IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dave Darland (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=65250)

ljbennett63 12/22/12 12:10 PM

Dave Darland

I listened to an audio interview on TheDirtChannel.com concerning DD the other day, and he announced his plans for this coming summer. He will drive for Steve Phillips in the USAC Sprint Division, Don Fike in selected USAC Midget races (including the Chili Bowl) and he's hoping to get back with Galen Fox in the #56 for the Silver Crown races next summer. He gave no clue as to why he and Jeff Walker went their separate ways. Maybe $$$, but who knows for sure. DD shouldn't have to fight for a ride every off season.

treecitytornado 12/22/12 12:27 PM

Wow, good luck to a great man, I enjoy running against when I get the chance!
I thought Stanbrough was going to drive for Phillips? Any word on what he is doing for sure?
Thanks

Posted via Mobile Device

Dr. Brown's Sprint C 12/22/12 1:14 PM

Re: Dave Darland

I understand that Stanbrough may be driving for Paul Hazen next summer, and that Hazen may have a two car team

K-Dawg30 12/22/12 2:02 PM

Its a sad day when 2 of the all time greats in the sport are struggling to get rides when people who have money that havent proven themselves are doing great. JMO

Dave and Jon will both be winning next year no matter what they drive.

quicktime3 12/22/12 4:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-Dawg30 (Post 313048)
Its a sad day when 2 of the all time greats in the sport are struggling to get rides when people who have money that havent proven themselves are doing great. JMO

Dave and Jon will both be winning next year no matter what they drive.

Who are these drivers, who have money and are doing great, yet haven't proven themselves? I'm sure plenty would be interested to hear.

Someone spends the money for each car to be on the track. They get to make the decisions. If one wants to be the guy who makes the decisions, one can own a car. I don't think any need to defend their decisions to people on a message board...

awon24 12/22/12 7:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Brown's Sprint C (Post 313038)
I understand that Stanbrough may be driving for Paul Hazen next summer, and that Hazen may have a two car team

Just wondering where you heard this? I think Paul has his hands full funding 1 car, let alone 2. I do like the sounds of Jon and Paul hooking up again. I hope that part is true.

racegal 12/22/12 7:50 PM

Speaking of Dave Darland, Does anyone know when the first New Zealand race is? Thanks!

treecitytornado 12/22/12 7:54 PM

I agree on Jon and Paul together again, but can't see Paul funding 2 cars either.

Posted via Mobile Device

racefan20 12/22/12 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racegal (Post 313066)
Speaking of Dave Darland, Does anyone know when the first New Zealand race is? Thanks!

The day after Christmas(NZ time) but supposedly a typhoon is supposed to pass close by so who knows. I think Wed evening there is early AM here.

chad1miller 12/23/12 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Brown's Sprint C (Post 313038)

I hope that Stanbrough and Hazen can team up again..that would be awesome.

4wheelsinthekoosh 12/23/12 1:09 AM

You people are on high times. Pauls stuff is no where near jon driving caliber now. He has a good chassis but old motor/shocks/American racers. Not something you can or will win in every week. Hell even run up front in.

Posted via Mobile Device

5JMOFFATTFAN! 12/23/12 2:05 AM

Last I heard stanbrough was trying to work a deal out with clausons old crew chief

Posted via Mobile Device

reeserx 12/23/12 3:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4wheelsinthekoosh (Post 313076)
You people are on high times. Pauls stuff is no where near jon driving caliber now. He has a good chassis but old motor/shocks/American racers. Not something you can or will win in every week. Hell even run up front in.

Posted via Mobile Device

I've seen Paul's "old stuff" run up front at Kokomo in front of you plenty of times

Posted via Mobile Device

racegal 12/23/12 7:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racefan20 (Post 313074)
The day after Christmas(NZ time) but supposedly a typhoon is supposed to pass close by so who knows. I think Wed evening there is early AM here.

Thank you John! Scary about the typhoon!

Mark Kelly 12/23/12 10:11 AM

Hoping DD picks up a quality ride. Him and Elliott at Kokomo in '94 was where my addiction started, and it's been a great ride watching him ever since.

billw 12/23/12 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5JMOFFATTFAN! (Post 313078)
Last I heard stanbrough was trying to work a deal out with clausons old crew chief

Posted via Mobile Device

been hearing that also

racefan20 12/23/12 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billw (Post 313086)
been hearing that also

me too

awon24 12/23/12 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reeserx (Post 313079)
I've seen Paul's "old stuff" run up front at Kokomo in front of you plenty of times

Posted via Mobile Device

And at Gas City. If memory servers me correct, you were in victory lane once last season and so was the 57. Yep, that "old" stuff will never win.

By the way, Dick Kercher makes a hell of a motor. Just because you aren't a fan of him doesn't mean Paul's motor isn't capable of winning.

treecitytornado 12/23/12 11:50 AM

Not to add fuel to the fire Billy started lol, but what is wrong with American Racer Tires? They have been competitive and won races for years! Their retail pricing is still cheaper than Hoosier too!

Posted via Mobile Device

4wheelsinthekoosh 12/23/12 2:21 PM

All I am saying is that a guy with stanbroughs talent is not going to get in that out dated car end of story. As a driver you know who has nice stuff and who doesn't. There a lot of sh1t boxes out there with nice paint jobs. It like putting perfume on the pig at the end of the day it still is a pig. And lets be honest jt there not as good I have ran both. Oh and I have good friendship with the kercher family I ran there motors for years and we still do.

Posted via Mobile Device

racegal 12/23/12 2:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljbennett63 (Post 313029)
I listened to an audio interview on TheDirtChannel.com concerning DD the other day, and he announced his plans for this coming summer. He will drive for Steve Phillips in the USAC Sprint Division, Don Fike in selected USAC Midget races (including the Chili Bowl) and he's hoping to get back with Galen Fox in the #56 for the Silver Crown races next summer. He gave no clue as to why he and Jeff Walker went their separate ways. Maybe $$$, but who knows for sure. DD shouldn't have to fight for a ride every off season.

What number is the Steve Phillips Sprint car? Do you know? Thank you!

4wheelsinthekoosh 12/23/12 2:31 PM

Black 71P. The one that jerry drove last year.

Posted via Mobile Device

racegal 12/23/12 4:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4wheelsinthekoosh (Post 313115)

Posted via Mobile Device

Thank you!!! :8::8:

jason_rc_racing 12/23/12 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4wheelsinthekoosh (Post 313113)
All I am saying is that a guy with stanbroughs talent is not going to get in that out dated car end of story. As a driver you know who has nice stuff and who doesn't. There a lot of sh1t boxes out there with nice paint jobs. It like putting perfume on the pig at the end of the day it still is a pig. And lets be honest jt there not as good I have ran both. Oh and I have good friendship with the kercher family I ran there motors for years and we still do.

Posted via Mobile Device

I want to say something so bad, but I won't. Good luck billy I hope you never win a race again! You don't disrespect one of the most respected, not cool.

Posted via Mobile Device

chad1miller 12/23/12 11:31 PM

agree jason_rc_racing!

koolaid89 12/23/12 11:47 PM

Isn't that the same sh!tbox T-Mez took last to first @ Kokomo a couple years back Billy?:14:

reeserx 12/24/12 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koolaid89 (Post 313142)
Isn't that the same sh!tbox T-Mez took last to first @ Kokomo a couple years back Billy?:14:

I do believe from the back of the field as well

Posted via Mobile Device

4wheelsinthekoosh 12/24/12 12:07 AM

That was before he destroyed it five or six times. It was new then not worn out like it is now. Truth is a crashed worn out car is a crashed worn out car. Hell I have drove for paul. People are taking this as a shot at paul its not it was to state jon would not get into a car that isnt top notch. You guys can take shots at me I am fine with it. I speak my mind when most are biting there tongues I will lose fans for choices I make and things I say. There are very few who know me and thats okay. I would bet that very few fans really know (one on one) drivers they watch. Most racers try and be politically correct I have run sprint cars for 18 years I dont have to.

Posted via Mobile Device

chad1miller 12/24/12 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koolaid89 (Post 313142)

Is that the same Hazen car that won a track championship at gas city a year or so ago?

jason_rc_racing 12/24/12 1:38 AM

You know, I would take talent and one of your so called **** boxes over you and one of the best cars in Indiana. After checking gas city's results you got beat bout every week by an old blue car. Oh and by the way most of us know more than you think.

Posted via Mobile Device

awon24 12/24/12 2:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4wheelsinthekoosh (Post 313115)

Posted via Mobile Device

And the one Billy drove the year before and didn't do so well in. Must have been old equipment.....

Colin Casserley 12/24/12 6:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kelly (Post 313085)
Hoping DD picks up a quality ride. Him and Elliott at Kokomo in '94 was where my addiction started, and it's been a great ride watching him ever since.

I remember that meeting (Show) as well Mark, a great race that has cost us both a lot of money in air travel since! Always kept a look out for Dave Darland since then.

PAW 12/24/12 7:43 AM

New T-shirts for granson and myself. Cool! Go DD!

Posted via Mobile Device

racegal 12/24/12 8:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAW (Post 313155)
New T-shirts for granson and myself. Cool! Go DD!

Posted via Mobile Device

YAY!! I hadn't thought of that yet! New shirts!:8::8:

4wheelsinthekoosh 12/24/12 9:27 AM

Then maybe that old blue car should have won the championship then if he beat me every week. And I would say my record stands for it self in the phillps car. We won the pville clash the gas city mid season doubler the 09 lps champ finshed 5th in kiss points and didnt go to the last race. Pretty sure we racked up atleast 10 or more wins in the year and half we were togther so my time there wasnt a bust. There good people and I wish dave and them the best. Hell I never said any thing about roy or his car but since YOU put it in in the category heres some knowledge Hopkins turned down paul and the 57 to keep driving the 42. So where does that put it on your list. I did get to drive the famed 53 won the first night out so I will take my chances in a great car vs your heros in junk everyday. If you have anymore question about my driving check out the drivers standings on this site you will see I ran a lot less races and still finished in the top 15. Nothing you say or nothing I say is going to change anyones mind here so have a Merry Christmas and when the season start come by the trailer for a free tshirt.

Posted via Mobile Device

robert gatten 12/24/12 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4wheelsinthekoosh (Post 313145)
That was before he destroyed it five or six times. It was new then not worn out like it is now. Truth is a crashed worn out car is a crashed worn out car. Hell I have drove for paul. People are taking this as a shot at paul its not it was to state jon would not get into a car that isnt top notch. You guys can take shots at me I am fine with it. I speak my mind when most are biting there tongues I will lose fans for choices I make and things I say. There are very few who know me and thats okay. I would bet that very few fans really know (one on one) drivers they watch. Most racers try and be politically correct I have run sprint cars for 18 years I dont have to.

Posted via Mobile Device

There is so much wrong with this statement and attitude that i dare not speak my mind.:7:

Gene Franckowiak 12/24/12 11:49 AM

As a car owner, let me say this. My species is dying off and there are less and less of people like me every day. Talented drivers are finding it difficult to find a ride and a lot of young talent is sentenced to driving their own underfunded teams. What this sport needs is positive energy not negative thoughts. Paul Hazen is a very well respected car owner. I live in Pennsylvania and have heard tales of Paul's cars......how he has always done more with less. There was no need to bash Paul's equipment like that. Its great that Billy Puterbaugh Jr. thinks that because he raced for 18 years, it qualifies him to say whatever hurtful thing pops into his head. I have driven, owned, and sponsored sprint cars for 36 years and my equipment wasn't always good and drivers who thought like Billy made fun of it and me.......they all had a good laugh on Gene...called me "Junkyard Gene" and called my engines "Flea-Mar" because I bought parts at flea markets....a lot of drivers wouldn't drive my car because it wasn't good enough stuff for them.......well guess what times changed, my business boomed and now I have all top notch stuff and all the guys who thought my stuff was junk are lined up to drive it.....but Dave Ely, the only guy who believed in me, took my "junk" and over time worked with me to shape it into an awesome team and we have been together for 11 years....and alot of drivers who thought my stuff was junk are either not racing anymore or running a lower division.....so Billy Puterbaugh, Jr...........be careful what you say because life has a way of biting outspoken people in the ass......just a little advise from an old guy who has been bitten in the ass more than once :)

dirtnonwingfan 12/24/12 12:10 PM

This thread is such a perfect example of a good thread gone bad. It started out simply giving information on what a driver is going to do this year. It quickly degenerated into name calling and finger pointing. Can we have a little respect on here. If you want to trash talk, start your own thread, don't hijack another one.

monkeyboy 12/24/12 12:30 PM

A late December run for thread of the year?

Posted via Mobile Device

4wheelsinthekoosh 12/24/12 12:37 PM

Thread of the year might belong to "word around the campfire". But back of the real subject dave will win 8 to 10 races for steve and carla and they will have a great year.

Posted via Mobile Device