IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   More nascar crap (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=24367)

Wallsracing 10/7/09 9:41 AM

More nascar crap

http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/feat...sas/index.html

dirtywhiteboy 10/7/09 9:50 AM

Re: More nascar crap

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallsracing (Post 139809)

Luckily NASCAR didn't make a business decision to tell Keselowski to load up and go home.

We have a 9 page thread of opinions on how well that is received. :8::3:

Bruce Harrison 10/7/09 10:35 AM

Everytime I read something like this I become more and more convinced that this guy

http://www.chafee.net/ianchafee/real...ce_mcmahon.jpg

is now in charge of NASCAR...:19:

oldtimer 10/7/09 10:44 AM

This sunday the 31 guys not in"THE CHASE" should take the green flag then PARK THEIR CARS!This way they won't
be in the way!!!!!!!!!!!! Its not a race anymore, Its a SHOW!!!!

dirtywhiteboy 10/7/09 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Harrison (Post 139822)
Everytime I read something like this I become more and more convinced that this guy

http://www.chafee.net/ianchafee/real...ce_mcmahon.jpg

is now in charge of NASCAR...:19:

Not at all. Vince keeps things semi believable, Helton doesn't.

Go Fast 10/7/09 12:56 PM

The fix is in... every body place your bets.

It would be more entertaining to settle the points with a 36 man over the top rope battle royal.:33::15::34;

Didn't include the :34: cause low blows are illegal.:5:

watkinsgrady 10/7/09 1:20 PM

Nascar is a joke, last week a car barely touched the wall and out comes the yellow for 8-10 laps. Why people pay to watch this crap is beyond me.

interpreter66 10/7/09 1:52 PM

i can't believe ya'll watch that $hit:29::29::29:

dirtywhiteboy 10/7/09 2:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watkinsgrady (Post 139865)
Nascar is a joke, last week a car barely touched the wall and out comes the yellow for 8-10 laps. Why people pay to watch this crap is beyond me.

Obviously you haven't watched an IRL race in the last two years. It's the norm any more. That way the cars can pit under yellow and not worry about green flag stops

PJ Wright 10/7/09 2:59 PM

The year Alan Kulwicki(sp?) won the championship going into the last race the points were very close between Alan, Davey Allison and Bill Elliott. During the drivers meeting the rest of them were told that if they took out one of the 3 "they'd better track down the other 2 and take them out as well".

Onlydirt 10/7/09 3:18 PM

Get rid of the "CHASE" and the top 35 locked in crap. Then the phantom debris yellows and so on. Better yet get rid of NAPCAR!

cantc4mud 10/7/09 4:59 PM

Would much rather watch a D.O. Video!!! Nascrap has kill'ed the thrill for me...:15:

Stagger 10/7/09 6:32 PM

I can actually say I might have seen around 100 laps total all year. I too am amazed anybody watches that junk.

oldtimer 10/7/09 8:27 PM

Unlimited engine size,10 inch wide tires,NO spoilers.Race distance, 10 laps short of the second fuel stop.Top 43 qualifiers start, the rest GO HOME! NO Fuel MILEAGE RACING, NO PROVINIAL STARTERS. The guy with the BIGGEST
PAIR Wins!!!

racephoto 10/8/09 8:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PJ Wright (Post 139908)
The year Alan Kulwicki(sp?) won the championship going into the last race the points were very close between Alan, Davey Allison and Bill Elliott. During the drivers meeting the rest of them were told that if they took out one of the 3 "they'd better track down the other 2 and take them out as well".

LOL! Now you're trying to confuse everyone with FACTS! :8: :8: :8: I love it! :8: :8: :8:

Actually, I often wonder why so many people who berate NASCAR and claim they NEVER "waste" their time watching the races will "waste" their time posting comments about the series. Sounds like a bit of a contradiction to me.

dirtywhiteboy 10/8/09 9:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racephoto (Post 140051)
LOL! Now you're trying to confuse everyone with FACTS! :8: :8: :8: I love it! :8: :8: :8:

Actually, I often wonder why so many people who berate NASCAR and claim they NEVER "waste" their time watching the races will "waste" their time posting comments about the series. Sounds like a bit of a contradiction to me.

Speaking only for me, I remember what NASCAR use to be and was an avid fan of NASCAR of the 80's and early to mid 90's. I saw what it was becoming back as early as 95 when the manufacturers would whine about this advantage X brand had and X brand would whine about Y brands aero advantage and it just got to be a bunch of whining all around that turned me off. When NASCAR started giving a 1/4 inch more spoiler to this brand and a lower air dam (front spoiler) to that brand it just took away the fun. Build the car's bodies as they are on the road and leave it at that. If it doesn't work on the track then call up Detroit and talk with them about it. Now the COT (Car of Tomarrow or Crap on Tires) is nothing more than a spec car with decals on it as to what "brand it is". NASCAR overlooked on track actions that were obviously not correct such as driving backwards on the track twice under caution, refusing to take a ride in an ambulance after a barrell rolling accident, aggressive driving, cheating, rules infractions and it just made me lose interest. I knew of the Atlanta 92 in race rules, hell they were talked about during the broadcast. That's why I have often said NASCAR isn't real. Racers are racers and will race others. Now if they do it in a manner that obviously takes someone out then fine the drivers who wreck others and leave it at that but NASCAR won't becasue that will piss off a sponsor (mush like the aero rules changes of years before). If a car does poorly by the driver getting fined or the car not running up front NASCAR loses sponsors.

NASCAR has lost it's cedibility with this chase format. Thanfully USAC and others don't do that. It's just funny to see what once was the best form of motorsports in AMerica has become a 180 mph soap opera.

ryoung99 10/8/09 4:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtywhiteboy (Post 140055)
Now the COT (Car of Tomarrow or Crap on Tires) is nothing more than a spec car with decals on it as to what "brand it is".

You are correct, unlike Dirt Late Models and Sprint Cars where you can tell right away what brand they are.....

Almost all racing is now spec racing. That is a fact, I challenge you to tell me one "open" type of racing... it does not exist. What exists is different levels of specs.

I am curious, how does the complaining by the manufacturers compare to what goes on with Midget engines..... one manufaturer makes their turn more RPM's then the next wants CI increased for their engine to make it competitive..... same deal.

jim goerge 10/8/09 6:26 PM

:29::29:I have found out it helps me sleep after getting home late from real racing the night before

dirtywhiteboy 10/8/09 6:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryoung99 (Post 140114)
You are correct, unlike Dirt Late Models and Sprint Cars where you can tell right away what brand they are.....

Almost all racing is now spec racing. That is a fact, I challenge you to tell me one "open" type of racing... it does not exist. What exists is different levels of specs.

I am curious, how does the complaining by the manufacturers compare to what goes on with Midget engines..... one manufaturer makes their turn more RPM's then the next wants CI increased for their engine to make it competitive..... same deal.

In a nascar thread you jump to dirt late models and sprint cars :11: Not sure what that has to do with anything but if it makes you happy, then go with it.

Lucky161 10/8/09 8:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryoung99 (Post 140114)

Don't forget those modifieds. :)

I Miss Manzy 10/9/09 3:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim goerge (Post 140148)
:29::29:I have found out it helps me sleep after getting home late from real racing the night before

Absolutely,Jim ! I find that usually,somewhere between "Gentlemen,start your engines" and the third or fourth "If the race ended now",I'm out like a light. And,no one can say that sprint cars are in any way a "spec" form of racing. Does anyone know of a sprint car sanctioning body anywhere that mandates a particular chassis or engine builder?

aceace 10/18/09 1:26 AM

There was a time when I watched every race from lap 1 to the checker. That ended several years ago. Tonight I watched IU play football on the big ten network, much more enjoyable to watch something real. Nascar front office people do not understand racing. They think everyone is well.... quite stupid. I do watch the last 10-20 laps because that's the only time that some serious "mixing it up" happens. Even that's really not worth it anymore.

Gasman fan 50 10/18/09 2:10 AM

Boston Bob (RIP) Writer for Racing Wheels out of the North West, + NSSN
Knew that times had changed when a woman news writer asked him which one is Dick Petty? That is when Nascar died! Bob cried.:32:

Joe

DonRacer 10/18/09 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Miss Manzy (Post 140229)
Absolutely,Jim ! I find that usually,somewhere between "Gentlemen,start your engines" and the third or fourth "If the race ended now",I'm out like a light. And,no one can say that sprint cars are in any way a "spec" form of racing. Does anyone know of a sprint car sanctioning body anywhere that mandates a particular chassis or engine builder?

ryoung99 is right,

"Almost all racing is now spec racing. That is a fact, I challenge you to tell me one "open" type of racing... it does not exist. What exists is different levels of specs."

All sprint car series today have rules (specifications) that "Limit" the engines and fuel that can be used.

A sprint car series without engine-fuel specs would set it self apart from all other "Spec Engine Series Racing" like F-1, IRL, NASCAR, NHRA USAC, WoO etc

chrismattlin 10/19/09 2:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtywhiteboy (Post 139888)
Obviously you haven't watched an IRL race in the last two years. It's the norm any more. That way the cars can pit under yellow and not worry about green flag stops

Obviously, YOU haven't watched an IndyCar race in awhile- the last race went green to checkers.

dirtywhiteboy 10/19/09 2:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrismattlin (Post 141782)
Obviously, YOU haven't watched an IndyCar race in awhile- the last race went green to checkers.

I have watched every oval race in the IRL since 2004 and nearly 75% of the IRL events since it's inception. I think I know *** I am talking about.

One race does not a case make.

Tripcrwn 10/19/09 4:40 PM

I have never been a NASCAR race fan and I am 62 years old. I have always enjoyed open wheel, but there are times that I do check in on a NASCAR race mainly because of Robbie Gordon. But it seems every time I tune in I hear Darrell Waltrip shout "Boggity, Boggity, Boggity, lets go racing boys." Just to hear that sends me flipping to another channel. The broadcast team is terrible and the racing is so bad that it will never hold any interest for me. "Nuff said," - Stan Lee