IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Paragon Speedway MSCS & Fireworks July 4th Thursday (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=109901)

Paragon Speedway 6/30/19 5:45 PM

Paragon Speedway MSCS & Fireworks July 4th Thursday

Paragon Speedway will be hosting MSCS Sprints on July 4th. Also racing Paragon Sprints, modifieds,and super stocks!
The REAL fireworks will be at dark! (The electrician completed rewiring of infield lights today!!!! A HUGE Thank You to McCloud Electric Service!)
Main Gate opens at 5pm
General Admission $20.00
Pit Gate opens at 4pm
11 and over $30.00
10 and under $15.00

Racing will start at 7pm

Paragon Speedway 7/2/19 7:18 AM

This will be the MSCS Sprints 2nd visit to Paragon Speedway in 2019.

Paragon Speedway 7/4/19 1:09 PM

Race track and firework preparations are under way. It is a great way to spend the 4th!

Duane Hancock 7/4/19 1:18 PM

Re: Paragon Speedway MSCS & Fireworks July 4th Thursday

Is fireworks before or after sprint car A Main? Just over a 3 hour drive and have to work tomorrow, just wondering

old timer 7/4/19 7:27 PM

Are they racing?

Jerry Shaw 7/4/19 7:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old timer (Post 516323)
Are they racing?

Yes. 57 sprints total. 31 MSCS and 26 of the Paragon Sprints. Darland Stockon Meseraull Cummins B Short Shane Cottle Cockrum Hopkins Berryhill Hodges Aitken Rose Schnapf Jordan Kinser

ronmil 7/4/19 9:09 PM

Any results yet?

3Cfan 7/4/19 10:09 PM

Yes,they decided to run the mods SPIN OUT feature first instead of the sprints. Paragon DROPPED THE BALL. It's gonna be a late one.

racefan20 7/4/19 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3Cfan (Post 516329)
Yes,they decided to run the mods SPIN OUT feature first instead of the sprints. Paragon DROPPED THE BALL. It's gonna be a late one.

At 10 O'clock there is gonna be a mod feature and maybe some fireworks before the MSCS feature and you think its gonna be a late night....have you ever been to Paragon before?

hoosier race fan 7/4/19 10:36 PM

They ran the mods first at Macon tonight also. Then they had an outstanding race with the late models in the Herald & Review 100. Gordy Gundaker stole the win away from Bobby Pierce at the line. I’m sure all you die hard late model fans here already knew that.

kcarm92 7/4/19 10:41 PM

Lets not blame it all on the mods, how about the 1/2hr -45 minutes of packing the track back in after Sprint heats

ronmil 7/4/19 10:47 PM

Now I am sort of glad I am not there!

Bill Angel 7/4/19 10:55 PM

They could save a lot of $ if they told the announcing crew to stay home. Can't hear a word and it gets worse every week.

VSneader2 7/4/19 11:47 PM

Hopkins kinser darland your top 3 MSCS

Hustlin-Hoosier 7/4/19 11:52 PM

I know it was about Late Models but, Thank you for that bit of News. Got to see these two young men race Quarter Midgets.

Hustlin-Hoosier 7/4/19 11:58 PM

They ran the mods first at Macon tonight also. Then they had an outstanding race with the late models in the Herald & Review 100. Gordy Gundaker stole the win away from Bobby Pierce at the line. I’m sure all you die hard late model fans here already knew that
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hustlin-Hoosier (Post 516348)
I know it was about Late Models but, Thank you for that bit of News. Got to see these two young men race Quarter Midgets.

3Cfan 7/5/19 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcarm92 (Post 516338)
Lets not blame it all on the mods, how about the 1/2hr -45 minutes of packing the track back in after Sprint heats

Very true Kenny. They should have run the MSCS B main after the Paragon sprint heats.Then could have run the MSCS Feature first before the fireworks. But the first 5 laps of the mods was a demo derby.

Jerry Shaw 7/5/19 2:07 AM

That was a wild one to start the weekend off with, that's for sure! For most of the race it looked like no one had anything for Jordan Kinser. There were times that he stretched his lead out to half a straightaway or more. But once AJ Hopkins got around Dave Darland, he immediately started reeling Dakota Jackson in, who was in second. At the same time Dakota was starting to cut into Jordan’s margin. Kyle Cummins was also running up fast through the field after a flat right rear caused him to go to the work area, earlier. And Shane Cockrum was making his way through the running order, until he ended up over turn 4 to end his night. Then, after a late yellow, you had Kinser, Jackson and Hopkins nose to tail. Those that go to LPS a lot, knew that this late in the race, if you had Hopkins a little more than 2 car lengths away from the lead, that some aggression was about to ensue. And that it did. A big slider coming out of turn 1, into turn 2. He slides up the track, there's contact with Jackson. Jackson is over the ledge, turned over on his side. Obviously not the execution on that move that AJ had intended. And Dakota had to be restrained by track personnel before he got to where AJ's car was parked for the red. And in the crowd you had people screaming at each other and the policeman working that area had to intervene to get that diffused. Then when things got back underway, as soon as the green flew again AJ, undeterred, set his sights on the leader. This time the slider was thrown on the mark, he grabbed the lead and after a short battle with Kinser, he took control and drove to the win. Some cheers. Quite a few of boos. It's going to be an interesting weekend. Also, a nice night's work for Darland. Shane Cottle and Bill Rose, as well. And you've got to take you hat off to Josh Hodges. He's here racing hard tonight and tomorrow night, he and his car are on the entry list at a track 400 miles away. That's a warrior, right there. Dave is headed there, too. I don't need to tell you he's a warrior. You already know that.

Jerry

BrentTFunk 7/5/19 5:42 AM

I almost went but had to into work for an hour at 6am. What time were the sprint features over?

popham 7/5/19 7:11 AM

Typical Hopkins, one of these days he will get what’s coming to him. I don’t understand why any car owner would want to be associated with him, let alone keep repairing all the stuff he tears up.

mlamb 7/5/19 12:33 PM

Congratulations Josh Cunningham on your feature win last night.

robert gatten 7/5/19 6:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by popham (Post 516359)
Typical Hopkins, one of these days he will get what’s coming to him. I don’t understand why any car owner would want to be associated with him, let alone keep repairing all the stuff he tears up.

I think he drives his own stuff.

popham 7/5/19 6:48 PM

Better check again, the car is taken care of by Ottinger’s, same car KTJ drove

4J Motorsports 7/6/19 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by popham (Post 516359)

why would I want to have AJ in my car ?? that's a good Question .. He has more natural talent than most drivers I have seen out there .. He isn't the best but pretty good . he is a great ambassador to our sport . he is approachable , he works as hard as he drives . I never have to wonder if he is gonna be there 100% . he always gives me 100% . did I mention that he is fast . As a car owner its a lot easier to try and slow a guy down than to get him to go faster . Also sprint car guys, at least the good ones hang it out on the jagged edge every lap , and when you do that sometimes when he makes a little mistake it turns into a big deal. Your entitled to your opinion . but ill bet you 100 bucks that there isn't anyone any more tore up about that mistake than him . he is a top notch person and I am proud to have him winning in my car !!! He could win in any ones car . Again did I mention he is fast :22::22::22::22:

Hammer 7/7/19 12:17 AM

Hadn't been to Paragon since 2004,really enjoyed the show and had some good food served to me by some really nice ladies in the concession. Some good racing and super excited fans too. I really appreciate Joe taking over and keeping that track going good, know they've got alot of plans for future improvements. Thanks Paragon Speedway!

Hammer 7/7/19 12:52 AM

AJ drove a good aggressive race and won, I'm not a big fan of slide jobs but to win sometimes you've got to be aggressive and take a few chances. Decisions in racing sometimes are split second and make the difference in winning or not or wrecking or not. Congrats to AJ Hopkins for the win and the other winner Jordan Kinser for running a hell of a race and displaying great sportsmanship after congratulating AJ too.

Buster51 7/7/19 1:27 AM

Too bad as racers we cant get home before 3 am after working all day.

greenupracing20 7/7/19 8:42 AM

Would anyone possibly have a video of the paragon sprintcar race from that night?

JDK222 7/7/19 10:43 AM

Races are usually on JackSlash a few days after.

greenupracing20 7/7/19 2:21 PM

Thanks JDK. and Buster 51 at 3am we still had two hours to go to get home

Buster51 7/7/19 10:17 PM

I understand that. My thing is how long can you keep guys showing up and fans.

greenupracing20 7/7/19 10:43 PM

Had a long ride home. Hope to be back.

Buster51 7/8/19 12:02 AM

Good deal