IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Indiana midget week (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=117118)

jim goerge 6/1/21 12:26 PM

Indiana midget week

I haven"t seen much talk about it this year on here. I don"t know about you guys but I"m fired up about it. with couple new tracks added to it WWWHHHOOOOO I hate sounding like ol DW but, LETS GO RACING BOYS LOL :8: :6: :D You see a guy with a cowboy hat on and a roller stop and say Hey :23::23:

Charles Nungester 6/1/21 12:38 PM

Re: Indiana midget week

I'll be at Burg and probably Circle city. Back to burg for reg Harf, Darf, Sparc2 Barc show on the 12th

edmunds super 6/1/21 12:45 PM

Schedule so you don't have to find it...
:8:
(I) Jun 03 Paragon Speedway Paragon, IN
(I) Jun 04 Bloomington Speedway Bloomington, IN
(I) Jun 05 Lawrenceburg Speedway Lawrenceburg, IN
(I) Jun 06 Tri-State Speedway Haubstadt, IN
(I) Jun 09 Circle City Raceway Indianapolis, IN
(I) Jun 10 Lincoln Park Speedway Putnamville, IN
(I) Jun 11 Gas City I-69 Speedway Gas City, IN
(I) Jun 12 Kokomo Speedway Kokomo, IN

DHayes818 6/1/21 1:31 PM

Will there be more than just a few drivers that will go to all 8 races?

flagboy55 6/1/21 10:14 PM

Jim, I too am fired up about midget week. I am also concerned. The last time the USAC midgets raced a national show in Indiana I believe it was the Kokomo Gran Prix. We were there live one of the two nights. But I believe there were only 20 cars approximately both nights. The racing was good but that’s not what we’ve come to expect of IMW. I know this, come 5 o clock Thursday evening I’ll be tuned into Flo and setting my Dirtdraft lineup. (central time)

jim goerge 6/1/21 10:36 PM

Flagboy I"m hoping we can get couple of the PowrI guys to come run for some bigger money. I hope we can get the car count up like it was last year,in the 40s, if we can great, if not thats ok too cuz know it will be hell of a show no matter what track we"re at :8: An best part is support class is SPRINT CARS :6:

flagboy55 6/2/21 8:35 PM

Has anyone seen an entry list?

mc/rider 6/3/21 7:06 AM

Sunshine, blue skies,cold beer, and hotrods. Lets go racing :27:

Dirtfan 6/3/21 7:30 AM

May be iffy today.

Will Shunk 6/3/21 11:55 AM

Looks like better sky conditions for Paragon, but anyone know what the ground conditions are like? How much rain fell will tell the tale.

Dirtfan 6/3/21 12:02 PM

Raining hard here,we shall see.😏😏

PAW 6/3/21 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirtfan (Post 540436)
Raining hard here,we shall see.😏😏

Where is here at?

wildman92 6/3/21 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAW (Post 540441)
Where is here at?

Bloomington. Been pouring for over an hour.

jim goerge 6/3/21 1:07 PM

Jen We had that earlier this morning Hard rain thunder for bout a hour but nothing since then, still looking nasty, like its going to pour again at any time

Chief Wahoo 6/3/21 2:19 PM

USAC posted about 20 minutes ago on Twitter that " Dry skies & a fast racetrack await tonight's opener at Paragon " Heck ya, let's go racing!!

flagboy55 6/3/21 2:28 PM

My radar app shows the rain staying south of Paragon. Weatherbug app shows 10% or less chances in Paragon. They’re usually accurate

bmemmer 6/3/21 2:31 PM

I'm glad your worried about the weather in Bloomington 😂🤣😂. Seriously been sweating bullets all day hoping the shield doesn't slide a quarter mile northwest. Been on the south side of 67 ALL day. So far I'm not going broke tonight 🤣

Dirtfan 6/3/21 3:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmemmer (Post 540448)
I'm glad your worried about the weather in Bloomington 😂🤣😂. Seriously been sweating bullets all day hoping the shield doesn't slide a quarter mile northwest. Been on the south side of 67 ALL day. So far I'm not going broke tonight 🤣

We'll give you one more chance to redeem yourself.LMAO

Eric Smith 6/7/21 1:32 PM

Looks like the concern about car counts was legit. Will there even be a full field for Gas City and Kokomo? Makes it hard to not go to Ohio to spectate if there's only going to be 3 heats and a feature for both classes in Indiana. Hopefully, someone chimes in and says that other half that has stayed home so far will be coming out.

Big Willy 6/7/21 2:38 PM

I have no idea why anyone would be concerned about "car counts" as the best in the business are running the series and last night at TSS there were plenty of cars for a B regardless. The heat races at TSS were fantastic and the feature was also action packed. I'll take quality over quantity any day...

Chief Wahoo 6/7/21 3:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Willy (Post 540609)
I have no idea why anyone would be concerned about "car counts" as the best in the business are running the series and last night at TSS there were plenty of cars for a B regardless. The heat races at TSS were fantastic and the feature was also action packed. I'll take quality over quantity any day...

I’ll second your statement. Quality of cars and drivers are phenomenal! Majority of PowerI midget drivers I believe aren’t old enough to run USAC. We don’t need any back markers just to raise the car count. Hasn’t been a bad feature yet. Those folks wanting 50 cars are :10: And this isn’t the Chili Bowl either.

Charles Nungester 6/7/21 3:36 PM

Back when I attended World 100s and Dreams, About 150 cars would show up.

I don't go now because there is only 60.................

SMH (Sarcasm)

jim goerge 6/7/21 4:16 PM

I"ve been to three of the four (watched the Burg on Flo), We don"t need 60 cars for great racing. Every race has been exciteing and hard fought, in both the midgets and the sprints. If you"re staying home cuz of car counts then maybe you need to throw your racing T shirts away and start wearing sorccor stuff :D

ronmil 6/7/21 4:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim goerge (Post 540614)
I"ve been to three of the four (watched the Burg on Flo), We don"t need 60 cars for great racing. Every race has been exciteing and hard fought, in both the midgets and the sprints. If you"re staying home cuz of car counts then maybe you need to throw your racing T shirts away and start wearing sorccor stuff :D

What he said!

sw1911 6/7/21 4:57 PM

I think most people can recall a really good race where all the cars got to run the feature.

SoIllSprinter 6/7/21 5:15 PM

In what world is 27-35 quality cars not a good field for a race? Talk about looking for flaws where there is none, this is it. At Tri-State the racing was fantastic, in both classes, minus possibly the sprint B. Personally, seeing the cream and not the whole crop makes it more compelling.

Charles Nungester 6/7/21 6:53 PM

Best feature I've seen this year only sixteen cars showed and one couldn't race.

Still had a three car battle for the lead the last ten laps.

dsc1600 6/7/21 7:31 PM

The less cars the better is what I always hear people say.

flagboy55 6/7/21 7:38 PM

Give me 4 heats and a hooligan and I’m good. I have to say however I do prefer the larger car count. I suppose I got spoiled when a lot more quality teams travelled here for the week. Especially Sprint Week when a lot of west coast teams came out. Those really were the good ol days

BigWheel7 6/7/21 9:10 PM

I have a feeling we probably won’t see the 40+ midget car counts for Indiana Midget Week anymore. Between the costs of being competitive and the growing wing sprint ranks, it just doesn’t look good.

jim goerge 6/8/21 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flagboy55 (Post 540627)
Give me 4 heats and a hooligan and I’m good. I have to say however I do prefer the larger car count. I suppose I got spoiled when a lot more quality teams travelled here for the week. Especially Sprint Week when a lot of west coast teams came out. Those really were the good ol days

FLag55 Dude its still midget week, I don"t recall a lot of midgets ever coming here for IMW. I think a hand full
of west coast teams will be here for ISW in fact one team has moved here Jake Swanson , and last year I heard that one other was looking for land to move their business and race shop to in Princeton IN.

flagboy55 6/8/21 11:30 PM

I’m very well aware of which week it is, that’s why I used the adverb “especially” to separate sprint week from midget week. In my opinion car count is low for IMW this year. As I stated I have no complaints but it’s usually around 40 plus if I’m not mistaken. I like a lot of cars, regardless of where they come from

opnwhlmnd 6/9/21 8:46 AM

CMR only has two cars now and KKM only has what five this year instead of nine like they have in the past. No RAMS racing cars. No Larson and his team. No PA guys like Alex Bright and Steve Buckwalter. Adds up quick.

Personally for me it doesn't matter the car count. Does anyone even watch the battle of two lapped cars dueling for 15th and 16th? I also like the fact that USAC makes lapped cars go to the rear after a red or yellow now.

Grocery Guy 6/9/21 11:22 AM

Wonder what a race team budget looks like when you compare the entire Midget week to Chili Bowl week. I find it amazing how many cars will compete in the Chili Bowl and the budget it takes to run that week. You basically race two days, and the second day you could run one race and be done. Travel, hotel rooms, hours spent all week, food...I guess its the experience.

The Old Coyote 6/9/21 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grocery Guy (Post 540685)
Wonder what a race team budget looks like when you compare the entire Midget week to Chili Bowl week. I find it amazing how many cars will compete in the Chili Bowl and the budget it takes to run that week. You basically race two days, and the second day you could run one race and be done. Travel, hotel rooms, hours spent all week, food...I guess its the experience.

Does anyone know the Chili Bowl purse and what the payout is through the field? I have heard it is that much.

reeserx 6/9/21 1:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd (Post 540681)
CMR only has two cars now and KKM only has what five this year instead of nine like they have in the past. No RAMS racing cars. No Larson and his team. No PA guys like Alex Bright and Steve Buckwalter. Adds up quick.

Personally for me it doesn't matter the car count. Does anyone even watch the battle of two lapped cars dueling for 15th and 16th? I also like the fact that USAC makes lapped cars go to the rear after a red or yellow now.

Steve buckwalter and Taylor raimer are joining this 2nd half of the week so we pick up 2 more. You are absolutely correct about KKM and CMR as well. We don’t have many powri guys either like Zack daum, he usually comes and races

davidm 6/10/21 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reeserx (Post 540689)
Steve buckwalter and Taylor raimer are joining this 2nd half of the week so we pick up 2 more. You are absolutely correct about KKM and CMR as well. We don’t have many powri guys either like Zack daum, he usually comes and races

Steve mentioned in victory lane at Lincoln Saturday after he won the ARDC midget race that he was heading out for Midget week Wednesday.

Charles Nungester 6/10/21 2:31 PM

Steve Buckwalter Racing
1nu3ct dSplesmongstionresd ·
X
Steve made the last minute decision not to attend the final races of Indiana Midget Week. Instead he will be racing in PA this upcoming weekend. He will be at Williams Grove on Friday, Selinsgrove on Saturday and Bloomsburg on Sunday for the ARDC midget race.