IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   PowerI updates from Ill (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=15056)

speed9 3/28/09 10:12 PM

PowerI updates from Ill

Anyone have updates or resualts from the powerI show in Ill?

Tony74 3/28/09 11:47 PM

Re: PowerI updates from Ill

Over on maximumdirt.com there's updates for the Micro's
Maxdirt

Dwayne 3/29/09 12:22 AM

Midget feature is running now...about 20 laps complete. Loyet and Kuhn side by side at the finish. Brad Kuhn Wins!!! Big fight after the race.

mscs20 3/29/09 1:20 AM

who and why?

skids59 3/29/09 1:55 AM

Loyet ran over Kuhn. Kuhn awarded the win.

skids59 3/29/09 1:58 AM

Crowd very upset with Loyet's driving it was louder than the p.a. system.

K-Dawg30 3/29/09 2:32 AM

Does anyone have a run down? I would like to know how shane cockrum and kyle neal did?

ClaytonYeley 3/29/09 3:56 AM

Just got back from the track and man was it a wild one. Coons missed the show, Hines never was a threat to win. B.C. and Hud Cone looked really good in their heat races but broke early in the A. Last lap Loyet was in second and threw a huge slider on Kuhn and they made contact and Loyet made it to the finish line first. Kuhn then takes Loyet out in turn one after the race the both spin and Kuhn runs over to slug Loyet. They tell us that they are reviewing it and finally give Kuhn the win. Here is what I think, since both drivers preformed similar actions either no one should be penalized or both should and give the win to 3rd place.

petey 3/29/09 6:53 AM

Hey a typical night at the Mini-Mile!:eek:

I like both Brad's but I agree in giving Kuhn the win. However I heard some boos when they announced that he was the winner as well. Loyet is still the man at Du Quoin though, he was definitely the fastest car out there towards the end. Off night for Coondog.

Fisher79 3/29/09 9:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClaytonYeley (Post 94099)
Here is what I think, since both drivers preformed similar actions either no one should be penalized or both should and give the win to 3rd place.

I wasn't there. But, uh, it's a little different to do something before the checkered as opposed to doing it after.

winged and non-winged 3/29/09 10:33 AM

It don't say alot about a man's charactor when he goes up to someone and tries to beat up another person when he is in a defenseless position trying to get out of his car.... I have had an opinion of Brad Kuhn for several years, mainly since the Manzy drivers meeting years ago... But this incadent really shows what kind of piece of **** he is. He has all rights to be pissed about the on track incadent, but I have seen him do some of not-so-bright things in his career.

rocket5612 3/29/09 11:11 AM

You must not have seen Brad Loyet race much because the way he drives says more about his character than anything else and thats excluding his attitude, count that and he is even worse. I've seen Loyet wreck more race cars(usually his own, but also others) in his VERY short career than some drivers do in a lifetime.

Quote:

Originally Posted by winged and non-winged (Post 94126)
It don't say alot about a man's charactor when he goes up to someone and tries to beat up another person when he is in a defenseless position trying to get out of his car.... I have had an opinion of Brad Kuhn for several years, mainly since the Manzy drivers meeting years ago... But this incadent really shows what kind of piece of **** he is. He has all rights to be pissed about the on track incadent, but I have seen him do some of not-so-bright things in his career.

speed9 3/29/09 11:32 AM

Brad Loyet is a hard driver and more than once the two Brads have touched on the track. Loyet throwed a cheap slide job and took out Kuhns front end if thats racing all owners are going to be paying more in the future. Hard racing under controll is what the fans want to see, wheel to wheel dirt slinging not hitting or taking some one out just becase they think they are susposed to win or that they spent more money and deserve to win. Count the wrecks that Loyet has been in compared to Kuhns. Drivers meetings are just that and if something is not clear then get a ruleing off the track before the race, understand the rules as some tracks have different rules. I am a Brad Kuhn fan and I like Loyet he runs hard some times a little to hard, maybe last night was one of them nights.

DonMoore10 3/29/09 11:38 AM

The POWRi guys doubled the entry fee :crying: for this race. :thumbsdown: Is there a YouTube vid of them counting the money?

Tim Watson 3/29/09 12:11 PM

I think what everybody is missing here so far is this was the last lap of a race, and nobody no matter who they are or what happened to them in the past ever race for 2nd place. :Steer

dirt midget 3/29/09 12:20 PM

I've seen Brad Loyet race a whole lot of times! He drives extremely hard and wrecks some cars, I do not disagree. But his attitude outside a racecar does show what kind of person he and his entire family are! Polite, respectful, and very friendly people! His family will and does help out more people than you will ever know, and they do so because they are good people, nothing more and nothing less! Let's not start bad mouthing Brad Loyet as a person because he wrecks some race cars!

smr153 3/29/09 1:09 PM

loyet put it in there and got kuhns left front with his slider and then after that kuhn tried to hook loyets rear end and spin him out but it didnt work and brad crossed the line first. then they stopped in 1 an 2 and kuhn went over and hit brad in the helmet. so really they both did something wrong but i guess its ok to go over after the race if you dont like the finish and hit the guy in the face. loyet should of won.

Honest-Sam 3/29/09 1:12 PM

The post race portion of this story has a very familiar ring to it.

mortboyz 3/29/09 1:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonMoore10 (Post 94137)
The POWRi guys doubled the entry fee :crying: for this race. :thumbsdown: Is there a YouTube vid of them counting the money?

I guess that means you didn't tow over to Illinois and support Midget racing in the Midwest?

DonMoore10 3/29/09 1:17 PM

Actually I think were on to something here. EXTREME Midget Driver Wrestling. Yeah... a huge industrial strength cage setup in the infield. They could hired the old security guard that the cutey pie baby face allegedly attacked as the play by play announcer and the big box official that got a swipe from the famous old spice driver could be the referee. Get the naming rights from famous Tex and now we have the ultimate saviour of short track midget racing.

DonMoore10 3/29/09 1:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mortboyz (Post 94157)
I guess that means you didn't tow over to Illinois and support Midget racing in the Midwest?

Sorry, couldn't make it. I've taken a weekend job running the french fry machine at Mac's so that I can afford the entry fees, pit passes, licenses, dues, assessments, charges, parking fees, mandated purple tires. I'm also going to be setting up one of those Kweepee doll ball toss side shows at my pit area. Three tosses for $1, but with everything going up, I'm thinking of doubling the deal.

mortboyz 3/29/09 1:28 PM

Would a donated 40lb. bag of dog food help defray your expenses?
And I wouldn't even require my name on your car!

Pine 3/29/09 1:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonMoore10 (Post 94160)
Sorry, couldn't make it. I've taken a weekend job running the french fry machine at Mac's so that I can afford the entry fees, pit passes, licenses, dues, assessments, charges, parking fees, mandated purple tires. I'm also going to be setting up one of those Kweepee doll ball toss side shows at my pit area. Three tosses for $1, but with everything going up, I'm thinking of doubling the deal.

Well, I see you finally figured out what you have to do to race:applaud::applaud::applaud:

:rolling

DonMoore10 3/29/09 1:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mortboyz (Post 94161)
Would a donated 40lb. bag of dog food help defray your expenses?
And I wouldn't even require my name on your car!

If the Kweepee Doll Ball Toss is a hit, I'm also thinking of putting Trixie and Tommy, my amazing Boxer dogs, into action. Maybe a petting zoo, I don't know. Looking at all angles here. I may even start selling Snuggies.

racin51 3/29/09 2:12 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mACgPxvVTb0

Andrew S. Quinn 3/29/09 2:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonMoore10 (Post 94165)
I may even start selling Snuggies.

You might do better selling Kleenex

DonMoore10 3/29/09 3:07 PM

Just my cup of tea if it has a high profit margin.

Pat O'Connor Fan 3/29/09 3:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn (Post 94178)
You might do better selling Kleenex

Might you be suggesting that Don would be his own best customer :crying: ?

E.P. 3/29/09 3:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonMoore10 (Post 94158)
Actually I think were on to something here. EXTREME Midget Driver Wrestling. Yeah... a huge industrial strength cage setup in the infield. They could hired the old security guard that the cutey pie baby face allegedly attacked as the play by play announcer and the big box official that got a swipe from the famous old spice driver could be the referee. Get the naming rights from famous Tex and now we have the ultimate saviour of short track midget racing.

You are off topic DonMoore10. Stick to the original post.:loser:

DonMoore10 3/29/09 4:22 PM

You're off topic for posting that I'm off topic. From the generic topic title the discussion moved to the driver fight, perfectly within the topic of the updates.

petey 3/29/09 4:22 PM

The guys must have turned on the nitrous around the 1:50 mark in that vid.:O: Thanks racin51.

rocket5612 3/29/09 6:04 PM

I'm sorry, but I disagree with your opinion. I would think that your attitude inside the race car reflects your attitude outside of the car. When a driver drives a race car the way Brad Loyet does, with total lack of respect for the safety of himself, his fellow competitors and of course his competitor's equipment, his real attitude is coming out. As to what you stated about his family "helping" people out I will not comment on that because I am only a fan and have no clue what goes on in the pits. However, I call things as I see them and I will say that it seems Brad Loyet's family would want Brad to succeed in his racing career, especially with the vast financial investment they have made into it, and by driving the way he does I think he is setting himself up to fail in the long run.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirt midget (Post 94145)
I've seen Brad Loyet race a whole lot of times! He drives extremely hard and wrecks some cars, I do not disagree. But his attitude outside a racecar does show what kind of person he and his entire family are! Polite, respectful, and very friendly people! His family will and does help out more people than you will ever know, and they do so because they are good people, nothing more and nothing less! Let's not start bad mouthing Brad Loyet as a person because he wrecks some race cars!

Joe Kidd 3/29/09 6:18 PM

It is starting to sound like QMA and USAC .25 racing. :rolleyes:

dirtywhiteboy 3/29/09 6:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonMoore10 (Post 94158)

Hey, NASCAR has Ric Flair so we could get Hornswoggle for this.

Tim Watson 3/29/09 7:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocket5612 (Post 94199)
I'm sorry, but I disagree with your opinion. I would think that your attitude inside the race car reflects your attitude outside of the car. When a driver drives a race car the way Brad Loyet does, with total lack of respect for the safety of himself, his fellow competitors and of course his competitor's equipment, his real attitude is coming out. As to what you stated about his family "helping" people out I will not comment on that because I am only a fan and have no clue what goes on in the pits. However, I call things as I see them and I will say that it seems Brad Loyet's family would want Brad to succeed in his racing career, especially with the vast financial investment they have made into it, and by driving the way he does I think he is setting himself up to fail in the long run.

IT'S RACING!!!!! Little hard to tell by the speed of the video at the end but come on everybody it's the last lap and throwing on a slider if you are running 2nd is the norm for any driver. To me throwing a punch is worse than throwing a slider. :icon_smile_blackeye

Mud Packer 3/29/09 7:14 PM

I enjoyed the show last night and I am glad I made the trip.:Steer I have yet to see a poorly run show by Powri. Powri officials started the program on time and gave us a full night of midget and micro racing for $12 admission. They re-worked the track when needed and still were able to keep the program moving along pretty well considering all of the cars who came to race.

I didn't care who won and it is always difficult when a situation occurs that causes the officials to get involved. They made a call, right or wrong depending on which fan base, car owner, mechanics, drivers, etc; but they made a call and will live with it. I hope everyone who is critical of either driver was at the Southern Illinois Center last night for a first hand view of the proceedings. If not, you are all speculating as to what really did happen.

I was sorry to see Don Moore's car not make it but with all he has said on the IOW board, I certainly didn't expect to see it there. A great opening night crowd that was treated to an entertaining racing program. I certainly couldn't have asked for more.:thumb

#1Brad Kuhn Fan 3/29/09 7:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mud Packer (Post 94212)

I hope everyone who is critical of either driver was at the Southern Illinois Center last night for a first hand view of the proceedings. If not, you are all speculating as to what really did happen.

Well said.... :thumb

#1Brad Kuhn Fan 3/29/09 7:23 PM

Im speaking now as a Race fan.Not a brad Kuhn fan.

I agree Brad Loyet on not getting the win because his "Mistake" was during the race. I agree that 2nd place got the win because there was no mistake made during race action.

As for punching another driver after racing action is compeleted i feel that there should be no penelty.Because racing was completed.

Just IMO

mortboyz 3/29/09 7:46 PM

:rolling

badgerfan 3/29/09 7:50 PM

Not having been there its hard to say much other than rubbin is racing. I enjoy watching both Brads. Both seem pretty decent sorts off the track as well. Hopefully they both put this behind them and have great seasons. Both are obviously very talented and intense. Heck, they wouldn't be doing this if they were not a few steps beyond competitive type A's.