IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Woo car count bloomington (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=61707)

old timer 8/3/12 6:07 PM

Woo car count bloomington

What is the car count? I'm hearing not very big,bbut don't know.

dkdorkboy 8/3/12 6:11 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

sprintgal 8/3/12 6:13 PM

63 -- Chad Kemenah
1s -- Logan Schuchart
4s -- Danny Smith
29 -- Kerry Madsen
5w -- Lucas Wolfe
7 -- Craig Dollansky
9 -- Joey Saldana
70 -- A.J. Martin
15 -- Donny Schatz
4 -- Cody Darrah
48 -- Ty Deckard
4k -- Kody Kinser
1 -- Sammy Swindell
w20 --- Greg Wilson
71 -- Paul May
11k -- Kraig Kinser
11 -- Steve Kinser
55x -- James McFadden
7s -- Jason Sides 6 -- Bill Rose
83 -- Wes McIntyre

This is the qualifying order.

Posted via Mobile Device

miledirt 8/3/12 6:19 PM

Well, looks like my optimism was wrong!

Posted via Mobile Device

Motormasher 8/3/12 6:21 PM

All right Wes Mac:.....go gettem...way to step up to the plate :D

Posted via Mobile Device

miledirt 8/3/12 6:22 PM

Bloomington and Pevely are going to have to get away from this 360 Nats weekend on next years schedule. It's killing their car count

Posted via Mobile Device

Chris Nunn 8/3/12 6:24 PM

someone on this board (me) predicted 21 cars. dang im good!

Posted via Mobile Device

old timer 8/3/12 6:27 PM

Re: Woo car count bloomington

Sad!

KKinser99 8/3/12 6:31 PM

What a horrible car count! Some nonwingers should have strapped a wing on for some start money. Its around $500 I thought.

racin jason 8/3/12 6:34 PM

Start money used to be $800.

Posted via Mobile Device

treecitytornado 8/3/12 6:57 PM

Yes 800 to start.

Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 6:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:41 PM ----------

Brad Greer #3b. 22 cars now.

Posted via Mobile Device

BrentTFunk 8/3/12 7:03 PM

Not a great car count, but pretty good quality. Not many people can afford to run full time. Looks like they brought about 10 cars. I would not have expected much more. Did not expect too many locals due to expenses.

HurstBros0 8/3/12 7:23 PM

It would cost more than 800 to switch your equipment over... Tires , wings, shorter front axle, shocks, etc. It used to be show up and run. I am sure I will be told I`m wrong , but doesn`t the WOO have some sort of entry fee/ T.P. type fee that will discourage some. Besides who wants to spend a 1000 just to tag the tail?

treecitytornado 8/3/12 7:35 PM

Yes, buying all those Goodyears alone would be expensive!

Posted via Mobile Device

Vukie 8/3/12 7:49 PM

Only 16 cars at Eagle.

hoosierhillbilly 8/3/12 8:07 PM

I would guess blaney, Shaffer, and the few other allstars are in the plains waiting on their next event

Posted via Mobile Device

Bradleyracing86 8/3/12 8:31 PM

Surprised Briscoe isn't here. Show up and start for 800 isn't bad. You could get used good years.

Posted via Mobile Device

Sprintfan1985 8/3/12 8:54 PM

Non wing is more entertaining to watch most of the time and it costs a lot to switch everything over so most guys wont do it. The Kokomo Outlaws show was not very entertaining and was follow the leader most the time. I am suprised there were 21 cars with the knoxville nationals going on. Hopefully it will be more entertaining than kokomo's outlaw show. Non wing is where its at : )

HurstBros0 8/3/12 9:05 PM

"You could get used good years."

Sure you could... Steve and Randy will give you a truck load of Smoke`s good used tires . You can dig the old wings out of the shed and clean out the mouse nest`s. Change out the front axle to one of uncle Carl`s 5m 50 inch ultra lights. Find the best old Pro shocks in the milk crate under the bench. Swap torsion bars, tighten the valve lash up and bump the timing up a couple of degrees. Wrap some rags around the wing slider Scotty gave you because a rock had knocked off the hose fitting. Put some O-rings in the slider valve that you still have borrowed from Bush the monument man a couple of years ago at Lawrenceburg. After all that you still realize you`re gonna take a mule to the Kentucky derby. A man can only take so many blows to the ego in a years time... :47:

Dannypollock24 8/3/12 9:16 PM

Dash Finish: Saldana, Darrah, Sides, Swindell, Schatz, Wilson, Wolfe, Kraig Kinser, Logan Schuchart, Madsen.

Danny 24

Wallsracing 8/3/12 9:21 PM

Think god for local guys

Posted via Mobile Device

ThePurple73 8/3/12 9:24 PM

You could also use a CAE car and a plywood wing, probably start a new trend.

Vukie 8/3/12 9:35 PM

16 cars at the Belleville Midget Nationals.

Chris Nunn 8/3/12 9:36 PM

i feel like im at haubstadt right now. tractors and packers reworking the track for the second time

Posted via Mobile Device

Chubs Peterson 8/3/12 9:45 PM

NOt a great car count but a lot going on this weekend. For those that dont know,, Logan Schuchart is Bobby "Scruffy" Allen's grandson.

TBONE 8/3/12 9:57 PM

So glad they reworked the track for the modified feature...

Posted via Mobile Device

racefan20 8/3/12 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Nunn (Post 295160)
i feel like im at haubstadt right now. tractors and packers reworking the track for the second time

Posted via Mobile Device

They are making up for all those years that Miles wouldnt touch it after hot laps.

Chris Nunn 8/3/12 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBONE (Post 295167)
So glad they reworked the track for the modified feature...

Posted via Mobile Device

if you didnt like that modified feature, youre off your meds. what a race!!

Posted via Mobile Device

Diggsy 8/3/12 10:21 PM

Before that though the track straight up sucked right from hot laps.

Posted via Mobile Device

Slider812 8/3/12 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Nunn (Post 295160)

Posted via Mobile Device

SO!!!

Posted via Mobile Device

Dannypollock24 8/3/12 10:52 PM

A Finish 1-11: Wolfe, Saldana, Schatz, Sides, Darrah, Greg Wilson, Kraig Kinser, Logan Schuchart, Dollansky, Steve Kinser, James McFadden.

12-22: Danny Smith, Swindell, Madsen, Rose, Brad Greer, Paul May, Kemenah, Kody Kinser, Gerard McIntyre, Ty Deckard, A.J. Martin.

Danny 24

treecitytornado 8/3/12 10:55 PM

Awesome race! Great to see Lucas get his first WoO A-Main Win!! Awesome for his Dad, Randy, a great long time Sprint Car racer in his own right!

Posted via Mobile Device

smith19 8/3/12 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HurstBros0 (Post 295146)
"You could get used good years."

Sure you could... Steve and Randy will give you a truck load of Smoke`s good used tires . You can dig the old wings out of the shed and clean out the mouse nest`s. Change out the front axle to one of uncle Carl`s 5m 50 inch ultra lights. Find the best old Pro shocks in the milk crate under the bench. Swap torsion bars, tighten the valve lash up and bump the timing up a couple of degrees. Wrap some rags around the wing slider Scotty gave you because a rock had knocked off the hose fitting. Put some O-rings in the slider valve that you still have borrowed from Bush the monument man a couple of years ago at Lawrenceburg. After all that you still realize you`re gonna take a mule to the Kentucky derby. A man can only take so many blows to the ego in a years time... :47:

dan, you sound like you've done that once or twice. lol

oldbutnew 8/3/12 11:27 PM

The most boring night I have ever spent at Bloomington Speedway. I will not go to another WOO race ever.

Chris Nunn 8/4/12 12:19 AM

The heats were lackluster, but the feature provided for some drama. With Kinser flipping on the first lap, and then coming back to finish in the top ten, to Lucas Wolfe coming from nowhere to win it. I was pleasantly surprised tonight.

Big Willy 8/4/12 12:35 AM

Nunn I would sure like some clarification on your post... Are you upset that a track it is actually trying to better the racing surface or what?? It seems to me that persons like yourself that gets paid by racetracks yet have never taken the risk on the promotion side of things would applaud track owners trying to better the racing surface not dig on them. But maybe I misunderstood you post.

Flatrightrear 8/4/12 12:52 AM

I'm with you, Big Willy. Bloomington has been desperate for years to get the track re-worked during the program. It always looks like Salem after a heat or two.

beliles66 8/4/12 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treecitytornado (Post 295106)
Yes 800 to start.

Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 6:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:41 PM ----------

Brad Greer #3b. 22 cars now.

Posted via Mobile Device

Tonight was $650 to start for non regulars. That's what Billy Rose told me, anyway.

Chris Nunn 8/4/12 1:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Willy (Post 295221)
Nunn I would sure like some clarification on your post... Are you upset that a track it is actually trying to better the racing surface or what?? It seems to me that persons like yourself that gets paid by racetracks yet have never taken the risk on the promotion side of things would applaud track owners trying to better the racing surface not dig on them. But maybe I misunderstood you post.

I was happy as all get out to see the track being reworked. Sorry for the confusion.

treecitytornado 8/4/12 1:21 AM

Well, that could be, but they listed the payout for all 22 cars tonight, and last was listed as 800, so who knows. It's like why didn't Kraig take a provisional at Lernerville when he was right in the middle of a points battle. Things don't make sense sometimes.

Posted via Mobile Device