IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   who is going to win sprint week?? (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=19564)

TRUCKER D 7/1/09 8:40 PM

who is going to win sprint week??

What is your gueses who will win it all? Stanbro might be a good one to win it all

sprinterxxx 7/1/09 8:51 PM

Re: who is going to win sprint week??

I would half to say either levi jones! or cole whitt:)

Great Scott 7/1/09 8:53 PM

Brady Short has been hot! He is a contender for the ISW title.

coachmeece 7/1/09 8:57 PM

id say levi jones or bc

micro94 7/1/09 9:03 PM

Id half to say DD or Clausen.Clausen has been driving the **** out of whatever he races this year.I really thought Darland would have more feature wins at this point with Benic but it just hasnt happened yet.Yet being the question.I think he will go on a streak before its said and done and look out when his streak starts.

turn4 7/1/09 10:19 PM

:69::22:

Azsprintfan 7/1/09 10:20 PM

Im gonna go with Clauson my long shot will be Boat.:6:

Pine 7/1/09 10:21 PM

I'll take BC..

bradleymotorsports29k 7/1/09 10:21 PM

i thnkk brady short will take it all

petey 7/1/09 11:56 PM

I'm not gonna say but this should be one of the most wide open Sprint Weeks ever. Clauson has shown speed all year, Hockett is as good as he's ever been wingless this season, and Team Foxco is coming to form again. Should be a awesome Sprint Week this year!

Mud Packer 7/2/09 12:01 AM

I am going to make a bold prediction here and say the fans will be the big winner.:16 I think this will be one of the most competitive sprint weeks in history. So many great drivers and teams that we can enjoy watching.:6: Qualifying will be big and the draw will be huge. I can't hardly wait to see the guys up on the wheel.:31:

Tbird4vkcc 7/2/09 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petey (Post 115339)
I'm not gonna say but this should be one of the most wide open Sprint Weeks ever. Clauson has shown speed all year, Hockett is as good as he's ever been wingless this season, and Team Foxco is coming to form again. Should be a awesome Sprint Week this year!

Jesse will be competing with ASCS National tour, which will put him in South Dakota on 7/11, then in Elma, WA on 7/17 and 7/18....probably won't catch The Rocket for this years ISW :( Good Luck JESSE! My pick for ISW would be BC or DD.

"Grip it and Rip it, just don't Flip it!":6:

Tbird

Michael#81 7/2/09 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tbird4vkcc (Post 115343)
Jesse will be competing with ASCS National tour, which will put him in South Dakota on 7/11, then in Elma, WA on 7/17 and 7/18....probably won't catch The Rocket for this years ISW :( Good Luck JESSE! My pick for ISW would be BC or DD.

"Grip it and Rip it, just don't Flip it!":6:

Tbird

Wow, that is really surprising he will not be running sprintweek. I thought he was going to try and win the USAC championship this year. He is running 3rd and not that far out so I thought for sure he would be a threat for the sprintweek title and the USAC title this year.

IndyBound 7/2/09 8:49 AM

I think DD will go on a winning streak during ISW, Susan will be there cheering him on; my second and third picks would be Jerry Coon Jr. and Chad Boat respectively.

Patti

Tripcrwn 7/2/09 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael#81 (Post 115344)
Wow, that is really surprising he will not be running sprintweek. I thought he was going to try and win the USAC championship this year. He is running 3rd and not that far out so I thought for sure he would be a threat for the sprintweek title and the USAC title this year.

Yes, I am surprised also. Wonder why he would leave Indiana when he is contending for the USAC title? And a real contender for Indiana Sprint Week. Gotta say I am disappointed. :7:

racefan20 7/2/09 10:58 AM

Bc :22:

arctic monkey21 7/2/09 11:20 AM

If the past couple of years are any indication it will be a battle between Levi, Darland and Stanbrough. I'm guessing Levi will win. He's already won at Haubstadt, Terre Haute and Bloomington this year and the lone USAC shows at Gas City and Lawrenceburg he was 2nd both races.

chillyrn 7/2/09 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tripcrwn (Post 115410)
Yes, I am surprised also. Wonder why he would leave Indiana when he is contending for the USAC title? And a real contender for Indiana Sprint Week. Gotta say I am disappointed. :7:

His focus all along was to run for the ASCS National title. ASCS was rained out a ton early on, which allowed him to run whenever and wherever (including a bunch of nonwing races). If the entire USAC sprint schedule was on dirt, the Rocket would no doubt be one of the top contenders for the title... but he doesn't have the pavement thing figured out yet. We'll see how he does the next three ASCS shows. If he struggles, I would think it would make more sense to stay closer to home and do ISW, as opposed to going 2,000 in the opposite direction! We'll see though...

Jerry Shaw 7/2/09 11:28 AM

Brady Short may be the hottest driver coming into Indiana Sprint Week, racking up quite a few wins and running really strong when he hasn't won. If he's within striking distance or has the lead when they roll into Haubstadt, you won't get me to bet against him.

Bryan Clauson has either won, almost won or finished well at every track, except Kamp this year. Plus, he's fresh off winning Midget Week. And hopefully he used his allotment of bad luck, early in the season. You'd better bring your work boots if you plan to out-strategize, out-think and then out-drive Bryan and Tim over a 7 race span.

Not only is Jerry Coons, Jr. the defending national sprint champion, he showed last year that he's capable of going on a tear and winning a bunch of races in a row. Even in this piranha tank of a series.

Levi Jones is one of the most consistent sprint car drivers of all time. Other competitors know that it's unlikely you'll beat Levi if you have even one bad finish in this series. Two mistakes and you're toast. Plus, he owns Terre Haute and has a lien on Haubstadt.

Dave Darland has represented excellence for so many years. Almost every start ends up being either a win or a quality finish. Competitors know that if they beat DD, they're going to have to earn it. Laying back, waiting for him to make a mistake is a losing strategy. Especially when he's driving a car that Benic's prepared.

Cole Whitt drives like he's 30. And he's done so, since he was like 15. He's Levi Jones-type consistent and way beyond his years in poise and ability. And this year, he's demonstrated more of a killer instinct. I wouldn't be surprised at all, if Cole wins Sprint Week.

When everything is in place and working well, Jon Stanbrough is the biggest fish of them all. Shane Cottle is right there in the same league as the biggest fish. We'll all benefit if those two teams hit their stride, over the next several weeks.

Plus, we have great drivers like Chad Boat, Brad Sweet, Robert Ballou, Jeff Bland Jr, Bill Puterbaugh, Damion Gardner, Nic Fass, Casey Shuman, Hunter Schurenberg, Shane Hmeil, Blake Fitzpatrick and Kurt Gross lining up at all of these venues to get their chance to prove that they're every bit as good as the guys mentioned above.

Who's gonna win this thing? I agree with Mike. All of us. Everyone that gets to go see the World Series of Sprint Car Racing.

Jerry

FishBurger 7/2/09 11:59 AM

Well now, there, then........since Jerry Shaw has already picked everyone else :15: , I guess I'll go with Gordy Lee while choosing Duke Cook as my long shot possibility. :3:;):3:

Charles Nungester 7/2/09 12:08 PM

Jerry Cooooooooons jr!!!!!!!!!:69::69:

DirtyD 7/2/09 12:40 PM

Levi Jones:22:

Jim Halpert 7/2/09 1:43 PM

Darland or Whitt :6:

cwfan08 7/2/09 2:08 PM

I would say whitt, DD, or bc..but its sprint week anyone can win right:6:

RGardner 7/2/09 3:15 PM

puterbaugh!!

racingirl 7/2/09 3:24 PM

STANBROUGH all the way!!!:22:

rclaridge 7/2/09 3:35 PM

I'm going with BC,but anyone who makes all the A mains had a good week.:22:

racegal 7/2/09 6:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyBound (Post 115386)
I think DD will go on a winning streak during ISW, Susan will be there cheering him on; my second and third picks would be Jerry Coon Jr. and Chad Boat respectively.

Patti

I like the way you think Patti!!!:6::8: Go Dave The Rave!!:22:

d17b 7/2/09 7:14 PM

Rambo or Coondog
Posted via Mobile Device

Hamby812 7/2/09 8:01 PM

I'm gonna take a long shot who has had an up and down year this year, but has proven he can run with the best of the best many times before. Plus only one other person has even mentioned his name, but I'm takin Jeff Bland Jr! He runs well at all the tracks and hes due for some good luck this year, things havent been goin to great for him and I think ISW will be his time to shine!

MAXIMHATER 7/2/09 8:19 PM

Levi is going to be tough but i'm pulling for Caleb Armstrong. he will be driving the jeff's jam it in storage number 11 good luck to all hope everyone stays safe and its a good week of racing :11::

VSneader2 7/2/09 8:52 PM

With Short running so well at bloomington and Lawerenceburg I would love to see him get his first ISW champion, would be an awesome way to follow up the KISS title.

FishBurger 7/2/09 9:03 PM

O.K., time to get serious here (since Jerry Shaw didn't take my bait earlier in the thread ;) ).

I'm pickin' Dave Darland, as I always do, and predicting big things from Bryan Clauson and Robert Ballou .

Also hoping for strong runs by Kyle Robbins and Chad Boespflug:22:

DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE 7/3/09 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRUCKER D (Post 115284)
What is your gueses who will win it all? Stanbro might be a good one to win it all

Jon Stanbrough or Brady Short, both have ran good all year. Dark horse Chad Boat

kylecumminsfan 7/3/09 3:55 PM

levi jones or BC.. im excited to get it started..

dirtfan98 7/3/09 7:30 PM

Gonna have to say my good buddy Jerry Coons Jr! Or Levi! Goodluck to all ready to see some great racing! :8: