down her Facebook and her Twitter in the wake of all the hatred she was subjected to. And for what? Because she thought traffic could be handled better?

I love this sport as much as anyone, but sometimes the people in it can be such begrudging, hateful ignoramuses. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Say what you will.

"Judge not lest ye be judged yourself" - JH

DM

Who couldn't see that coming? Vintage Mills. :26:

racefan20 10/1/13 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Millsvideo (Post 353814)

Then why are you posting here Dean? BTW, congrats on your engagement.

Charles Nungester 10/1/13 4:58 PM

:44:

TeamCGR 10/1/13 5:29 PM

Wow, checked in today to see how everyone's doing and BOOM, Sh-t has hit the fan! I promise: Coleman had nothing to do with this:D... Tough deal for everyone. Sometimes things just happen that we all wish we could take back.

I hope all are well.... pg

PJ Wright 10/1/13 6:59 PM

To those that "liked" Dean Mills' post, I have a question. Early on in his rant he stated that this site, IOW, is "completely irrelevant". I would expect that from him, but if you agree why do you still visit and post? I sure wouldn't waste my time on a site that I felt that way about, so what am I missing? Monkeyboy, Spicoli, Jjones752, Don Short, anybody, please help me understand why you consider IOW "completely irrelevant"?
Just to be clear, I'm not trying to be a smarta$$, I'm just confused.

OnTheHammer 10/2/13 8:20 AM

This site is better off WITHOUT Dean Mills.

Dean is "completely irrelevant. Completely."

KRJoyce1 10/2/13 11:26 AM

PJ, Hope this will help clear up some of your confusion.

As an Advertiser on this board I do not consider it to be "completely irrevelent". HOWEVER, This quote from Dean was spot on.

"That said, this forum is a haven for negativity, back biting, and sniveling. So many of you people act like 12 year olds here. You constantly bash people from the shadows, complaining about racers, racetracks, officials and more, incessantly tearing down the sport you love, all the while claiming to love it. You hide behind screen names and say critical, demeaning things you would never dare say to someone's face. It's so pathetic".

I feel it has hurt this board and kept some of the profesionals of this sport who use and view this board (and don't stand behind a screen name) from posting what could be useful and helpful information to Drivers and Teams because you can damn well be sure that someone who does not have a dog in that particular fight will post some negative opion or something completely off topic just because they can and it all goes the wrong direction from there.

I enjoy this board and have since 2007. Just hate to see most of the topics turned into a pissing match for no reason.

If Bill posted a pole, I would guess that over 90% of the members would agree with that portion of Deans quote. THAT is why "I liked" Deans Post. I hope that anyone that agrees with me will like THIS post.

PJ Wright 10/2/13 11:40 AM

Ken; Thanks for your reply. I agree with you on the part of his post that you quoted. Unfortunately, the rest of it was, IMO, garbage. He states the one of the biggest problems in our country is that people are not tolerant of others opinions. He then goes on, as always, to lambast anyone who doesn't agree with his. After reaching deep into his vocabulary to insult many of the folks here, he finishes up with "judge not lest you be judged." I think anyone would be hard pressed to find a better example of arrogant hypocrisy than Dean Mills. With the exception of Congress of course.:)

Bill Gardner 10/2/13 1:12 PM

All of social media can be full of negativity but it can be very useful if people make it useful.

If you don't like the so called pissing matches or the people who start them... Learn how to "Report" the posts! It's very easy, anonymous and USEFUL to report a post. What IOW is... is what YOU (as a group) make it!

If you allow the negatives to outweigh the positives then IOW will eventually stop appearing in your web browser. I'm already retired/disabled/terminally ill... so why should I care.

fish 10/2/13 3:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Gardner (Post 353930)
... so why should I care.

There are hundreds of IOW faithful that still find this site relevant because we know that YOU do still care.

Millsvideo 10/3/13 1:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KRJoyce1 (Post 353916)

As an Advertiser on this board I do not consider it to be "completely irrevelent". HOWEVER, This quote from Dean was spot on.

"That said, this forum is a haven for negativity, back biting, and sniveling. So many of you people act like 12 year olds here. You constantly bash people from the shadows, complaining about racers, racetracks, officials and more, incessantly tearing down the sport you love, all the while claiming to love it. You hide behind screen names and say critical, demeaning things you would never dare say to someone's face. It's so pathetic".

I feel it has hurt this board and kept some of the profesionals of this sport who use and view this board (and don't stand behind a screen name) from posting what could be useful and helpful information to Drivers and Teams because you can damn well be sure that someone who does not have a dog in that particular fight will post some negative opion or something completely off topic just because they can and it all goes the wrong direction from there.

I enjoy this board and have since 2007. Just hate to see most of the topics turned into a pissing match for no reason.

If Bill posted a pole, I would guess that over 90% of the members would agree with that portion of Deans quote. THAT is why "I liked" Deans Post. I hope that anyone that agrees with me will like THIS post.

At least someone gets it. And there are others. To me, this board became irrelevant in the wake of Facebook and Twitter. I usually get any substantial information there far before it reaches here. Between that and the simple fact that trying to discuss anything around here without flaming is virtually impossible. Furthermore, this forum is ripe with ignorant, uninformed opinions by some very intolerant people. And it's not just THIS message board, it's message boards in general. When people don't have to face those they are criticizing/condemning/insulting, they say things they usually wouldn't. And often they do so without ever signing their name. Which is pure cowardice. I have long railed against that on the Internet.

I have also long stated that if any person wishes to take me task on any opinion I may offer, they can feel free to walk on up to me at any racetrack and we will discuss it like grown men. But, that NEVER happens. Instead, people like to take pot shots from the dark. Well, that tells me all I need to know about the kind of "man" I am usually dealing with.

None of this is said to impugn what Bill Gardner has created here, it's just a shame that people are so negative around here. Very rarely do they have anything positive to say. Excuse me for holding my chosen pastime in higher regard than that, but I do. I can do without all the hatred/slander/negativity about the sport I love so much in my daily life.

Millsvideo 10/3/13 1:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KRJoyce1 (Post 353916)

At least someone gets it. And there are others. To me, this board became irrelevant in the wake of Facebook and Twitter. I usually get any substantial information there far before it reaches here. Between that and the simple fact that trying to discuss anything around here without flaming is virtually impossible. Furthermore, this forum is ripe with ignorant, uninformed opinions by some very intolerant people. And it's not just THIS message board, it's message boards in general. When people don't have to face those they are criticizing/condemning/insulting, they say things they usually wouldn't. And often they do so without ever signing their name. Which is pure cowardice. I have long railed against that on the Internet.

I have also long stated that if any person wishes to take me task on any opinion I may offer, they can feel free to walk on up to me at any racetrack and we will discuss it like grown men. But, that NEVER happens. Instead, people like to take pot shots from the dark. Well, that tells me all I need to know about the kind of "man" I am usually dealing with.

None of this is said to impugn what Bill Gardner has created here, it's just a shame that people are so negative in this place. Excuse me for holding my chosen pastime in higher regard than that, but I do. I can do without reading all the hatred/slander/negativity about the sport I love so much in my daily life.

Again, say what you will about me and my opinion. I assure you I won't let it change how I see it.

Goodnight.

DM

Isaac Chapple Racing 10/3/13 1:46 AM

Hot laps for night one of the Gold Crown Midget Nationals start in about 17 hours.. Lets go racin!!

larsonfan 10/3/13 8:52 AM

Dean, have you and Ms. Throckmorton personally went to the widow and "face to face" told her how inconvenienced you were by the funeral procession? No? Why not? If all of us losers here on IOW are supposed to do that with you, that would make you a hypocrite. I'm glad you're not on this board. I've made some new friends, learned alot from others, and gotten some very useful info on here.
I have no sympathy for you or or her for getting criticised for your Twitter rants. You put it out for everyone to read. Twitter and FB are the joke here, not this board. Nobody cares what you did or think. You're part of the "its all about me" world.
I've purchased your videos in the past, not any more though.

Jerry Spencer 10/3/13 7:34 PM

Wow I had no idea this was what was going to happen, I posted it as an info deal so you could see what Miranda had to say.

Sorry Bill for the mess I caused.

Jerry Spencer 66j

B99 10/3/13 9:01 PM

You didn't cause any mess Jerry. Not at all.....

You posted information. Others posted opinion.

larsonfan 10/3/13 11:09 PM

QUOTE=larsonfan;353981]Dean, have you and Ms. Throckmorton personally went to the widow and "face to face" told her how inconvenienced you were by the funeral procession? No? Why not? If all of us losers here on IOW are supposed to do that with you, that would make you a hypocrite. I'm glad you're not on this board. I've made some new friends, learned alot from others, and gotten some very useful info on here.
I have no sympathy for you or or her for getting criticised for your Twitter rants. You put it out for everyone to read. Twitter and FB are the joke here, not this board. Nobody cares what you did or think. You're part of the "its all about me" world.
I've purchased your videos in the past, not any more though.[/QUOTE

To Jerry Spencer and Bill, I wish to apologize for the post I made this morning (see above). I wish I had "thought before I hit send", as they say. I didn't mean to cause any more bitterness. I have family in law enforcement, so I took the original subject probably a little too personal. I should have kept my mouth shut. My apologies - and I very much appreciate IOW.

To Dean Mills, I apologize as well, and I'll do it in front of everyone. I deserved your reply back, and my reply back to that wasn't very nice either. I will apologize to you in person next time I see you as well.

What I really love about IOW is the lack of nastiness that other sprint car sites have. I should have kept my mouth shut this morning.

Jeff King, Dayton, OH

Millsvideo 10/4/13 4:31 PM

I will apologize for my part in this as well...I am sorry for the disruption. I used a broad generalization and while I do think there is far too much negativity in this forum, it does not apply to everyone.

Peace.

DM